2014 SEC Media Days

RunInRed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching ESPNU and listening to the commentary which just reinforced Gus's decision to leave NM home. Palmer and the wolves were just sick that they did not get a shot at NM and see how they could have dragged him through the mud....but that did not discourage them from talking up the subject. No way that Nick could have handled that and come out looking good.

Meanwhile, CJ did great....handled his interviews just like we hoped a person representing Auburn University would under some stressful conditions.

Just watching ESPNU and listening to the commentary which just reinforced Gus's decision to leave NM home. Palmer and the wolves were just sick that they did not get a shot at NM and see how they could have dragged him through the mud....but that did not discourage them from talking up the subject. No way that Nick could have handled that and come out looking good.

Meanwhile, CJ did great....handled his interviews just like we hoped a person representing Auburn University would under some stressful conditions.

If you were just watching did you hear Palmer refer to Corey Grant as "Curtis" Grant??? What a fool hahaha

If you were just watching did you hear Palmer refer to Corey Grant as "Curtis" Grant??? What a fool hahaha

I heard Gabe Wright refered to as Gabe Marshall

Cross those two and I believe you'd have Mikey's ideal LB.

:hellyeah: that's frickin funny

:hellyeah: that's frickin funny

Agreed.....and just to remind everyone, these guys will probably end up being part of our future SEC network....off to a good start.

With all the names they have to remember, and all the unscripted talking they have to do, I'm not going to be too hard on them for the occasional mix-up. Heck, I mangle names of people in normal conversation. Feel free to hate on Palmer for some of the stupid stuff he says, but this is making a big deal of nothing.

I know most people here were paying attention to Gus but what caught my interest was Mike Slive. He essentially threw down the gauntlet when it comes to autonomy for the big 5. Be very interesting to watch this play out.

I know most people here were paying attention to Gus but what caught my interest was Mike Slive. He essentially threw down the gauntlet when it comes to autonomy for the big 5. Be very interesting to watch this play out.

Agreed -- that was noteworthy and will be interesting to watch.

On the road for work today, caught some ESPN radio. Guest was Danny Kanell reporting from SEC media days. Zero mention of the defending SEC champs. Talked up Saban, Kiffin, The 'Ol Ballcoach, even mentioned Miss State and OM as dark horses. Some LSU, some A&M, . . . nothing about AU.

Guessing he's a big time AU hater as well?

Danny, . . . . U mad, Bro?

On the road for work today, caught some ESPN radio. Guest was Danny Kanell reporting from SEC media days. Zero mention of the defending SEC champs. Talked up Saban, Kiffin, The 'Ol Ballcoach, even mentioned Miss State and OM as dark horses. Some LSU, some A&M, . . . nothing about AU.

Could be but lots of conversation of a positive nature on Sirius College Football this morning including a repeat of Gus's interview and even McElroy was running over with compliments about the AU offense.

Nobody is taking AU lightly.....

For those heaping praise on the "new" Belcher Report, their follow up report re Nick trips over itself repeating he was arrested (for what ended up being a citation) but most nauseating, claims Auburn's decision to keep him out of media days "made a spectacle" out of the incident and "hurt his reputation".

Could be but lots of conversation of a positive nature on Sirius College Football this morning including a repeat of Gus's interview and even McElroy was running over with compliments about the AU offense.

No one but BSPN. :)

For those heaping praise on the "new" Belcher Report, their follow up report re Nick trips over itself repeating he was arrested (for what ended up being a citation) but most nauseating, claims Auburn's decision to keep him out of media days "made a spectacle" out of the incident and "hurt his reputation".

It wouldnt surprise me if the person saying that was one of them that wanted to make it a spectacle. But that's ok because the vast majority of people disagree with that opinion, including those in the media. The ones that thought Nick should come used the reasoning that Nick should "face the media". But even they said that Auburn considered it an honor to represent them so they could understand Gus's decision.

I had the ESPNU coverage on this morning. It seemed to me they were more than fair to Auburn. In fact, I was surprised how much Auburn there was today, given that we 'showed up' yesterday.

Greg McElroy is actually doing well, IYAM. I like him way better than Palmer.

:dunno:

Have seen or remember this being posted... if so a mod can delete:

SEC Media Days: Gus Malzahn Full Interview

He's just mad fsu couldn't beat AU like he hoped. He knows deep down inside AU gift wrapped that game.

Mike Silve, SEC Media days and BPN is joke. Why? because in the end, their going top pick uat to win the west and SEC. Would they ever pick some other SEC team to win the conference after uat won it the year before? hell no.

Mike Silve, SEC Media days and BPN is joke. Why? because in the end, their going top pick uat to win the west and SEC. Would they ever pick some other SEC team to win the conference after uat won it the year before? hell no.

Mike Slive is presiding over the most sustained, dominant and lucrative period of success that any conference has ever experienced in college sports. Please, please, please stop to think before typing.

Mike Slive is presiding over the most sustained, dominant and lucrative period of success that any conference has ever experienced in college sports. Please, please, please stop to think before typing.

Won't happen. But I did notice that in his little world under his rock, uat won the SEC last year. I seem to remember Auburn playing MIssouri for the SEC title and uat wasn't even there.

The beach......the world's largest toilet & cesspool! Give me the mountains, or give me death!

Archived