4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

It might be my computer but is anyone else having problems quoting someone??

I can no longer quote from my home computer as well, I figured something was wrong with my PC and have basically been using my cell phone most of the time. I used to have no problem but I tried as recently a yesterday to no avail. I'm not an IT guy though to say the least. Nice to hear you are having trouble too. Ha! :)

If you are using Internet Explorer you can not quote on AUF. That was the problem I had part of last month if some of you remember. Use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser. Chrome is my recommendation.

^^^THIS^^^ I have yet to have problems quoting once I started using Chrome.

I am still using IE 8 and it works for me.

Just a suggestion. I had more trouble with IE 8, 9, 10 and none of them really worked that well for me. Try Foxfire/Mozilla. This is light speed quicker than I.E all the way around. Google Chrome will eat up way too ,much resources. It made my system work like a herd of constipated elephants.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be my computer but is anyone else having problems quoting someone??

I can no longer quote from my home computer as well, I figured something was wrong with my PC and have basically been using my cell phone most of the time. I used to have no problem but I tried as recently a yesterday to no avail. I'm not an IT guy though to say the least. Nice to hear you are having trouble too. Ha! :)/>

If you are using Internet Explorer you can not quote on AUF. That was the problem I had part of last month if some of you remember. Use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser. Chrome is my recommendation.

^^^THIS^^^ I have yet to have problems quoting once I started using Chrome.

I am still using IE 8 and it works for me.

Just a suggestion. I had more trouble with IE 8, 9, 10 and none of them really worked that well for me. Try Foxfire/Mozilla. This is light speed quicker than I.E all the way around. Google Chrome will eat up way too ,much resources. It made my system work like a herd of constipated elephants.

Funny you said Foxfire. I love those books! Haha

I believe you can never have too many elite O-Lineman. I am a little puzzled why we don't have a least a couple already on board this year. Mr. Smith would be a nice pickup but E, why haven't we gone after at least one or two more this year? Is our depth really that good?

I believe you can never have too many elite O-Lineman. I am a little puzzled why we don't have a least a couple already on board this year. Mr. Smith would be a nice pickup but E, why haven't we gone after at least one or two more this year? Is our depth really that good?

yes

yes

Wish you'd shorten your posts. My attention span is not what it used to be.

all our starters will be seniors or draft eligible next season. our depth is very good, as good as I remember but the darn early entries could change that. not likely that more than one would leave early but stranger things have happened. who under the sun would have thought g robinson would be a 1st rounder 5 months ago. my point is we are in great shape on the oline but need to keep stocking for 2 and 3 years out. the problem is almost all recruits don't think like that. that is one area saban does well in is bringing in top talent that is not going to play early. not sure how he does it. :-\

He likes gardening? Come on now...how many of you took Dr. Brown's Organic Gardening class??? Best elective ever? Was for me. I sat next to Ben Tate that semester (very nice kid). Dr. Brown was the best. "The Marlboro Man will getcha!"

Please tell me I'm not alone here. Auburn has a fantastic Horticulture program, and I wouldn't be surprised if the staff has tried to sell Smith on this.

Any of you members who are lucky enough to still be at Auburn, take this class before you graduate. Thank me later.

Pop Quiz Man!

^^^^THIS!!!!!

We aren't taking more O-linemen this year because we DO have depth and quality problems at DE, LB and all over the defensive backfield. With limited scholarships and a new staff a team cannot stockpile everywhere every year. This year we have a pressing need at the positions I listed above and don't have the luxury of recruiting three years ahead on O-lineman. There simply aren't enough slots available.

You need a few every year and they are being selective. If u can get some good ones then u do! You never know bout injuries etc

yes

Seconded...

Our Offense is in really good shape right now. The largest area of concern on offense is in the receiving core, which with this current class signing their letters of intent in February, puts us in good shape here as well. If we want our team to be successful for years to come, we have to recruit for needs, not just stars.

Next year, we will focus more on O-Line recruits. Right now, our biggest needs are on the defensive side of the ball.

Just curious...but in these discussions there is always the assumption that a big strong athlete like Braden must play offense since he is listed as an OL.

Just because that's where they start in HS, does that mean they do not have the potential to be dominant on the defensive side of the line? Just seems to me that guys built like Smith are going to be good whichever side of the line they play.

When is he projected to announce?

NSD

I propose changing the acronym to GMD.

Ok I'll bite... GMD??

Archived