Wonder why there is no job creation? These type people vote!

AUisAll

The Democrat mind on business: " Any business plan that is abandoned because of "Obamacare, taxes and regulations and the uncertainty surrounding all three" never had a chance to begin with."---homersapien

You started a thread just to insult another poster?

You started a thread just to insult another poster?

When making a point in a political forum and using someone else's own words, is it considered an insult?

It's only an insult if you are on the other end of the opinion....but I don't think it needed a thread.

It's only an insult if you are on the other end of the opinion....but I don't think it needed a thread.

Well, he/she's not insulting me personally, but there's no question that this thread exists to ridicule Homer.

The OP is going to need some help if his intention is to insult me. He is arguing a ridiculous political aphorism. (Bet he has to look that up.)

Imagine an entrepreneur making a pitch to a banker for a start-up loan. He goes through his proposed business plan and then the banker asks him, is there anything you can think of that might cause this business to fail?

The entrepreneur thinks a minute then says, "the only possible things I can think of is Obamacare, taxes, regulations and the uncertainty of all three".

The banker would laugh him out of the room. And rightfully so.

So it's your position that the potential cost and uncertainties of OBAMACARE, high taxes and over burdensome regulations shouldn't be considered.

So it's your position that the potential cost and uncertainties of OBAMACARE, high taxes and over burdensome regulations shouldn't be considered.

Have to love it when they double down!

Try again. You missed by a good margin. But why are you seeking clarification? What about my statement seems unclear?

It was - and is - a direct response to a direct statement to the contrary.

That doesn't make sense at all. Can you explain?

Try again. You missed by a good margin. But why are you seeking clarification? What about my statement seems unclear?

The only miss is you trying to say what you said is not what you said.

The only miss is you trying to say what you said is not what you said.

Are you talking about the original thread or this one? Did AUall misquote me?

I wouldn't be surprised but I don't know, so enlighten us.

Just 'respecting' your willingness to stand behind your statement and allowing people a 'peak' into the liberal/democrat mind and their cluelessness toward business and job creation.

Just 'respecting' your willingness to stand behind your statement and allowing people a 'peak' into the liberal/democrat mind and their cluelessness toward business and job creation.

I stand by my statement because it is true. New business ventures don't fail because of the reasons you state. They fail due to poor management or a flawed market analysis.

If you want to contest that, then make an argument otherwise instead of just repeating the same false talking points.

If anything, Obamacare will be a boon to small business development by allowing them to get out of the health insurance business without hurting their employees:

http://www.npr.org/2...sored-insurance

I stand by my statement because it is true. New business ventures don't fail because of the reasons you state. They fail due to poor management or a flawed market analysis.

If you want to contest that, then make an argument otherwise instead of just repeating the same false talking points.

If anything, Obamacare will be a boon to small business development by allowing them to get out of the health insurance business without hurting their employees:

Let's put it this way. I know from personal experience and no banks were involved. A slam dunk joint venture between my company and another company was 'put off' two years ago because of the very reasons you say make no difference. It would have initially employed 3 or 4 people and likely would have grown to 10-12. It would have been a huge volume, low margin venture. And it was a no-brainer.

Let's put it this way. I know from personal experience and no banks were involved. A slam dunk joint venture between my company and another company was 'put off' two years ago because of the very reasons you say make no difference. It would have initially employed 3 or 4 people and likely would have grown to 10-12. It would have been a huge volume, low margin venture. And it was a no-brainer.

Wait a minute that's not fair! You simply cannot use real life experiences to argue with a progressive. That doesn't count. It has to be some ivory tower theoretical argument some Ivy League academic wrote who also doesn't have a frickin clue! :hellyeah:

I asked my bank for a loan so that I could expand my business. My banker told me, "We aint given no business loans till that Obama aint President no more. What are you, one of them libtards?"

Sorry, but I don't believe you. It must not have been much of a "no-brainer" if the principals were willing to cancel it because of "Obamacare and uncertainty about taxes".

I don't see how Obamacare would figure in at all.

And taxes aren't even a factor until you start making a profit, much less "uncertainty" about taxes.

In my 25 years of experience with small and large business ventures, no new business venture has ever hinged on such weak, nebulous concerns. If such reasons were given they were simply excuses for not proceeding, not real barriers.

Of course you don't believe him....it doesn't fit your narrative. :dunno::big:

I asked my bank for a loan so that I could expand my business. My banker told me, "We aint given no business loans till that Obama aint President no more. What are you, one of them libtards?"

Actually, the reluctance of banks to lend may actually be a reason new business development has been lax. Pretty disgusting when you consider many of these banks were kept afloat by government loans. If one simply must find a way to blame Obama, I would focus on the lack of conditions placed on those loans by the government.

Well, it certainly doesn't ring with truth. Do you think so?

Do you really think a new business venture would be cancelled because of Obamacare or "uncertainty" about future tax policy?

Actually, the reluctance of banks to lend may actually be a reason new business development has been lax. Pretty disgusting when you consider many of these banks were kept afloat by government loans. If one simply must find a way to blame Obama, I would focus on the lack of conditions placed on those loans by the government.

Of course it is...it fits your narrative. :Sing:

Well, it certainly doesn't ring with truth. Do you think so?

Do you really think a new business venture would be cancelled because of Obamacare or "uncertainty" about future tax policy?

If the forecasters think so then yes, it's possible. There's a lot at stake for these companies in regards to the trojan horse called ObamaScare.

I'm not the person to ask in reality but it would take a hit in the head with an answer from someone you agree before you'd believe it. :)

Archived