aupops2, Friend and Great Auburn Man...

Dixie1860

...has gone on to better things. We will miss you buddy!!

Thomas “Tom” Donald Shuford completed his earthly journey and went to be with the Lord Jan. 29, 2014, following a courageous battle with cancer that took its toll on his health.

He was born and raised in Brevard. His parents, Frances and Clyde Shuford, preceded him in death as did his brother, Ron, of New Tazewell, Tenn.

He is survived by his wife of 11 years, Judy Carter Shuford, of Portland, Tenn .; brother, Bill (Lisa), of Etowah; sons, Brad (Laura) Shuford, of Knoxville, Tenn ., Nicholas (Karen) Shuford, of Chattanooga, Tenn ., and Patrick Shuford, of Franklin, Tenn .; five grandchildren and 16 step-children/grandchildren.

He graduated from Brevard High School in 1961. He was the starting guard on Brevard’s North Carolina State Champion-ship Football Team. He was very active in the Monogram Club, 4-H Club, Key Club, high school annual staff, and a most avid Blue Devil.

He attended Auburn University, graduating in 1965 with a degree in chemical engineering. He was a member of the Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity and was very involved in all aspects of college life. He was so excited with Auburn’s amazing football season this year and their climb to reach the BCS Championship Game.

He began his professional career in the computer software business and later in the brick, ceramic tile and marble industry, serving on numerous industry affiliated state and national committees and as president of the Ceramic Tile Distributors Association. He moved his family to Franklin, Tenn. in 1992.

One of his lasting joys was the birth of his fifth grandchild, Sam Shuford, in November 2013. His beaming smile would light up the entire room as he held baby Sam Shuford.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Thomas Donald Shuford’s memory to The American Cancer Society.

A private celebration of life will be held soon to scatter his remains in the mountains of his beloved home in Brevard.

Tom and I met through AE a few years ago and since then have become very close. I will miss my friend and anxiously wait for the day to see him again. My prayers go out to Judy and the rest of his family.

I had been wondering where he'd been the last few weeks. Thought if something had happened we may have never known. I'm glad some of you knew him more so we do.

Enjoyed his contributions. Shared a few PM''s with him and am saddened by his absence here. I wish I'd known he was sick.

Wasn't it him that shared about his daughter passing a good while ago, possibly per merger days?

Didn't know him personally, but through my interaction with him here, I know that pops was one of the good guys. Heaven may already be a perfect place, but one more Tiger can't be a bad thing. War Eagle pops.

This is so sad. I enjoyed Pops so much on this site. He did not get to live long enough. I certainly bet he used his years on Earth to the max. We will miss you.

Pops now has got access to all the inside information. God bless his family. I always appreciated his comments and insights. Miss seeing his comments already.

War Eagle

Always got excited when we would post his tidbits of info. Sad loss for his family and his Auburn Family. May God bless his family in this time of mourning. Rest in peace and keep cheering our Tigers on from Heaven!

Archived