Lady Beheaded in Oklahoma

AUtiger98

I don't post much here anymore, but I have to tell you this story. At the busstop the other morning, I was waiting with my son, and the bus arrives and puts out his stopsign. As the kids were getting on the bus, a woman with what looked like a muslim head scarf totally ignored the stopsign and started moving toward the bus. We told her that she cannot do that when the bus is loading, and she gave us the most evil and hateful look. I started moving toward the bus to go protect my kid. Was she muslim? Maybe. Did I profile her? You are dang right I did, and I am not ashamed for doing it. These loons are out there, and I will profile every one of them that I see. Especially if my family is around. Is that right? In some people's eyes maybe not, but if my profiling a person ends up saving my family, then I have done a great job as the protector of my family. See ya.

On a recent flight from Frankfurt, the stewardess asked if I would sit behind two nervous/suspicious gentlemen in turbans. Was she profiling or being concerned for the safety of her passengers? I fear the more we adopt the liberal mindset, the more we miss the obvious.

Can you articulate the "liberal mindset" for those who may not understand what that may be?

Really?

Yes, really.

Well, answer the highlighted question and let's determine your mindset for starters. (either or please. I am not in the mood for a soliloquy) ;D

Here, I'll do it for you.

All Libtards is dum. All Libtards is lazy. All Libtards is insane. All Libtards get well fair.

I learnt that from this here forum.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blogs of War (@BlogsofWar) tweeted at 8:52 PM on Fri, Sep 26, 2014:

If you constantly chatter about Jews or Muslims being THE problem - you are part of the problem.

(

)

I don't post much here anymore, but I have to tell you this story. At the busstop the other morning, I was waiting with my son, and the bus arrives and puts out his stopsign. As the kids were getting on the bus, a woman with what looked like a muslim head scarf totally ignored the stopsign and started moving toward the bus. We told her that she cannot do that when the bus is loading, and she gave us the most evil and hateful look. I started moving toward the bus to go protect my kid. Was she muslim? Maybe. Did I profile her? You are dang right I did, and I am not ashamed for doing it. These loons are out there, and I will profile every one of them that I see. Especially if my family is around. Is that right? In some people's eyes maybe not, but if my profiling a person ends up saving my family, then I have done a great job as the protector of my family. See ya.

On a recent flight from Frankfurt, the stewardess asked if I would sit behind two nervous/suspicious gentlemen in turbans. Was she profiling or being concerned for the safety of her passengers? I fear the more we adopt the liberal mindset, the more we miss the obvious.

Can you articulate the "liberal mindset" for those who may not understand what that may be?

Really?

Yes, really.

Well, answer the highlighted question and let's determine your mindset for starters. (either or please. I am not in the mood for a soliloquy) ;D

All Libtards is dum. All Libtards is lazy. All Libtards is insane. All Libtards get well fair.

I think we can succinctly say we are on idiot alert. Thanks for the mindless contribution Al. :-\

Really?

Yes, really.

Don't forget moderates/centralist have no moral core ethics or standards!

Really?

Yes, really.

Well, I would say both.

So how did you do?

Really?

Yes, really.

I think we can succinctly say we are on idiot alert. Thanks for the mindless contribution Al. :-\

Correction. That would be an "idiot-mimic" alert. ;)

Really?

Yes, really.

Well, I would say both.

So how did you do?

Probably not a good question on my part as it would be hard to answer without having been there. So you pass Homey as a middle of the road guy! :hellyeah:

Honestly for me, I went through too much s*** years ago to worry about and fear something that is out of my control. That is just me though. Guess its one of the true benefits of my depression and coming out of it, I take things quite a bit lighter, I say what the **** easier, and I have a greater spiritual faith and believe there is purpose and guidance to what I am doing now.

Mean I can stereotype it, and profile etc etc, and make believe I have control over it (which in some instances it could make a difference potentially) and let the fear of every potential Muslim being a terrorist control my life. Or I can do what I do now and just roll with the environment, be flexible, and have faith. Not run blind though, keep an awareness of whats around me, but not a fear to where I am like OMG they could be Muslim, they could be ISIS and here to kill me. Now I also don't have children of my own, so I know that makes a huge difference.

But really, I just personally believe if I go out and stereotype every Muslim, and I fear doing things in this country because of what ISIS might possibly do... well then they win. They have successfully turned me into exactly what they claim I am... a Western Infidel that hates all Muslim and wishes war and death upon them. They accomplish exactly what they want to do also, and that is interfere with my Western lifestyle. I understand they are a threat (as I have said I am sure they are already here, and we educated them), but I am not going to let them rule my life. Their statements that Christianity isn't about love, tolerance, and forgiveness and that it is just a false religion... those become true. Living in fear of them on my own soil gives them power and encouragement.

I mean look at tonight and tomorrow. It's homecoming weekend. Truth of the matter is that I probably have a significantly higher chance of being killed by a drunk 18-21 year old American white kid from the suburbs or older AU alumni this weekend than I do by ISIS.

Very wise words, not just about ISIS but about living life in general. Hope your journey through depression and back was not too painful a price to pay for such spiritual growth and emotional perception.

As for winning the battle:

http://www.merriam-w...onary/terrorism

ter·ror·ism:

the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

Fear is their primary weapon, more so than guns, tanks, or knives. If fear causes us to change our way of life, compromise the principles on which this nation was founded, or turn on ourselves, they're winning the battle exactly as they planned and intended.

Also why we must remember, as heated as some of the debates on these boards sometimes get, that we're all Americans first...and liberals, conservatives, Democrats, or Republicans second (or third...fourth...fifth...etc?)!

quietfan.....I wish very much that your last sentence was true. Unfortunately I'm afraid the country is so polarized right now its not. This forum is just microcosm of he country as a whole.

By the way....in your post #17 above, how many of those groups have committed terrorist acts against us, beheaded an American or say their goal is to kill all of us?

quietfan.....I wish very much that your last sentence was true. Unfortunately I'm afraid the country is so polarized right now its not. This forum is just microcosm of he country as a whole.

It seems to me also that we are more polarized than any time I can recall in my life (...although my memories of the 1960's have been clouded with age, and Civil Rights and Vietnam were HUGELY divisive issues then.) So my sentence was not meant as a statement of how things are, but how I wish they were. And how I believe they can be if we Americans would move past the point of focusing on every little criticism we can dredge up to attack the other side in politics, but focus instead on our common beliefs, our common history, and our common enemy(s).

By the way....in your post #17 above, how many of those groups have committed terrorist acts against us, beheaded an American or say their goal is to kill all of us?

(Posting on this separately because I didn't want to detract from Tex4Auburn's insightful philosophy, or the political polarization in this country that legitimately concerns you and I both:)

My point in post #17 was that I find it irrelevant to compare our 300+ million population to some arbitrarily chosen population of much smaller numbers...whether it is Afghanistan's 31 million, Great Britain's 64 million, Israel's 8.2 million, or the under 6 million found in metropolitan Rome+Jerusalem+Bethlehem. If I arbitrarily choose a small enough population sample for comparison, I can probably show that there are more one-legged Tibetans in this country than in a particular region, valley, or village of the Himalayas.

I was not* challenging your statement on Muslim numbers in the U.S. vs. Afghanistan, just the relevance of those numbers. We have a lot of Korean-Americans in the U.S. also, but I don't find that relevant to any threat posed by Kim Jong-un. Our population is ten times greater than Afghanistan's (roughly 300 million vs. 30 million in round numbers.) It would not seem unreasonable to me to expect that we also have more Christians, doctors, lawyers, nurses, or street sweepers of Afghani descent than in their home country.

And as is obvious from my many other posts, I don't look at every Muslim in the U.S. as an enemy out to take off my head or lend support to those who are. I don't see them as a homogeneous, monolithic "group" that has "committed terrorist acts against us, beheaded an American or sa[id] their goal is to kill all of us."

*'was not'...past tense. Now that I've taken time to google it, I've come across the following numbers.

According to a 2011 Pew Research Center report (http://www.pewforum....ion-by-country/ ):

Muslims in Afghanistan, 2010: 29,047,000 Muslims in the U.S., 2010: 2,595,000

Pew predictions for 2030: Muslims in Afghanistan, 2030: 50,527,000 Muslims in the U.S., 2030: 6,216,00

(Pew doesn't give 2014 numbers, but I wouldn't expect the 2014 percentages to vary drastically from the 2010 count and 2030 estimates, unless the number of Muslims in the U.S. somehow spiked dramatically in 2014 only to fall back to near 2010 percentages by 2030.)

So according to the Pew Center, your statement regarding Muslim numbers in the U.S. was only off by a factor of roughly 10 or so. Not knowing the margin of error for whatever source you based your statement on, I cannot say if that is a statistically significant difference or not.

So

According to a 2011 Pew Research Center report (http://www.pewforum....ion-by-country/ ):

Muslims in Afghanistan, 2010: 29,047,000 Muslims in the U.S., 2010: 2,595,000

Pew predictions for 2030: Muslims in Afghanistan, 2030: 50,527,000 Muslims in the U.S., 2030: 6,216,00

(Pew doesn't give 2014 numbers, but I wouldn't expect the 2014 percentages to vary drastically from the 2010 count and 2030 estimates, unless the number of Muslims in the U.S. somehow spiked dramatically in 2014 only to fall back to near 2010 percentages by 2030.)

So according to the Pew Center, your statement regarding Muslim numbers in the U.S. was only off by a factor of roughly 10 or so. Not knowing the margin of error for whatever source you based your statement on, I cannot say if that is a statistically significant difference or not.

But to mirror what I anticipate Bigbens, Homer or ICHY might interject (and thus save them the trouble): When did "facts' become relevant in this debate anyhow? :rolleyes:;)

So we shouldn't be afraid. Maybe some here have forgotten Obama's own words in his book "Audacity of Hope"......"I will stand with he Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

So we shouldn't be afraid. Maybe some here have forgotten Obama's own words in his book "Audacity of Hope"......"I will stand with he Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Context:

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of The Audacity of Hope, in which Barack Obama spoke of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with Japanese-Americans during World War II. The original contains no specific mention of "Muslims":

"In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Read more at http://www.snopes.co...2HQW1jrsvQch.99

And no, I am not afraid of a president who says he will stand by American citizens who suffer from discrimination, abuse, stereotyping, and fear because of their ethnic origin. I'd be more afraid if we had a president who let citizens be profiled, persecuted, or attacked in our country because of where they came from.

It's profiling even to assume that anyone of Pakistani or Arabic descent is a Muslim.

And in one last act of protecting Muslims and weakening our national security, Eric Holder is banning police surveillance of Mosques saying it is profiling.

This on the heels of determining that the guy who beheaded the lady (see OP) had converted to Islam and had been calling for Sharia law.

And in one last act of protecting Muslims and weakening our national security, Eric Holder is banning police surveillance of Mosques saying it is profiling.

This on the heels of determining that the guy who beheaded the lady (see OP) had converted to Islam and had been calling for Sharia law.

Obama and Holder are both Muslim sympathizers. Notice I did not say ISIS sympathizers. Obama was reared as a Muslim, his biological father and his stepfather were both Muslim and Holder spent a good portion of his legal career representing Islamic terrorists detained in Gitmo. That reality doesn't necessarily bother me but all of it is undeniably factual. Im not sure it endangers Americans in and of itself but, it certainly provides no comfort for anyone.

Context:

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of The Audacity of Hope, in which Barack Obama spoke of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with Japanese-Americans during World War II. The original contains no specific mention of "Muslims":

"In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

And no, I am not afraid of a president who says he will stand by American citizens who suffer from discrimination, abuse, stereotyping, and fear because of their ethnic origin. I'd be more afraid if we had a president who let citizens be profiled, persecuted, or attacked in our country because of where they came from.

It's profiling even to assume that anyone of Pakistani or Arabic descent is a Muslim.

Interjecting words or meaning into someone's statements (or posts) is Blue's MO.

Context:

We have a great Mediterranian restaurant in town run by a Palestinian family. After 9-11 they were getting special attention by the cops and their clientele to make sure their place wasn't vandalized.

Funny thing is they are Palestinian Christians.

Why don't we just round them all up and put them into concentration camps to keep an eye on them? Screw their private property and businesses.

After all, if it was good enough for Japanese Americans, it's good enough for Muslims, right?

Really?

Yes, really.

I was looking back and I have a question on the flight. Was it full of blonde haired, blue eyed people over the height of 6ft? That also happened to have been visiting relatives in Germany from Argentina?

Cause I'd be nervous on that flight if I was wearing a turban also.

Context:

We have a great Mediterranian restaurant in town run by a Palestinian family. After 9-11 they were getting special attention by the cops and their clientele to make sure their place wasn't vandalized.

Funny thing is they are Palestinian Christians.

And I bet the food is delicious!! :hellyeah:

Really?

Yes, really.

I was looking back and I have a question on the flight. Was it full of blonde haired, blue eyed people over the height of 6ft? That also happened to have been visiting relatives in Germany from Argentina?

Cause I'd be nervous on that flight if I was wearing a turban also.

You had me going momentarily. I was waiting on female. :cool:

It is. Their falafel is to die for. It order-at-the-counter-and-sit type service. Very fast.

It's called the "Pita House" located on S. Pleasantburg across from the Greenville Tech Campus. Small, but very popular. They also have a groceries section where you can get all sorts of Middle Eastern food, including bulk olives.

It is. Their falafel is to die for. It order-at-the-counter-and-sit type service. Very fast.

It's called the "Pita House" located on S. Pleasantburg across from the Greenville Tech Campus. Small, but very popular. They also have a groceries section where you can get all sorts of Middle Eastern food, including bulk olives.

Dang Homey. I was in Greenville last week and forgot to call. Maybe next time.

Seriously hate I missed the Pita House, but Barley"s Taproom downtown was very good as was Ruth's Chris (obviously.)

I also hung out on Bike Night at some wing joint on Pelham Road. The band was actually pretty good. Their name: The Swinging Richards.

Dang Homey. I was in Greenville last week and forgot to call. Maybe next time.

Seriously hate I missed the Pita House, but Barley"s Taproom downtown was very good as was Ruth's Chris (obviously.)

I also hung out on Bike Night at some wing joint on Pelham Road. The band was actually pretty good. Their name: The Swinging Richards.

There's a ridiculous amount of restaurants in the area now and new ones are opening all the time. Heck, we've got so many in Travelers Rest alone I hardly ever eat in Greenville unless I have a reason to go there. The Pita House is one of our pre-movie favorites. We try to eat there whenever we are in the area. We've also got some good Vietnamese places in town.

Archived