2015 4* WR Christian Kirk (Texas A&M signee)

AU64

Who said we shouldn't take great players from anywhere? My point is that Bama is starting to see the consequences of slow-playing local talent in order to lure some big name kid from CA or AZ. We need to recruit exactly the way we are now. If there is some stud from North Dakota that wants to play at AU you sign him. But don't slow play a local kid that may not be ranked as high but has the same potential. I know some folks would rather win Signing Day than any other actual game. Bama will sign another Top 5 class again this year. But give me 22 AL/GA/FL kids over 22 scattered from all over any day.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so what's the word on this kid? why aren't we recruiting him? or are we?

It would be awesome.. we could call him Cap'n

so what's the word on this kid? why aren't we recruiting him? or are we?

It would be awesome.. we could call him Cap'n

Malzahn recruited him when Malzahn was OC under Chizik, but I don't know about now. His size makes me think he would play the same spot as Stanton Truit-so there may not be a need for him.

I think this guy is a year behind Truit....and meanwhile, don't think we ignore an possibly interested 5* just because we already have someone coming in with similar skills. We have a lot of rising juniors and seniors and will have some major holes to fill in 2015.

• 4 months later...

“@JHokanson: #Rivals100 WR Christian Kirk. RT @ChristianDavon2: I will be visiting UGA, Tennesse, Auburn and Alabama on May 25th through May 31st?”

Could he be the first uncommitted prospect on the list for Big Cat Weekend?

"@JHokanson: #Rivals100 WR Christian Kirk. RT @ChristianDavon2: I will be visiting UGA, Tennesse, Auburn and Alabama on May 25th through May 31st"

Could he be the first uncommitted prospect on the list for Big Cat Weekend?

Carr and Javon Patterson made that distinction. BCW is likely on May 24th so unless Kirk moves up his dates he will likely not be in for BCW.

Why wouldn't we want the best players from across the country? I find it rather silly to limit ourselves to one region. If Auburn has another good, national-headline-getting season a lot of kids from everywhere will want to come to Auburn because of Gus and his brand of football (the media hypes Gus a ton). Not to mention kids love it once they visit the campus.

Why wouldn't we want the best players from across the country? I find it rather silly to limit ourselves to one region. If Auburn has another good, national-headline-getting season a lot of kids from everywhere will want to come to Auburn because of Gus and his brand of football (the media hypes Gus a ton). Not to mention kids love it once they visit the campus.

Nobody has said or implied in recent memory that we are or should limit ourselves. Your post is confusing.

Nobody has said or implied in recent memory that we are or should limit ourselves. Your post is confusing.

Earlier in the thread people were insinuating that they prefer to recruit mainly local kids as opposed to recruiting nationally (referenced Westerman and Kozan). Lol, I didn't read past the first few pages woooops.

Earlier in the thread people were insinuating that they prefer to recruit mainly local kids as opposed to recruiting nationally (referenced Westerman and Kozan). Lol, I didn't read past the first few pages woooops.

No worries. It's an interesting discussion though. Bama has gone national and that has helped us even if moderately get a better foothold in our region. With Gus being a national brand I do expect us to sign more national kids but not be bat crazy with it like Bama was in their 2014 class.

No worries. It's an interesting discussion though. Bama has gone national and that has helped us even if moderately get a better foothold in our region. With Gus being a national brand I do expect us to sign more national kids but not be bat crazy with it like Bama was in their 2014 class.

It is our exciting "score often" brand (that Gus did bring in) that has kids everywhere liking AU. I liken AU to the Southern version of Oregon, only we get better recruits and we can actually win Natty's because our conference is superior. Oregon does have the money machine, Nike buying them the best of everything and we do not have that. When you consider all the attention that has gone towards Oregon, it is nice so much is coming our way now and it is mostly positive attention too.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not opposed to taking a national type kid or two at times. But if we continue the same strategy as we have this past year, staying with kids inside our "Tank of gas" if you will, we can sign Top 10 classes every year and maybe better. I know it's homerish but kids seem to play harder when playing for the local school if you will because of friends and family being there.

Alex Kozan from Colorado says hey.

He finally committed ? cool

Lulz

Is Kirk staying for the festivities today?

I am not opposed to taking a national type kid or two at times. But if we continue the same strategy as we have this past year, staying with kids inside our "Tank of gas" if you will, we can sign Top 10 classes every year and maybe better. I know it's homerish but kids seem to play harder when playing for the local school if you will because of friends and family being there.

Alex Kozan from Colorado says hey.

He finally committed ? cool

Lulz

Is Kirk staying for the festivities today?

I think he could only be here for Friday. I watched some of his HUDL highlights yesterday. It is a very long video. He has lots of highlights. He is very dynamic. I think he would be great in our offense. He is an elite playmaker, I believe.

He was on a southeastern tour this entire week. He already visited aTm, UGA, UT, us, and I think is supposed to be at UA today.

Just left, said he loved AU and got first class treatment. Will give AU an OV. AU and aTm stand out.

Good to hear. Thanks

He could be deadly in a role similar to that of Ricardo Louis. Speed kills, and he has it in droves. State Champion track guy.

He could be deadly in a role similar to that of Ricardo Louis. Speed kills, and he has it in droves. State Champion track guy.

Yea, I want Kirk in O&B after seeing his film. He reminds me of the Florida speed demons they used to get.

Just released a top 10 with AU #2

We are not #2, his list was in no order.

Stanford

AU

Tenn

Ohio St

Oklahoma

Georgia

Texas AM

Arizona State

USC

UCLA

Interesting that he didn't list Bama, when he just spent 2 days there.

Just released a top 10 with AU #2

We are not #2, his list was in no order.

Stanford

AU

Tenn

Ohio St

Oklahoma

Georgia

Texas AM

Arizona State

USC

UCLA

Interesting that he didn't list Bama, when he just spent 2 days there.

This kid id the real deal. It would be an awesome pickup for us.

I think we COULD be #2 (don't know), but his #1 has been thought to be an aTm lean for some time.

Hope we can turn our #2 to a #1 with Kirk. He would be our Percy Harvin.

Archived