USA vs Belgium - 2nd round - World Cup - Tue July 1, 4:00 PM

IndianTiger

Win or go home game and this should be a good one. We should match up quite well with Belgium.

Team USA has to get better on offense, hold the ball better too..we have only gotten past the 2nd round once in 2002. So if we beat Belgium, we will equal that performance.

Win or go home game and this should be good one. We should match up quite well with Belgium.

Is there hope that Altidore will be ready for this game? I sure hope so.

Win or go home game and this should be good one. We should match up quite well with Belgium.

Is there hope that Altidore will be ready for this game? I sure hope so.

Not sure, it will be great if he is ready, we really need some help up top to go with Dempsey. If Altidore is not ready, Klinsmann should think about Johannson or Wondo, having one striker up top is a really tough job.

Oh by the way...this is hilarious - Real Americans hate Soccer - http://news.yahoo.com/ann-coulter-world-cup-column-182845703.html

Coulter's definition of "real" American is probably very different from most.

Did y'all see that Kompany is hobbled by an injury and it's not certain he'll play Tuesday? That's worrisome for the Belgians.

Oh by the way...this is hilarious - Real Americans hate Soccer - http://news.yahoo.com/ann-coulter-world-cup-column-182845703.html

Coulter's definition of "real" American is probably very different from most.

Did y'all see that Kompany is hobbled by an injury and it's not certain he'll play Tuesday? That's worrisome for the Belgians.

This would be equivalent to missing a Super Bowl. He's going to play.

Jozy may be able to go...

That would be a huge help in attack. I'm glad sitting him didn't keep us from getting out of the group.

... If it's violence she wants, all she has to do is try and take a soccer ball from my 14 y/o daughter on the field ... Might give her a new appreciation.

Got no problem with coulter's obvious troll ... Wasn't really that clever for her ... She could at least give a passing try at getting things like the length of the game correct.

Heck a national political pundit felt the need to take a dig. She wouldn't have given it the time of day previously. Sport must be growing

If altidore can go then they gotta put him in the first half. If he is gonna go down, it can't be after he comes in as a second half sub.

Also if kompany plays then jozy can soften those guys up a touch and then bring on one of the other guys as a change of pace against hopefully tired Belgium defensive legs

... If it's violence she wants, all she has to do is try and take a soccer ball from my 14 y/o daughter on the field ... Might give her a new appreciation.

Got no problem with coulter's obvious troll ... Wasn't really that clever for her ... She could at least give a passing try at getting things like the length of the game correct.

Heck a national political pundit felt the need to take a dig. She wouldn't have given it the time of day previously. Sport must be growing

Agreed, wanted to piggyback on the World Cup for a little attention.She is 20 years too late, used to hear this kind off stuff from sports media all the time. Its a little old now..

Agreed, wanted to piggyback on the World Cup for a little attention.She is 20 years too late, used to hear this kind off stuff from sports media all the time. Its a little old now..

We are the USA and most of us believe in a birthright of excellence. We want to win at everything that we participate in from jump rope to marbles. Why should we not want to be excellent in "The Worlds Sport"? She says she is a Regan Conservative and Regan believed in American Excellence.

I imagine it's starting to get a little racking for the Brazilian fans.

Oh by the way...this is hilarious - Real Americans hate Soccer - http://news.yahoo.co...-182845703.html

Lol, my great grandmother was full blooded Comanche. Wonder how she would address the entire passing of diseased blankets, destroying food supplies, using boot heels and rifle butts to kill women, the elderly and children to save ammo, rape, and of course Grant, Custer, and Sherman discussing the "Final Solution" to the savage problem nearly 100 years before Hitler used that term. Why? Because they were here before Kennedy.

Those really have to be some of the dumbest and most ill informed comments I have ever seen.

Colombia up 1-0 on Uraguay at the half. The goal was an absolutely beautiful trap and volley in off the crossbar.

Colombia - Brazil and this could be a dandy. Rodriguez and Quadrado seem to be peaking at the right time , Brazil better watch out.

Archived