Auburn vs Ole Miss Score Prediction

augolf1716

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The offenses are averaging similar numbers thur far: AU averages 39 ppg and OM averages 36 ppg

The big difference is defense: AU gives up an avg 21 ppg and OM averages giving up 12 ppg

AU is more battle tested IMO --- this game will come down to who "wants" it more and home field advantage will play a big part. Every single week from here on out will be like an elimination game on the road to the final 4 - so keeping momentum and motivation high will be paramount.

The offenses are averaging similar numbers thur far: AU averages 39 ppg and OM averages 36 ppg

The big difference is defense: AU gives up an avg 21 ppg and OM averages giving up 12 ppg

AU is more battle tested IMO --- this game will come down to who "wants" it more and home field advantage will play a big part. Every single week from here on out will be like an elimination game on the road to the final 4 - so keeping momentum and motivation high will be paramount.

I think AU has (by far) the best offensive scheme that OM has faced this year by far....more diverse with a true dual threat QB and RBs and WRs all over the place. I'm not saying 30+ points but AU should be able to score enough to win. The OM offense sure isn't anything special...at least not up to now.

I have NO idea! I don't have a gut feeling about it yet. Usually by now, I am either very worried or I am not the least bit scared. I am somewhere in between right now. Do I believe we can win? Absolutely! Do I believe we can lose? A little bit. So, I guess that makes it optimism and my optimistic guess is going to be...........ummm......huh.......sigh.......AU 34/OM 28. Maybe. :dunno:

We don't have a pass rush right now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have 6 sacks for the entire season. This is not the kind of team you want to face with no pass rush on their home field coming off a loss.

MISS- 31

AUB - 24

Please let us find a way to get pressure.

Pass rush will not be as important as it was against uSC or Texas A&M.

Ole Miss will use a lot of play action and quick routes unless we have a big lead.

I do believe this game has a certain KSU-esk feel to it. Not necessarily poor play but rather just what passes for a slug fest, these days.

AU - 24

OM - 17

In my uneducated opinon Auburn wins.

Especially if it is a normal game. By that I mean we don’t have turnovers on our first two plays from scrimmage, thus spotting the home team a 21 point lead in the first qtr. Or that OM doesn’t make 5 of 6 4th down conversions like SC did.

I believe our strength-offense- is greater than their strength-defense. The OM defense hasn’t seen a read option. We weren’t running it last year when we played them.

And the OM is offense is merely adequate. It feeds off the defense rather produces on its own.

I liked the play calling from the other night. There seemed to be more read option by Marshall, which is his bread and butter, instead of a predetermined handoff or keeper. I also like we laid off the deep passes. While those are nice to hit on occasion they put your offense behind the yardage marker when they are incomplete. So if you throw 6 a game and hit only two the 4 missed passes have a negative rather than a neutral effect on your offense.

We win 31 to 16

What makes anyone think that we can score in the 40's? 23 - 21 AU

What makes you think we CAN'T?

If we played Ole Miss 10 times the average points scored would most likely be in the 20's. BUT to say we definitely could not score 40 is actually little more far fetched than saying we can. :poke:

We only scored 45 on the worst defense that i have seen this season. This may be the best one we play all year. No turnovers and i think we win.

Please no turnovers (unless Bo wants to be generous)

I believe the way FSU played and barely escaped Louisville, this could drop them from #2 to #3 should we win against Ole Miss. Maybe not since they are still undefeated.. we shall see. Not that it really matters.....all we need to do is focus on each game as it comes and win out. Nonetheless, I would still like to pass FSU.

Auburn 35

Ole Miss 24

I believe the way FSU played and barely escaped Louisville, this could drop them from #2 to #3 should we win against Ole Miss. Maybe not since they are still undefeated.. we shall see. Not that it really matters.....all we need to do is focus on each game as it comes and win out. Nonetheless, I would still like to pass FSU.

Auburn 35

Ole Miss 24

Glad to see I'm not the only one that believes this. FSU has proven week after week they are not the number 2 team in the country. Their schedule is laughable, and I see no reason why they don't start getting jumped by better teams. That being said, even if they win out by beating Miami, BC, and Southwestern Rhode Island State A&M in nail-biting FSU fashion, I still wouldn't bet a dollar on them even finishing in the top 4.

Point is, if they want to be treated like one of the big boys, they're going to have to have a big boy schedule. Going undefeated in a conference like the ACC means very little, and it wouldn't surprise me if the committee felt the same way. No one thinks Marshall even deserves to be in the top 10, despite the fact that they blow everyone out in CUSA. How is CUSA any different than the ACC?

But like you said, none of this matters if we don't play like we're capable of playing in Oxford. And then in Athens and Tuscaloosa.

So, after adding all of it together, here is the results of this thread so far;

Total Score:

AU 1,594 OM 1,121

Avg. Score:

AU 30.1 OM 21.2

Users who predicted a loss:

4 out of 53

JamesG, Barnacle, hewlejd, Deckhead

And despite the joke Golf's 3-2 is counted in to the averages as well

War Eagle guys I hope collectively we know what we're talking about

So, after adding all of it together, here is the results of this thread so far;

Total Score: