Length of Nick Marshall's suspension

RunInRed

Length of Nick Marshall's suspension  

216 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Nick Marshall sit out against Arkansas?

• The first drive
    • The first two drives
    • The first quarter
    • The first half
    • The entire game
    • It depends on how the game is going ...

Quarter tops. I say more than likely 1-2 drives. If JJ is just dominating or something then I could see Marshall sitting a little longer.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How stupid are some sports writers? This guy in the national media demands the length of Nick's suspension be made public...because the public has a right to know...because Nick was cited for Marijuana possession ("the NATURE of the reason he's suspended").

http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/sec-coming-attractions-the-marshall-mystery-fournette-arrives-more-082614

Personally, I would like to see JJ light it up with Sammie and Duke, pass for 500 yards, and let Nick take the week off. I think that would freak out our opponents, who's DCs are trying to figure out how to stop our option running game. I could just see Kirby Smart and Jeremy "Asparagus" Pruitt having an "Oh, S--t" moment when they realize we can do more than run the ball.

That said, I think the plan will be for Nick to sit out the first quarter or perhaps the first half, unless things get desperate.

I have heard, third or fourth hand from a player, it may only he for one play. Take it for what it is worth.

The "Jeff Burger" option.

How stupid are some sports writers? This guy in the national media demands the length of Nick's suspension be made public...because the public has a right to know...because Nick was cited for Marijuana possession ("the NATURE of the reason he's suspended").

http://www.foxsports...ves-more-082614

This doesn't sound like a "demand" to me.

Considering the reason Marshall isn't available to start, let's hope the actual length of the QB's punishment gets spelled out publicly.

I don't necessarily agree with his logic, but it's not an unreasonable opinion. I'm not going to let it raise my blood pressure.

No prediction but I would love to see JJ hand off to CAP on the first play then have NM run in for the second one.

Why?

Just to make all the media and opposing fans furious.

No prediction but I would love to see JJ hand off to CAP on the first play then have NM run in for the second one.

Why?

I like it!

Beyond that, I think the first possession. I do not think how well or poorly JJ plays will have any bearing on when Nick comes in.

Why?

I like it!

Beyond that, I think the first possession. I do not think how well or poorly JJ plays will have any bearing on when Nick comes in.

Yep. First drive, then Nick comes in after the TD (JJ to Duke or Sammie).

:big:

This doesn't sound like a "demand" to me.

Considering the reason Marshall isn't available to start, let's hope the actual length of the QB's punishment gets spelled out publicly.

I don't necessarily agree with his logic, but it's not an unreasonable opinion. I'm not going to let it raise my blood pressure.

uh huh.

Why?

Saw this on twitter:

@diana_kunovac

Larry Fedora on why he won't reveal his starting QB: "because it bothers everybody and that just gives me pleasure."

The answer is it depends on how JJ performs. If he throws 4 TDS in four series than I doubt they change.

i think it would also have to depend on how close the game is. If JJ comes out and throws 4 tds in 4 drives, lets say all in the first half, and Auburn is up by 3 touchdowns, I think NM starts the second half, regardless of how well JJ has played. I only say that because the staff is committed to NM as the starting QB, and while it would be great to ride the hot hand, no matter how well JJ plays against Arkansas, NM will start game 2, so to me it doesn't make sense to keep NM off the field.

On the other hand, let's say our defense lays an egg, and it is 28-28 at half, with JJ throwing four consecutive tds. If the coaches felt like it was going to be a close game, then that's where I think the decision becomes difficult.

Has anyone posed the possibility of a planned alternating of QBs for the first few drives (i.e., JJ in drives 1 and 3, Nick in 2 and 4)?

Potentially keeps us from getting in a rhythm, but also keeps them guessing.

Who knows...

Jeremy's performance has no bearings on this I don't think.

depends

If JJ does way too good, it could begin the rumblings of a QB controversy. So, if he really set's the world on fire, I look for Gus to pull him even quicker. in that special case, just enough see what he can do and out he comes. Thus preserving unity, while allowing Jeremy some excellent confidence building.

Has anyone posed the possibility of a planned alternating of QBs for the first few drives (i.e., JJ in drives 1 and 3, Nick in 2 and 4)?

Potentially keeps us from getting in a rhythm, but also keeps them guessing.

Who knows...

With respect, no. Johnson is going to come in for however long the coaches are planning, and that will be it. Marshall will play from that point forward.

Why is this so hard on everyone. Nick is not suspended nor has he been. You have not heard Gus or Rhet say this. Why do you continue to repeat something that is not true. JJ will start and play till Gus says. As Gus has said the time has been determined and both QBs know what to expect. WDE

Why is this so hard on everyone. Nick is not suspended nor has he been. You have not heard Gus or Rhet say this. Why do you continue to repeat something that is not true. JJ will start and play till Gus says. As Gus has said the time has been determined and both QBs know what to expect. WDE

And again, I think you're putting too much time worrying about semantics of this particular issue.

Since the QB's already know, then the "time out" is set. JJ's performance, whether fantastic or dismal, will have nothing to do with how long Nick sits.

Since the QB's already know, then the "time out" is set. JJ's performance, whether fantastic or dismal, will have nothing to do with how long Nick sits.

^^This This This^^. Gus has said there is a plan and they all know. Does anyone really believe Gus is just gonna fly by the seat of his pants and see how JJ is doing before he decides when Nick plays? The decision has been made and regardless of what JJ does, Nick comes in at the designated time. Not sure why folks wanna try and make it any more than that.

^^This This This^^. Gus has said there is a plan and they all know. Does anyone really believe Gus is just gonna fly by the seat of his pants and see how JJ is doing before he decides when Nick plays? The decision has been made and regardless of what JJ does, Nick comes in at the designated time. Not sure why folks wanna try and make it any more than that.

I like that he has told the QBs so they know what the plan is and won't be a surprise for either. They both know they will get their chance. Nobody else needs to know until NM is on the field.

I agree, the publichas the right to know! Tune in Saturday and watch. Sme people's kids?

Archived