New York Grand Jury Does Not Indict Officer in Choking Death

icanthearyou

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their parents obviously have too much money if they think this is a good use of tuition.

Damn liberals and communists is always stirrin up the young people and minorities. Been that way since the fiftys.

Their parents obviously have too much money if they think this is a good use of tuition.

are they taught to think for themselves or for media embellishment?

Yeah, how dare these kids develop their critical thinking skills and take interest in the world? Don't they know they are supposed to become drones?

I was just viewing a Megan Kelly segment where she interviews an African American Sheriff. The Sheriff emphatically implores black youth to comply with officers first and handle the grievance piece later. Having viewed MSNBC and CNN much of the day I wonder why these networks don't offer this narrative to our youth? The Sheriff adds that more than 70% of black youth have no father figure and thus many, many have no respect for authority. Seems only logical the liberal media should offer this advice too. Whose side are they really on? What say you?

That raises a different issue, and I'm glad you mentioned it. The Sheriff's point is both logical and correct, but it does also raise an important question if you really want to get to the bottom of it: where will that grievance be addressed later? The answer to that is obvious, it will be addressed in court. Now we start getting into the problem of what the criminal justice is like for those that are poor (whether black, hispanic, or even white). If you lack the ability to post bail or obtain a bail bondsman, you are stuck in jail pending court proceedings. What do you think the odds are of having a fair chance in court if you lack the attorney that you cannot afford, or have the unmotivated public defender?

If you are poor in America, the odds in the criminal justice system are overwhelmingly stacked against you. The police are merely the first point of contact with it, and the only point of it that you individually have any hope at all of reasoning with. There is legitimate resentment of the police for the way they conduct themselves, but it also goes deeper into the heart of our criminal justice system. In other words, they have long been conditioned with the perception that their grievances will not be addressed later, and that they will be stuck in the cycle of the criminal justice system. Whether or not that perception is valid is debatable, but I would say that it is for them. It is unfortunate, and I wish I had the answers for it. What truly saddens me is that the discussion rarely reaches that far into it.

you may be correct that the grievance goes nowhere in certain situations. Fighting the LEO will never help you, it will always make it worse.

I didn't see where Gardner was "fighting" anyone. These cops clearly over-reacted and it caused an unwarranted death. Believe it or not, cops are human and they CAN screw up and occasionally do.

and i havesaid they do, posted examples. The fact remains, you resist arrest or fight them bad things happen. Like you said they are human. Those cops had a job to doand did it. They used the force they saw fit to apprehend a 350# man that clearly refused to cooperate. It turned out to be too much force and nobody is happy about that. This cop im sure is especially remorseful. He does not deserve prison or lose his career. He would have gladly taken the man peacefully. Maybe let sit in the front seat and play with the siren or gave him a doughnut.

If that was the amount of force they "saw fit", they have no business being cops.

Yep, really changing the world holding a sign that says "I can't stand around" while, well, just standing around. Want to change the world, go to Afrika and hold a kid from an AIDs orphanage; go to NY and work in a black community to try to stop young black men from murdering other young black men....go to India and work with kids that never mature because they've never been held by a mother or father and don't know what human contact and love is; put on a uniform and go server your country....but, I guess if you can't be troubled with any of that..then lay down in the Quad.

Yep, really changing the world holding a sign that says "I can't stand around" while, well, just standing around. Want to change the world, go to Afrika and hold a kid from an AIDs orphanage; go to NY and work in a black community to try to stop young black men from murdering other young black men....go to India and work with kids that never mature because they've never been held by a mother or father and don't know what human contact and love is; put on a uniform and go server your country....but, I guess if you can't be troubled with any of that..then lay down in the Quad.

Good grief, let them graduate and I'm sure they'll move on to greater things.

Those are all fine ideas and, as USN said, given time they will move on to other things. But, what would you suggest concerning the current issue? Should they just forget about it?

Good grief, let them graduate and I'm sure they'll move on to greater things.

Yeah, I'm sure there all gonna go right from the Quad to work in the Peace Corp or do a stint in the Marines....I mean none of this is an excuse to cut class, get in some girls pants showing how much they care or an excuse to assuage their bourgeois guilt...I know, they need a good song to rally around...where's Neil Young when you need him.

Those are all fine ideas and, as USN said, given time they will move on to other things. But, what would you suggest concerning the current issue? Should they just forget about it?

I think they should focus on the real issues that will matter materially to them or the nation in the future. In order:
  • The fiscal future of their nation...will they live in a country that is fiscally sound and have a jobs base to provide for them and their posterity?
  • The breakdown of the family and the destruction it leaves in its wake...1/3 of babies aborted; 55% of births out of wedlock, poverty on the increase after $21T spent recklessly
  • If you want to focus specifically on the black community, the disintegration of black leadership (which is leading to the majority of ills in the black community)... if they are concerned about black lives; start with the lack of black role models and real leadership in the black community...
    • When Al Sharpton represents you at the White House; you're screwed. He's a liar and the worse kind of opportunist. Look at Ferguson...he champions riots that lead to blacks destroying the businesses of other blacks...and then leaves town to raise more funds and have a beer with the Prez.
    • There were 123 black men killed by police in total last year; there were nearly 6,000 blacks killed by other blacks....55% of all murder victims in the country...2.5x that wounded...95% who were killed by other black men. 13% of the population; 55% of murder victims; killed by their own community. What problem do you think they should be focused on Ichyy?
    • 72% of births out of wedlock...no fathers...no role models; high poverty;
    • 50% of all pregnancies end in abortion
    • Blacks are much safer in police custody than in their own neighborhoods....or in the womb...the biggest problems for the black community; is the black community...

[*]A failing Education system more focused on endoctrination than equipping our youth to be productive members of society...more federal control, poorer results vs the rest of the world, kids unable to take the jobs needed by American society

These 4 ought to be good meaty topics for a hard charging idealistic youth the sink their teeth into...

Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me. Where was the concern about a white student at South Alabama was killed by a black police officer? Is that case not included in the stuff going on in America, if not then why not? Oh, that doesn't fit the racial agenda we're pushing in this country so it doesn't get as much coverage. If they're going to be concerned at least be consistent.

They're only concerned because it's politically correct. Let's join the crowd. Everybody's doing it. Why the selective concern? Another university in your own state has something just as concerning. The case at South Alabama never even went to a trial. At least the other cases got a trial even if you don't like the outcomes.

At least the other cases got a trial even if you don't like the outcomes.

A grand Jury is not a trial...

My mistake. The case at South Alabama didn't even go to a grand Jury.

I think they should focus on the real issues that will matter materially to them or the nation in the future. In order:
  • The fiscal future of their nation...will they live in a country that is fiscally sound and have a jobs base to provide for them and their posterity?
  • The breakdown of the family and the destruction it leaves in its wake...1/3 of babies aborted; 55% of births out of wedlock, poverty on the increase after $21T spent recklessly
  • If you want to focus specifically on the black community, the disintegration of black leadership (which is leading to the majority of ills in the black community)... if they are concerned about black lives; start with the lack of black role models and real leadership in the black community...
    • When Al Sharpton represents you at the White House; you're screwed. He's a liar and the worse kind of opportunist. Look at Ferguson...he champions riots that lead to blacks destroying the businesses of other blacks...and then leaves town to raise more funds and have a beer with the Prez.
    • There were 123 black men killed by police in total last year; there were nearly 6,000 blacks killed by other blacks....55% of all murder victims in the country...2.5x that wounded...95% who were killed by other black men. 13% of the population; 55% of murder victims; killed by their own community. What problem do you think they should be focused on Ichyy?
    • Blacks are much safer in police custody than in their own neighborhoods....or in the womb...the biggest problems for the black community; is the black community...

[*]A failing Education system more focused on endoctrination than equipping our youth to be productive members of society...more federal control, poorer results vs the rest of the world, kids unable to take the jobs needed by American society

These 4 ought to be good meaty topics for a hard charging idealistic youth the sink their teeth into...

So you simply do not like their cause?

If we the people will not hold those who work for us and, represent us accountable, who will?

If we the people will not hold those who work for us and, represent us accountable, who will?

In your opinion itch, what is their cause? Is it perhaps misguided and driven by a media narrative?

In your opinion itch, what is their cause? Is it perhaps misguided and driven by a media narrative?

Well yeah. The media is controlled by the liberals and commies.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Couldn't resist the opportunity to be sarcastic.

No, I believe their cause is just. I think they understand that, we the people, are the authority in this country and, they do not endorse the trend of excessive force being used by some of the policing personnel we employ. It is our system and therefore, our responsibility to correct the system at times.

I do not see a media agenda (not with the basic facts, anyway). This isn't Fox News. These stories aren't contrived. Sure, you can change the channel and get opinion on the influence of race, or politics but, in the end, the basic facts are the same. This isn't about race or politics, in my opinion. This is about a pattern of policing with too heavy a hand. It is a problem at local, state, and federal levels.

No, I believe their cause is just. I think they understand that, we the people, are the authority in this country and, they do not endorse the trend of excessive force being used by some of the policing personnel we employ. It is our system and therefore, our responsibility to correct the system at times.

I do not see a media agenda (not with the basic facts, anyway). This isn't Fox News. These stories aren't contrived. Sure, you can change the channel and get opinion on the influence of race, or politics but, in the end, the basic facts are the same. This isn't about race or politics, in my opinion. This is about a pattern of policing with too heavy a hand. It is a problem at local, state, and federal levels.

You are technically correct about the liberal media, sarcasm notwithstanding. If this were solely about excessive force the actions would be warranted. How you possibly miss the media narrative about race is befuddling. Not contrived? Seriously? On your last point we agree. And that my friend is where our focus and the media focus should lie. And since you brought Fox to the table, they are the only network focused on that very fact.

Of course it is...either that or someone told them they were doing interviews for a new reality show...this generation prizes celebrity over civics.

The only reason these cases have been covered so extensively is because of a racial agenda. If you can't admit that then you're being specious. If the victims were white instead of black I'd bet these cases wouldn't get much coverage except for probably Faux News as some like to call it.

You can make a strong argument in the Eric Garner case about police using too much force but the Michael Brown case was not a case of police using too much force. Yet they both get lumped together because of one reason. They were both black.

Of course it is...either that or someone told them they were doing interviews for a new reality show...this generation prizes celebrity over civics.

Absurd generalization.

The only reason these cases have been covered so extensively is because of a racial agenda. If you can't admit that then you're being specious. If the victims were white instead of black I'd bet these cases wouldn't get much coverage except for probably Faux News as some like to call it.

You can make a strong argument in the Eric Garner case about police using too much force but the Michael Brown case was not a case of police using too much force. Yet they both get lumped together because of one reason. They were both black.

Not for me. If you wish to view this as a media or racial issue, I understand. Personally, I don't care why they are being reported. I just appreciate the fact that they are being reported.

Not for me. If you wish to view this as a media or racial issue, I understand. Personally, I don't care why they are being reported. I just appreciate the fact that they are being reported.

I guess I've watched MSNBC and CNN a bit too much the last two days. Because they have made this about race. So, to your point, you appreciate their respective efforts. I can hear you!

Archived