Post Game Thread

JamesG

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy it's not easy being an Auburn fan. Tonight took too many years off my life. I am glad we won and don't feel guilty whatsoever about the two #1s. That one was on the refs and just showed their incompetence. To me, it just made up for the other completely bogus calls earlier in the game. I don't see how we can make it through the rest of our schedule unscathed, but you never know. What a job the offense did, especially Nick. On to Ole Miss. WDE!!!

While the defensive play was lacking the HBC came out guns a blazing with the kitchen sink as ammunition. It looked like some of our aggressiveness hurt us on some plays. And a few tackles missed that turned into big gains.

Pass rush, we need one without blitzing.

Spurrier wanted this game badly. When was the last time he beat Auburn? Our defense needs more work but the Ball Coach really wanted this game and he was locked in and didn't hold anything back (Bobby Bouche) Good win, not great but good and that's okay by me! War Eagle!

Agree. Last few games we've blown them out. Ball Coach was tired of that mess and threw the kitchen sink at us tonight. I'm proud that our guys hung on and in the end executed. Again..i'll say...i'm happy as heck to see the offense from last year. I loved the play calling. I know the coaches probably want to be more balanced and use Sammie and Duke a lot more but if teams can't stop CAP, Nick and Roc with the run option keep it going. We're only hurting ourselves. If better pass plays come from that then fine but i want to see that option.

None of us are thrilled with the results we had on d tonight. But, we did just beat a Spurrier team that was clicking on all cylinders by almost amassing 400 yard rushing! This is the same USCe team that beat the dawgs and Gurley. We took their best punch and threw back enough to win. I don't know what that means about our seeding in the playoff pole. What I do know is our men in Orange and Blue won tonight. In a couple of days they are just w's or L's. I'll take frustrating W's every game. WDE

I hope the D is better next week. Ole Sis will be ticked after losing. Then again, there is that Bo Wallace factor that could always be a difference maker for us ^-^

Yea. He made the most stupid desicion ive ever seen at the end of that LSU game.. just throw it away and take the FG.

Boy it's not easy being an Auburn fan. Tonight took too many years off my life. I am glad we won and don't feel guilty whatsoever about the two #1s. That one was on the refs and just showed their incompetence. To me, it just made up for the other completely bogus calls earlier in the game. I don't see how we can make it through the rest of our schedule unscathed, but you never know. What a job the offense did, especially Nick. On to Ole Miss. WDE!!!

Same here

I'll say this. The defense does have to find a pass rush & could have played better. However, they did hold USCe to 4/11 on third downs. In most games that would be getting the job done. It was 4th down that killed us. Honestly, though, if more teams went for it on third downs you'd see a lot more of what saw tonight. It's hard to consistently stop a team determined to use 4 downs to get 10 yards. I know the statistics show a high rate of success for teams that do. There is even a coach in high school somewhere who neve punts for that same reason.

Don't know if you guys saw it, but on the fourth down play when USC turned it over on downs at the end of the game, the field judge actually reached for his flag to call PI, but never threw it. That would have been a HUGE faux penalty if he had done it.

Two #1s on the field on the last play. Duke and Mo. Illegal. WTF. We are lucky.

If true, then you are right. Maybe it's justice for some of the bogus calls and missed calls by the refs.

Like the hands to face on the last drive when it was actually a USCe olineman that was guilty of it?

Actually both players were guilty - offsetting penalties should have been called.

I said jokingly in the chat room that after Sammie knocked out the ref that we'd be seeing a lot of flags against us.

None of us are thrilled with the results we had on d tonight. But, we did just beat a Spurrier team that was clicking on all cylinders by almost amassing 400 yard rushing! This is the same USCe team that beat the dawgs and Gurley. We took their best punch and threw back enough to win. I don't know what that means about our seeding in the playoff pole. What I do know is our men in Orange and Blue won tonight. In a couple of days they are just w's or L's. I'll take frustrating W's every game. WDE

Me too. Just win!

I'll say this. The defense does have to find a pass rush & could have played better. However, they did hold USCe to 4/11 on third downs. In most games that would be getting the job done. It was 4th down that killed us. Honestly, though, if more teams went for it on third downs you'd see a lot more of what saw tonight. It's hard to consistently stop a team determined to use 4 downs to get 10 yards. I know the statistics show a high rate of success for teams that do. There is even a coach in high school somewhere who neve punts for that same reason.

Thats a good point about the 3rd downs. Still, if we just stop em on one or two of those 4th downs we are all breathing easier in the 4th quarter.

started having chest pains during the game, but they went away. very stressful game. thankful we won.

Chillll, just a game man!

The D had 2.stops after the Bray fumble, but the penalties allowed drive to go on. Had we gotten the ball then and scored again, I believe we go up 2 TD's. The D was good on that drive, but facemask penalty was big for them to keep drive alive.

Thats a good point about the 3rd downs. Still, if we just stop em on one or two of those 4th downs we are all breathing easier in the 4th quarter.

Definitely true. I was just pointing out that in most games that would have is applauding the defensive effort.

Who cares. The hands to the face to get them in range to throw the hail mary was total BS when their LT obviously committed the same infraction, yet we got the 15 yd penalty. They blew calls against USCe all night.

I think the refs called the wrong number on the defense because on the replay of that play it was Montravius Adams that had his hands to the face of the South Carolina center.

How can these officials justify that holding call and why is there no form of punishment for such an error? That holding no-call was simply horrific

How can these officials justify that holding call and why is there no form of punishment for such an error? That holding no-call was simply horrific

It is maddening.

I wonder if Gus was slyly taking a shot at the officiating in the postgame. He was asked about the 8 man crew and said something like he couldnt really tell a difference, that it seemed just like always or something like that Probably nothing but I found it funny he would say it like that. Like, 8 men or 12 they cant get the call right anyway.

It is maddening.

I'm still baffled. I lost my cool on that one and had to apologize to almost everyone around me but I'm so sick of this officiating. I hate to complain about officials but this year is miserable and I've learned I don't understand what constitutes a holding call or pass interference

I agree we will not win out unless we create a pass rush. My poor old memory seems to remember that we at least had a somewhat respectable pass rush in some our earlier games. Am I remembering wrong, if not where was it tonight? Did that part of the defense just completely not show up tonite? I was extremely glad to see work had been done on offensive execution and also that NM seemed to have been allowed to run the read option as run last year...with passes called sparingly and in the right places. With all that said, the most disappointing play call tonite was in our last possession after our last first down. We are running the ball extremely well, running the clock, getting first downs...and we call a swing pass. Wrong play call. Knowing the person(s) making the call should know this, boggles my mind. We lose yardage, stop the clock, don't get first down and give Spurrier another shot. I do hope we learn as much from this game going forward as we learned from losing to Dan Mullen U.

Which one? It really frustrates me that we seem to get held with no calls more than any other games that I watch, and I watch a lot of games.

This

Archived