Nick Marshall will not start against Arkansas

cptau

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if JJ lights it up against Arkansas, we still won't have any idea what he's capable of against a good football team.

"against a good football team"? :dunno:/>

Arkansas is a conference game. They've been good enough to beat us more often than not over recent history. No offense intended, but that sounds like something a bammer might say. :rolleyes:/>

Not a single thing in your response suggests in any way that the 2014 Arkansas Razorbacks are a good football team, not would any rational analysis of the current state of their program.

And, all due respect, it is mind-numbingly illogical to suggest that past games between different staffs on both sides should be a predictor of this year's result. I believe "roll my eyes" is the emoticon you selected? Sure, that works.

Apparently you didn't attend the WSU game last year. :rolleyes:/>

(And you still sound like a bammer, only a much more immature one than I first assumed.)

You're battin' 1000, slugger. Keep doing you.

No not me! I was just saying it's great everybody is so anxious and passionate about our football team and it's right around the corner

Even if JJ lights it up against Arkansas, we still won't have any idea what he's capable of against a good football team.

Arkansas is a conference game. They've been good enough to beat us more often than not over recent history. No offense intended, but that sounds like something a bammer might say. :rolleyes:/>

Not a single thing in your response suggests in any way that the 2014 Arkansas Razorbacks are a good football team, not would any rational analysis of the current state of their program.

And, all due respect, it is mind-numbingly illogical to suggest that past games between different staffs on both sides should be a predictor of this year's result. I believe "roll my eyes" is the emoticon you selected? Sure, that works.

(And you still sound like a bammer, only a much more immature one than I first assumed.)

His statement is a little cocky, but far from over the top. They were 0-8 last year in conference and are bringing back the same players and coaches and finished 29th in recruiting. Did I mention their head coach has horrific karma at his new job?

To call someone a bammer for saying they are a bad team is beyond childish for someone of your advanced age.

I'm not saying they may not be quite improved this season, and may give us a really good game. However, if we hang a 20-30 point loss on them, then you are the immature "bammer" like person in this argument. Just sayin.

No not me! I was just saying it's great everybody is so anxious and passionate about our football team and it's right around the corner

I know...I'm just joshin' with ya. :cheers:

Ironically enough, a few points you raised caused a few beer mugs to slam the table. It's all in the spirit of the upcoming season I suppose.

Yeah man it's all in fun. I think as long as it doesn't get disrespectful some nice debating is what makes a football board fun!

His statement is a little cocky, but far from over the top. They were 0-8 last year in conference and are bringing back the same players and coaches and finished 29th in recruiting. Did I mention their head coach has horrific karma at his new job?

To call someone a bammer for saying they are a bad team is beyond childish for someone of your advanced age.

I'm not saying they may not be quite improved this season, and may give us a really good game. However, if we hang a 20-30 point loss on them, then you are the immature "bammer" like person in this argument. Just sayin.

Lol @ childish for someone at your advanced age

My money is on Nick sitting one series. It won't matter if JJ throws a TD or an interception, one series and Nick is in the game.

Alright anyone that thinks Nick Marshall won't play this game is off their rocker. No matter how hot JJ's hand is, this is a conference game and you're gonna be playing your Senior Quarterback with an 8-1 SEC record, against an SEC opponent, no matter how bad the team is.

Ummmmmmmm. Gus has said NM is the starter, even though JJ will start this game. He also said NM will play in this game. Soooooooo, where exactly is this confusion coming from? Lol.

Well, I am so sorry that I am "beyond childish" but I stand by what I said. It DID remind me of bammer-talk. I occasionally visit their forum, do you?

:moon:

Well, I am so sorry that I am "beyond childish" but I stand by what I said. It DID remind me of bammer-talk. I occasionally visit their forum, do you?

:moon:/>

No.

And how many conference games did we win in 2012?

What's your point? Trying to compare apples and oranges? I acknowledged they might be improved this year. However, bielema is no Gus as his first year at the helm shows compared to Gus' . I assume you're aware last year was the inaugural season for both coaches. Have you been drinking again?

No.

Then you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

What's your point? Trying to compare apples and oranges? I acknowledged they might be improved this year. However, bielema is no Gus as his first year at the helm shows compared to Gus' . I assume you're aware last year was the inaugural season for both coaches. Have you been drinking again?

I think my point is clear.

No

Good

True

Yes

Yes

If JJ is getting the job done, why pull him?

Because you have the pre-season 1st team All-SEC quarterback sitting on the bench. One of the few returning starters in the league and one that happened to take you to the National title game last year. JJ can absolutely "get the job done" but that doesn't mean you leave your possible Heisman candidate holding a clipboard. JJ starts the game, but there is no scenario in which Nick doesn't come in and resume his role in my opinion.

The clipboarding is what Wallace does...

You got two QBs who are preseason first team All-SEC caliber, so that doesn't really make the decision that much easier, you just got one that actually played the resume and then you have one that has the potential to play the resume. The only logical reasons I think if JJ is playing at his level, is to A. Get Marshall some time in a game or B. Help his stats and heisman campaign, but the latter isn't something Malzahn worries about mostly

Ummmmmmmm. Gus has said NM is the starter, even though JJ will start this game. He also said NM will play in this game. Soooooooo, where exactly is this confusion coming from? Lol.

I understand what you're saying, but your choice of phrasing is sort of contradictory, you can't be the starter and then have someone else start. Also, Malzahn stated several times he hasn't worked out how long Jeremy will be in, so that's where the clamoring amongst the fanbase comes from.

Some folks will argue that the world isn't round I guess. Barring injury or unforeseen circumstance, NM will be playing against Arky. Period. Doesn't matter if JJ has a "hot hand" or not. I question the common sense of some of my AU brethren at times. Does anyone really think Gus isn't going to play Nick? Really??

I understand what you're saying, but your choice of phrasing is sort of contradictory, you can't be the starter and then have someone else start. Also, Malzahn stated several times he hasn't worked out how long Jeremy will be in, so that's where the clamoring amongst the fanbase comes from.

It's not contradictory. It is very clear. JJ is starting game 1 but NM is still our starting qb. Barring unforseen circumstances NM will resume his starting qb role after game 1. It's really not confusing or contradictory.

*snicker*

ummmmmmmm, ok. Because you have to go to a bammer board to know how they behave. People drag enough of their junk over here to realize they aren't much different on a board than in real life.

Sure homer, calling a team that went 8-0 last year and has big question marks this year is "bammerish". It's all relative anyways. I'd save it for calling a team that beat you last year and had a great record "bad", but that's me.

No.

Then you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

I think my point is clear.

No

Good

True

Yes

Yes

Your point is extremely vague at best. The argument was Arkansas is not a bad team. So, your point is we rebounded in 2013 so they are a good team? Lol.

Not many people acknowledged we were a good team in 2013 until we proved it. Arkansas won't be considered a good team until they prove it. They may surprise us, who knows.

Archived