2015 4* WR Christian Kirk (Texas A&M signee)

AU64

Not sure how much new info here, as I don't have an insider account. But apparently ESPN seems to like us as a dark horse to land Kirk.

http://insider.espn....l/post?id=59314

It's something I've never read before regarding Kirk's recruitment but I was not surprised. It will be very interesting to see how Kirk's OV goes.

I hope it goes well. I wonder if possible would we take both Kirk and Merrick.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how much new info here, as I don't have an insider account. But apparently ESPN seems to like us as a dark horse to land Kirk.

It's something I've never read before regarding Kirk's recruitment but I was not surprised. It will be very interesting to see how Kirk's OV goes.

Good question but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's get 1 before worrying about getting 2 since we likely don't lead with either one right now.

Good question but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's get 1 before worrying about getting 2 since we likely don't lead with either one right now.

I'll always feel more optimistic about KM just based on proximity to AU.

I like Merritt a little better personally, but both are incredible!

I did too until I re-watched Kirk's film. Kid's electric, would be a great get. Would be ecstatic with either, though.

Neither Kirk or Merritt are tall guys. Both are around 5'10". Pretty short these days by receiver standards.

Neither Kirk or Merritt are tall guys. Both are around 5'10". Pretty short these days by receiver standards.

Steve Smith says hello from Baltimore....guys his size are murder in the slot....plenty of room for Kirk at AU. Watch for Stanton Truitt...about the same size and he's going to be something special as he gets older.

Steve Smith says hello from Baltimore....guys his size are murder in the slot....plenty of room for Kirk at AU. Watch for Stanton Truitt...about the same size and he's going to be something special as he gets older.

I know this. I think we are in need of outside receivers more than slot receivers. Truitt will be great in the slot and he is only a freshman.

Steve Smith was at his best when he had big Muhsin Muhammad to compliment his talents. In the speed kills era, Florida tried to utilize all smaller, quicker receivers in their offense and it eventually back fired as there was no deep threat. Speed and size kills these days so I prefer a healthy mix of receivers. With Jason Smith and Mcgriff projected at slot, I would prefer our next receiver to be a deep threat receiver. With all that said, I am hoping Tony Stevens becomes a formidable deep threat until Nate arrives at Auburn. WDE

I know this. I think we are in need of outside receivers more than slot receivers. Truitt will be great in the slot and he is only a freshman.

Don't let height fool you. Merrit is a big 5'11 being 210 lbs. He is physical and has speed to burn. He can play slot or outside. Given what we are losing in Duke I prefer Merrit to the others right now.

What happen to BigBird? I haven't seen him post on here in a long time.

This is his busy time of year. He's a high school football coach.

Steve Smith was at his best when he had big Muhsin Muhammad to compliment his talents. In the speed kills era, Florida tried to utilize all smaller, quicker receivers in their offense and it eventually back fired as there was no deep threat. Speed and size kills these days so I prefer a healthy mix of receivers. With Jason Smith and Mcgriff projected at slot, I would prefer our next receiver to be a deep threat receiver. With all that said, I am hoping Tony Stevens becomes a formidable deep threat until Nate arrives at Auburn. WDE

I agree with this. When I see Stevens on the field, I always think it looks like he need to put on 15 pounds or so. He looks very skinny.

Don't let height fool you. Merrit is a big 5'11 being 210 lbs. He is physical and has speed to burn. He can play slot or outside. Given what we are losing in Duke I prefer Merrit to the others right now.

E, I saw a staffer from one of the recruiting sites tweeted this AM that Merrick to AU was a long shot. Hopefully this weekend will pull him more towards making the right decision.

E, I saw a staffer from one of the recruiting sites tweeted this AM that Merrick to AU was a long shot. Hopefully this weekend will pull him more towards making the right decision.

Who was it? If it was a national guy I would not give any thought to the tweet....And it's Merritt not Merrick.

Is Kirk looking @ Arizona? If so, last night's marquee win must've impressed.

Nope. It's TAMU, USC, Arizona State, AU, and tOSU.

Who was it? If it was a national guy I would not give any thought to the tweet....And it's Merritt not Merrick.

So you're saying Merrick is a long shot. ;)

So you're saying Merrick is a long shot. ;)/>

Dammick! Merrick is my favorick!

I thintt there is merrick in who you pitted as your favorick.

I thintt there is merrick in who you pitted as your favorick.

And to think, I may have caused this. Sorry, Mr Merritt.

E, It was Keith N that tweeted that AU is a darkhorse for Merritt. I wold hope we are in his top 4 or so an thus not really a darkhorse.

Archived