Who will surprise us?

WFE12

Who on the team do yall think will surprise us? could be a freshman, someone coming off an off year, or someone who had a solid year but will have an exceptional year this year..I'm thinking ricardo...he's heard all the comments about the dropped catches...i think he goes off this year and complements the slammin' sammie and duke combo really well.

Stanton Truit has a chance. Gus LOVES speed and the kid is also elusive.

Good pick. Especially If Corey plays as the "main back" much, I could definitely see Truitt playing the "speed back" role.

On defense I will say that Kris Frost and Trovon Reed will be the most surprising. I am guessing KF will play like an All SEC LB, and Trovon will start and be an excellent CB.

On O I say CJ Uzomah. With the increase in the passing game and Duke and Sammy being freaks and Gus liking to use the TE in stealth mode in key situations, I expect CJ to make several BIG catches for us (3rd down conversions and TDs).

Freshman linebacker Tre Williams. According to all reports, the guy is a true talent.

I had a hunch you might go there. Haha.

I do think Tre will contribute this year and he will be a beast for us during his career.

On defense I will say that Kris Frost and Trovon Reed will be the most surprising. I am guessing KF will play like an All SEC LB, and Trovon will start and be an excellent CB.

On O I say CJ Uzomah. With the increase in the passing game and Duke and Sammy being freaks and Gus liking to use the TE in stealth mode in key situations, I expect CJ to make several BIG catches for us (3rd down conversions and TDs).

yeah man, kris frost might mess around and lead the team in tackles this year

gonna be interesting to see how he gets different players involved. Auburn Fast

I'm going to go with Melvin Ray on offense. No, he's probably not going to consistently put up meaningful numbers throughout the season, but heck, he already surprised- well, me, at least- big time in the BCSCG. And he is a big dude with some versatility.

On defense, I think Owens, Whitaker and McKinzy are going to step up.

I also think a lot of other players- Louis, Denson, Fulse, Frost, Daniel and Moncrief, in particular- are going to produce, but none of those guys should be a "surprise" IMO. Ditto for Grant running between the tackles.

It is hard for a freshman to play and be a contributor….it takes a special player…just think how many on the team now played as freshman, except for Reece, I can't think of very many….I hope our kickers will be BIG in 2014….

I'm going to go with Melvin Ray on offense. No, he's probably not going to consistently put up meaningful numbers throughout the season, but heck, he already surprised- well, me, at least- big time in the BCSCG. And he is a big dude with some versatility.

On defense, I think Owens, Whitaker and McKinzy are going to step up.

I also think a lot of other players- Louis, Denson, Fulse, Frost, Daniel and Moncrief, in particular- are going to produce, but none of those guys should be a "surprise" IMO. Ditto for Grant running between the tackles.

Ray caught several passes in A-day and he's my pick too.

It is hard for a freshman to play and be a contributor….it takes a special player…just think how many on the team now played as freshman, except for Reece, I can't think of very many….I hope our kickers will be BIG in 2014….

Good call on the kickers. That's the only area that makes me truly nervous.

Hard to pick an offensive guy transferring to DB after Ford and Frazier not having a real contribution to the team at those positions

I'm going with Fulse, he'll probably start at FB and be second string at TE, which gives him some more playing time, and I think he'll use it well

Hard to pick an offensive guy transferring to DB after Ford and Frazier not having a real contribution to the team at those positions

I'm going with Fulse, he'll probably start at FB and be second string at TE, which gives him some more playing time, and I think he'll use it well

That's part of what will make it so surprising.

That's part of what will make it so surprising.

:spittake:

Carl Lawson, Elijah Daniel and Monty Adams beg to differ.

Archived