2015 4* DE Arden Key (LSU signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to feel pretty dang good about landing Key. Things seemed to cool down after his decommitment from USCe a few weeks ago, but with the final visit I really like our chances. It's rare you see players not rave about their OV's to Auburn.

Lets hope the visit blows him away. It is late in the cycle, but picking up very good prospects late is something that AU has a pretty good history of doing. Examples, Young, Kozan, Diamond.

Derek Tyson ‏@DerekTysonESPN 21m21 minutes ago

#ESPN300 DE Arden Key tells me he has a final three of #SouthCarolina, #Auburn and #LSU in order.

So Key has never visited Auburn and we're #2 behind a team he already decommitted from? Very nice.

I don't see him being able to like USCe more than Auburn once he gets on campus, but I'm a little biased.

He would be a nice get for us, he has very good pass rushing skills and his motor is pretty decent as well. If the OV goes well, I believe come Monday night on FSS, he will be ALL IN!

So Key has never visited Auburn and we're #2 behind a team he already decommitted from? Very nice.

He has been to Auburn before. The following is a picture from a visit he took this past summer:

6_974832.jpg

Lets hope the visit blows him away. It is late in the cycle, but picking up very good prospects late is something that AU has a pretty good history of doing. Examples, Young, Kozan, Diamond.

...Adams...Daniel...Mix...Braden Smith...

WDE!

If we weren't a real contender he wouldn't be visiting. I think our guys to a great job on the visits and I like our chances. If his family wants to come to games they should be helping us.

If we weren't a real contender he wouldn't be visiting. I think our guys to a great job on the visits and I like our chances. If his family wants to come to games they should be helping us.

War eagle to that

For those wondering, this is a short term thread meant to get the news out immediately. It will be merge with the main Key thread before the end of the night.

per Niebuhr, 2 minutes ago

"According to a source, 4-star defensive end Arden Key of Hapeville Charter (Ga.) has cancelled his official visit to Auburn for this weekend.

Key is likely down to LSU and South Carolina."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/Arden-Key-visit-update-35207423

War eagle to that

Well there you go.

I would prepare myself for NSD this likely won't be the last let down.

War eagle to that

Well there you go.

Yep.

Pessimist much?

No, just letting you know that signing 4 5* players in one day is unheard of all together. So to assume we will get ALL of our targets next week is both silly and oblivious to fhe way things work.

Archived