Auburn at Texas A&M Game Thread

aufan57

War eagle boys! Nice way to finish regular season.

Good win...nice finish pulling ahead in the last few minutes. Hopefully sets them up to win a game in the tourney next week.

I was pretty sure they were mailing it in with about 10 min to go. Good to see they didn't. Neither team played well but AU played a little bit better down the stretch.

I was watching but have been sick for 3 days. I wasnt up to doing a full game thread like i usually do. Great game by our tigers to keep fighting. War Damn Eagle.

I'm catching up with it on ESPN3 now...

Deen looking like he will easily pick up some of Denson's output for next year. He's really come around

Agreed he has vastly improved. It will be interesting to see the dynamic of the team next year. I guess a lot of that depends largely on if we fire Barbee and if there will be more transfers.

I'm seeing more effort in this game than I have all season. The guys are really flying around trying to make things happen. Great to see some of the 6th, 7th men stepping up.

These A&M kids trying to show off their palming skills on every possession.... ridiculous.

Auburn needs a coach that can teach front court players.

I was just about to post this. I'd have to start another thread to elaborate on that one

Deen looking like he will easily pick up some of Denson's output for next year. He's really come around

So, you think Deen will be the one Barbee recruit in five that hangs around for his second season? I hope so, but the smart money says he won't be here next year. Maybe if a new coach can be hired before this academic term gets over he can keep some of these guys around.

So, you think Deen will be the one Barbee recruit in five that hangs around for his second season? I hope so, but the smart money says he won't be here next year. Maybe if a new coach can be hired before this academic term gets over he can keep some of these guys around.

Yes, I think Deen will stay regardless. A couple of the others... not so sure about. So much of that depends not so much on Barbee leaving, but who replaces him.

halfway through the 2nd half...

Really happy with the ball movement, best I've seen from AU in a long while.

I'm seeing quite a few intelligent* mid-range attempts, and drains. That's a good thing.

Only complaint so far, the front court play has been pretty poor at times. Some bright spots here and there, but bad footwork, slow decision making, poor positioning, horrendous shot attempts...

Yes, I think Deen will stay regardless. A couple of the others... not so sure about. So much of that depends not so much on Barbee leaving, but who replaces him.

Why would C-D leave? It's been the malcontents that have left voluntarily, not guys getting serious playing time....although a few pf those "attrition" cases can blame nobody but themselves for their attrition problems...gotta stay off the weed.

Archived