Projected NFL Paydays for AU Players

RunInRed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good pay day for some pretty good players :D war eagle to that

So awesome to see Prosch get drafted! Love seeing the guy who does all the dirty work get rewarded!

Divided by how many years?

I believe all rookie contracts are 5 years. I could be wrong, but I think that is the standard length.

Are signing bonuses included in these totals?

I think signing bonuses are in this. GR is around $14M I think. As said earlier contract is usually 5 yr with the 5th year as an option for the team. If you noticed Cam's 5th yr was picked up by the Panthers already while NO did not pick up Mark Ingram's.

How does the site come up with the "projections" of contracts? Do they average the contracts of previous players signed in that order, or do they figure it based on some other factors.

And yes, the total contract amount includes the signing bonus. Says that right there on the page.

How does the site come up with the "projections" of contracts? Do they average the contracts of previous players signed in that order, or do they figure it based on some other factors.

And yes, the total contract amount includes the signing bonus. Says that right there on the page.

Thanks. I didnt click the link after seeing the AU guys' numbers listed in the OP. In regards to the amounts shown, in the NFL draft there is a fixed amount for each player based on where they are drafted.

I believe all rookie contracts are 5 years. I could be wrong, but I think that is the standard length.

so Prosch will only earn about 300k/year? How can you live on that?

As best as I remember a couple of years ago the NFL set up the rookie salary cap that pretty much as I recall slots the amounts of recently drafted players.

I'd say the Robinson family's financial struggles are over. I hope they all get good advice and spend it wisely.

He's already bought a $123,000 watch...

greg-jewelry-football-draft-photos-01-480w.jpg

Contracts are for 4 years with the 1st rounders having 5th year options that can be picked-up by their teams.

The big difference is the signing bonuses the 1st rounders get...GRob got paid big time.

I'd say the Robinson family's financial struggles are over. I hope they all get good advice and spend it wisely.

that is a little disturbing.

You can easily live on 300,000 a year?

Don't get a wife or kid.

You can easily live on 300,000 a year?

I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious :dunno:

Don't get a wife or kid.

It's having 3 or 4 baby mamas that'll sap that kind of income pretty quick.

that is a little disturbing.

He's about to make $21M over the next 5 years. In terms of percentage of income, it would be like you knowing you were going to make $80,000 a year for the next 5 years and deciding to buy a $2300 home theater system...TV, speakers, the works. Except that after spending that $2300 you've only got about $397,700 to live on over the next 5 yrs while he'll still have over $20 million.

Archived