4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

The latest articles on Smith have him benching over 500 pounds 3 times and squatting 700. The coach said they hold him back because they didn't want to risk injury...he can clearly do more. I think I know who will start at tackle next year,

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest articles on Smith have him benching over 500 pounds 3 times and squatting 700. The coach said they hold him back because they didn't want to risk injury...he can clearly do more. I think I know who will start at tackle next year,

Maybe. He has a lot to learn to face this level of competition.

Here's the bench press you speak of

I think I know who will start at tackle next year,

Apparently being able to play Tackle came down to how much you can bench press and squat....who knew?

Braden Smith will not start next year.

I think I know who will start at tackle next year,

I hope not. If so all the Oline depth we have is not as good as we thought. I want to see a true freshman playing Oline about as little as I do QB. Let's give the kid some time to get used to playing against SEC lineman in practice. His level of competition has not exactly been stellar.

one of the articles posted had his bench at 560 (I would guess this to be of the one rep variety). the kid is a beast!

that said, what about him working with the DE's next season, since we do have quality depth on the o-line? With his strength, size, and apparent speed, it could be brutal with he and Carl as bookends. Think about it! WDE!!!!!!!!

I vote put him in at RB once or twice. Let him line up way behind the LOS, get a good running start, and it will look like he's knocking over bowling pins.

Heck, if I saw him running at me, I'd probably just get the heck out of the way.

I vote put him in at RB once or twice. Let him line up way behind the LOS, get a good running start, and it will look like he's knocking over bowling pins.

Heck, if I saw him running at me, I'd probably just get the heck out of the way.

^^^^ I like this idea.

Can we get him involved in the red zone game too? I feel like surely he could play a little TE. Or go unbalanced and have him report as an eligible tackle and slip out to the flats

I think Braden Smith should play some Cornerback too.

Don't we need a new placekicker too? Can you imagine him on onside kicks? HULK WANT BALL!

He could probably hit a 70 yarder! Parkey could hit from 55 and think about how much stronger Braden's legs are

Or punter! Nobody would ever try to block a punt ever again.

We wouldn't ever punt the ball with Smith at that position. Fake it every time, and just plow down the field!!!

if this is all a result of my suggestion of playing DE, I do see the humor in what you all are doing, but he did play on the D-line is HS as well. I thought it was a reasonable suggestion. Oh well.

if this is all a result of my suggestion of playing DE, I do see the humor in what you all are doing, but he did play on the D-line is HS as well. I thought it was a reasonable suggestion. Oh well.

I agree with you that he could play DL with his strength and quick feet and be an upgrade over some on the roster, but it won't happen.

I was wondering how he might look on the DL, too. Actually, with an athlete like this I curious about how he might perform in different roles.

A 6' 6" 300lbs. Jay Prosch? Anyone? At least until he finds a place on the line.

I'm with ya...he's definitely as fast as Jay.

Archived