Post Game Thread

JamesG

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won, not pretty on D but we won. Never been more disgusted by our...................... message board fan base! some posters should be banned for life.

that's a ridiculous post. maybe you should just stay off the message board during the game. I didnt see anything unreasonable being said except by a few who were just trying to stir things up. If you think you are going to get rainbows and butterflies during a defensive performance like that, you are delusional.

Can we get people not to question the effort of the D?

;-)

The only statement about the D effort is if that is what our best effort gets us, then wow, we are in for some beatdowns down the road. It's obvious our guys give effort, it's just a shame that effort gives little to no results as it did tonight. So where does the responsibility lie?

Spurrier called a great game tonight, and his players did a really good job of executing what he called. When any offense is run by someone like that, and it executes, it's difficult to stop. Ask little Nicky about defending our offense. The deck is stacked in favor of the offense. That's just the nature of the game.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the results tonight on D. I'm not saying they played their best game. But the team did find a way to win, and the D players were giving effort.

Given all this, I just don't think it's right to criticize the players on D for not giving effort. That's all.

I'm guessing that the coaches will help the players see what they need to do to get better, and the players will try as hard as they can to do those things. I'm more interested in that sort of accountability than I am in holding anyone responsible.

Agreed^^ if anyone deserves blame it should be coach Ellis. Might get flamed on but it is the truth. It should not take us this long on how to get a pass rush installed on d. Hate to say it but, he did go winless at southern miss for a reason. If anyone needs practice it should be him, because he just got schooled tonite. Game film should be his assignment from tonite up until Wednesday.

We won, not pretty on D but we won. Never been more disgusted by our...................... message board fan base! some posters should be banned for life.

that's a ridiculous post. maybe you should just stay off the message board during the game. I didnt see anything unreasonable being said except by a few who were just trying to stir things up. If you think you are going to get rainbows and butterflies during a defensive performance like that, you are delusional.

;-)

The only statement about the D effort is if that is what our best effort gets us, then wow, we are in for some beatdowns down the road. It's obvious our guys give effort, it's just a shame that effort gives little to no results as it did tonight. So where does the responsibility lie?

Spurrier called a great game tonight, and his players did a really good job of executing what he called. When any offense is run by someone like that, and it executes, it's difficult to stop. Ask little Nicky about defending our offense. The deck is stacked in favor of the offense. That's just the nature of the game.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the results tonight on D. I'm not saying they played their best game. But the team did find a way to win, and the D players were giving effort.

Given all this, I just don't think it's right to criticize the players on D for not giving effort. That's all.

I'm guessing that the coaches will help the players see what they need to do to get better, and the players will try as hard as they can to do those things. I'm more interested in that sort of accountability than I am in holding anyone responsible.

Agreed^^ if anyone deserves blame it should be coach Ellis. Might get flamed on but it is the truth. It should not take us this long on how to get a pass rush installed on d. Hate to say it but, he did go winless at southern miss for a reason. If anyone needs practice it should be him, because he just got schooled tonite. Game film should be his assignment from tonite up until Wednesday.

CEJ should take the blame, I agree.

I doubt we see another offensive mastermind like Steve for the rest of the way so this could be a blessing in disguise. { hopefully cej takes this as a lesson learned) He has more time to make adjustments now instead of waiting for halftime next week

;-)

Install a pass rush???? NEWS FLASH: if you don't have good pass rushers, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU INSTALL. We lost Dee and Carl and the guys behind them haven't stepped up. PERIOD. Monty Adams can't do it by himself on the interior.

Maybe we should just start playing all 4 downs like Spurrier did. I'm not completely against that. Seemed to work most of the time.

I doubt we see another offensive mastermind like Steve for the rest of the way so this could be a blessing in disguise. { hopefully cej takes this as a lesson learned) He has more time to make adjustments now instead of waiting for halftime next week

So we all agree Spurrier is a mastermind. And, he coached with our D coordinator for 4 years (I think). CEJ did all he could. He was up against a "mastermind" that knew everything he was going to do. We don't have a DE quality enough to get to the QB. We had one, but he got hurt. I don't think CEJ had anything to do with that. We won, we didn't play as well as we all hoped. We need to show marked improvement next game against a mad Ole Miss team.

Maybe we should just start playing all 4 downs like Spurrier did. I'm not completely against that. Seemed to work most of the time.

I am more in favor of it than most. It made a ton of sense for Spurrier tonight. They really had nothing to lose. The 'problem' is that we are better than most of the teams we play (like tonight), so it would have seemed riskier for us to do it. If we get down by more than two possessions and our D seems like it can't come through, though, I'd vote yes.

Kiffin.

:lmao: Not serious...

Guest jojo1515

Ole ball coach had a good plan......attempt plays on offense. Awful awful awful defensive prep with 2 weeks Im sure glad our O looked great with 2 weeks of prep, otherwise we would have been slaughtered. OBC is a great offensive coach through the years, but their O is simply average. For us to look that poorly against an average O cannot be acceptable.. We already have subpar D recruiting this year and performances like this only hurt in that dept. EJ had better get his butt in gear. Gus wants championships and I have a feeling this type of performance wont be allowed again without a change at DC. Im not saying EJ needs to go, he just needs to wake up or he will likely be gone regardless of what anybody wants. It was very obvious that Gus was extremely POd at the D performance. At this point I can only defend the dbs coaches on D as the D Line is terrible and LBs are average armt best. Coach Rod gets equal blame as EJ IMO, ahere is plenty of blame to go around. Lets hope this was just a bad week or a wake up call

I am more in favor of it than most. It made a ton of sense for Spurrier tonight. They really had nothing to lose. The 'problem' is that we are better than most of the teams we play (like tonight), so it would have seemed riskier for us to do it. If we get down by more than two possessions and our D seems like it can't come through, though, I'd vote yes.

The reason they went for it had less to do with our defense and had much more to do with our Offense. We can rely on our D. They could not.

Kiffin.

:lmao: Not serious...

at-first-i-was-like-but-then-i-lold.jpg

Guest jojo1515

are you saying the d is not giving enough effort to be given any chance at all? Thats funny right there after your rants earlier giving people grief about not saying the players gave effort (even though I couldnt find one post claiming the D players were lacking in effort) ;)

Ole ball coach had a good plan......attempt plays on offense. Awful awful awful defensive prep with 2 weeks Im sure glad our O looked great with 2 weeks of prep, otherwise we would have been slaughtered. OBC is a great offensive coach through the years, but their O is simply average. For us to look that poorly against an average O cannot be acceptable.. We already have subpar D recruiting this year and performances like this only hurt in that dept. EJ had better get his butt in gear. Gus wants championships and I have a feeling this type of performance wont be allowed again without a change at DC. Im not saying EJ needs to go, he just needs to wake up or he will likely be gone regardless of what anybody wants. It was very obvious that Gus was extremely POd at the D performance. At this point I can only defend the dbs coaches on D as the D Line is terrible and LBs are average armt best. Coach Rod gets equal blame as EJ IMO, ahere is plenty of blame to go around. Lets hope this was just a bad week or a wake up call

Almost everything you said, I have issues with. Thanks for not saying "EJ needs to go". Im too tired to go into it, hopefully someone else will.

The reason they went for it had less to do with our defense and had much more to do with our Offense. We can rely on our D. They could not.

What you said is consistent with what I said.

are you saying the d is not giving enough effort to be given any chance at all? Thats funny right there after your rants earlier giving people grief about not saying the players gave effort (even though I couldnt find one post claiming the D players were lacking in effort) ;)

Go back to the game thread. I linked 3 posts claiming lack of effort. And no, I'm not saying that.

Guest jojo1515

Almost everything you said, I have issues with. Thanks for not saying "EJ needs to go". Im too tired to go into it, hopefully someone else will.

Ok, lets examine my comments

(1) USC s O is average

31st in ppg, 41st in pass yards per game, 43 rd in rush ypg....pretty average

(2) defensive recruiting

pretty widely known we are sluggish this year on D recruiting....not awful but subpar for a championship caliber team

(3)awful defensive performance

goes without saying

(4)Gus was POd

Watch the game again and pay close attention to the things he says after some terrible plays on D....listen to his post game presser...pretty clear he was very unhappy

The rest of my post was opinion based, so if you disagree with that then it is only your opinion and neither are right or wrong.....so.....I posted some facts (issues you may have with those arent with what I said) and some opinion (issues with that are just personal opinions). So issues with everything I said seems like a personal.problem :)

Gotta give a big shout out to coach Grimes. The O-line showed the most improvement during the off week. They dominated the USCe D-line all night.

Guest jojo1515

are you saying the d is not giving enough effort to be given any chance at all? Thats funny right there after your rants earlier giving people grief about not saying the players gave effort (even though I couldnt find one post claiming the D players were lacking in effort) ;)/>

Go back to the game thread. I linked 3 posts claiming lack of effort. And no, I'm not saying that.

I was just giving you a hard time Britt. All is well lol

It's funny how we talk about CEJ but not Rodney Garner. If we are going to be critical of one then we should be critical of both.

I personally don't have issue with the coaches. We have a talent issue. We have no edge rushers forcing QB sacks or stepping up in the pocket.

We are 7 games in, so it is what it is. Don't see much changing. We will have shoot it out with everyone.

It's funny how we talk about CEJ but not Rodney Garner. If we are going to be critical of one then we should be critical of both.

I personally don't have issue with the coaches. We have a talent issue. We have no edge rushers forcing QB sacks or stepping up in the pocket.

We are 7 games in, so it is what it is. Don't see much changing. We will have shoot it out with everyone.

Agree...nothing much going to change these last few weeks.....just keep on outscoring them...it's worked in the past.

Terrible terrible defense the whole game. Refs were definitely atrocious. That hold on Hosley had me yelling at the refs like it was a drunk college kid again! I'm use to seeing our DL get held all game but that was a new low.

I knew we'd get a tough game from a spurrier team with nothing to lose. And they played like it. Glad we got the win but obviously we have to play better for the year to turn out like we all hoped

Archived