2015 4* WR Christian Kirk (Texas A&M signee)

AU64

E, It was Keith N that tweeted that AU is a darkhorse for Merritt. I wold hope we are in his top 4 or so an thus not really a darkhorse.

You said longshot earlier. Dark horse and longshot are different to me. Dark horse to me means a team to watch out for that may make noise.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E, I saw a staffer from one of the recruiting sites tweeted this AM that Merrick to AU was a long shot. Hopefully this weekend will pull him more towards making the right decision.

Who was it? If it was a national guy I would not give any thought to the tweet....And it's Merritt not Merrick.

So you're saying Merrick is a long shot. ;)/>

Dammick! Merrick is my favorick!

I thintt there is merrick in who you pitted as your favorick.

:laugh:

E, It was Keith N that tweeted that AU is a darkhorse for Merritt. I wold hope we are in his top 4 or so an thus not really a darkhorse.

You said longshot earlier. Dark horse and longshot are different to me. Dark horse to me means a team to watch out for that may make noise.

I was going from memory. Not sure I like being a darkhorse. I hope the weekend is terrific for him.

Steve Smith was at his best when he had big Muhsin Muhammad to compliment his talents. In the speed kills era, Florida tried to utilize all smaller, quicker receivers in their offense and it eventually back fired as there was no deep threat. Speed and size kills these days so I prefer a healthy mix of receivers. With Jason Smith and Mcgriff projected at slot, I would prefer our next receiver to be a deep threat receiver. With all that said, I am hoping Tony Stevens becomes a formidable deep threat until Nate arrives at Auburn. WDE

I agree with this. When I see Stevens on the field, I always think it looks like he need to put on 15 pounds or so. He looks very skinny.

he does look skinny for sure. He had a nice run after the catch though. Surely he broke at least 5 tackles.

“@ChristianDavon2: Couldn't have asked for a better weekend here in Auburn! #WDE”

5* WR Christian Kirk

Sweet!

• 2 months later...

Keith just CB'd him to the good guys

interpret please...

interpret please...

Sorry about that. 247sports has a crystal ball feature where the staff can predict where they think recruits are going.

Keith Neihbur, one of our biggest insiders, just predicted that Kirk ended up at Auburn. He's usually pretty good about only changing his picks if he's got some good info

Link to his page

He wrote an article about it as well, but it's premium

Thanks...I got the general idea but was not sure if there was some kind of subliminal message in there.

Hope he's right....a long trip for the kid....we have a little trouble keeping those western kids here however....guess they get homesick which is understandable if they have a good home life.

Kirk is a stud. Watch his film. Would be a great get for us if it happened, don't care how many O commits we have.

So the thought is ASU, Auburn, or aTm for C. Kirk now. Cancelled his official to USC.

aTm's WR coach has been hired away to be HC at Kansas now.

Some think it's between ASU and Auburn now.

Kirk is an EE and plans to announce Dec. 17th so expect Malzahn, Craig (hitting it off with Kirk recently), and possibly Lashlee (his lead recruiter) to have an in-home visit next week.

Quan Bray 2.0

is that a good thing?

I would say so. He's been as consistent as ever this year IMO.

I heard Percy Harvin...... I will stick with that comparison

Quan Bray 2.0

is that a good thing?

I would say so. He's been as consistent as ever this year IMO.

Agree about this year but I was thinking of his career as a whole

So the thought is ASU, Auburn, or aTm for C. Kirk now. Cancelled his official to USC.

aTm's WR coach has been hired away to be HC at Kansas now.

Some think it's between ASU and Auburn now.

Kirk is an EE and plans to announce Dec. 17th so expect Malzahn, Craig (hitting it off with Kirk recently), and possibly Lashlee (his lead recruiter) to have an in-home visit next week.

I appreciate this news. Keith was like the only CB to AU for Kirk. Many of the CBs are probably old and several are not from inside sources. As E has said many times, you can really only look at some of the CBs for real news. When Keith does it, it certainly at least means we have a pretty good shot at getting him.

Archived