New York Grand Jury Does Not Indict Officer in Choking Death

icanthearyou

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yeah. The media is controlled by the liberals and commies.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Couldn't resist the opportunity to be sarcastic.

No, I believe their cause is just. I think they understand that, we the people, are the authority in this country and, they do not endorse the trend of excessive force being used by some of the policing personnel we employ. It is our system and therefore, our responsibility to correct the system at times.

I do not see a media agenda (not with the basic facts, anyway). This isn't Fox News. These stories aren't contrived. Sure, you can change the channel and get opinion on the influence of race, or politics but, in the end, the basic facts are the same. This isn't about race or politics, in my opinion. This is about a pattern of policing with too heavy a hand. It is a problem at local, state, and federal levels.

The only reason these cases have been covered so extensively is because of a racial agenda. If you can't admit that then you're being specious. If the victims were white instead of black I'd bet these cases wouldn't get much coverage except for probably Faux News as some like to call it.

You can make a strong argument in the Eric Garner case about police using too much force but the Michael Brown case was not a case of police using too much force. Yet they both get lumped together because of one reason. They were both black.

Not for me. If you wish to view this as a media or racial issue, I understand. Personally, I don't care why they are being reported. I just appreciate the fact that they are being reported.

I guess I've watched MSNBC and CNN a bit too much the last two days. Because they have made this about race. So, to your point, you appreciate their respective efforts. I can hear you!

Sorry, I don't think I watch as much television or, the same channels you do. But, to your point, when people begin to display an agenda or, attempt to tell me how to think, I generally stop watching and/or listening. Again, to me, these stories have very little to do with the media, race, or politics. And again, that is just for me. I understand that others view those as significant factors. Again, I do not. I see them as distractions.

TSK, TSK...no Fox takes you out of your comfort zone...get all hivey and stuff....lol....

Wow lowercase! Ever considered stand up comedy?

No, I believe their cause is just. I think they understand that, we the people, are the authority in this country and, they do not endorse the trend of excessive force being used by some of the policing personnel we employ. It is our system and therefore, our responsibility to correct the system at times.

I do not see a media agenda (not with the basic facts, anyway). This isn't Fox News. These stories aren't contrived. Sure, you can change the channel and get opinion on the influence of race, or politics but, in the end, the basic facts are the same. This isn't about race or politics, in my opinion. This is about a pattern of policing with too heavy a hand. It is a problem at local, state, and federal levels.

The only reason these cases have been covered so extensively is because of a racial agenda. If you can't admit that then you're being specious. If the victims were white instead of black I'd bet these cases wouldn't get much coverage except for probably Faux News as some like to call it.

You can make a strong argument in the Eric Garner case about police using too much force but the Michael Brown case was not a case of police using too much force. Yet they both get lumped together because of one reason. They were both black.

Not for me. If you wish to view this as a media or racial issue, I understand. Personally, I don't care why they are being reported. I just appreciate the fact that they are being reported.

I guess I've watched MSNBC and CNN a bit too much the last two days. Because they have made this about race. So, to your point, you appreciate their respective efforts. I can hear you!

Sorry, I don't think I watch as much television or, the same channels you do. But, to your point, when people begin to display an agenda or, attempt to tell me how to think, I generally stop watching and/or listening. Again, to me, these stories have very little to do with the media, race, or politics. And again, that is just for me. I understand that others view those as significant factors. Again, I do not. I see them as distractions.

Your view does not account for the views of thousands marching our streets over a false narrative. These kids are listening! I see that as very significant. In interview after interview, these kids recite racial talking points exhorted by the media. Again, I view that as significant. The media should focus on accountability, police retraining and heavy handed tactics. Quite possibly, Grand Jury protocol. Not race. Not inciting violence/protest. JMHO.

Your view does not account for the views of thousands marching our streets over a false narrative. These kids are listening! I see that as very significant. In interview after interview, these kids recite racial talking points exhorted by the media. Again, I view that as significant. The media should focus on accountability, police retraining and heavy handed tactics. Quite possibly, Grand Jury protocol. Not race. Not inciting violence/protest. JMHO.

I do not know or, pretend to know how everyone else thinks. I'm not familiar with what you are talking about. Do you have any links?

I do not know or, pretend to know how everyone else thinks. I'm not familiar with what you are talking about. Do you have any links?

are you still pretending you dont see the media setting this racial war up? or are you really serious?

are you still pretending you dont see the media setting this racial war up? or are you really serious?

Do you have any links?

Nah, he just hovers above it all and passes judgement with the benefit of being grounded in absolute truth. Dude's pretty funny. This is all about solidifying the racial divide for political gains and you'd have to be deaf dumb and blind to not admit the media had a very specific lean to the left.

Need me to bring you a tv? :dunno:

The thing about this Garner case that nobody wants to discuss is if it wasn't for raging liberal Michael Bloomberg making it illegal to sale loose cigarettes on the street the encounter would never have happened. The merchants in the vicinity had placed multiple complaints about this guy selling loose cigarettes, in fact, he had already been arrested for that same thing 8 previous times. It should have never happened but the bottom line is that the police were negligent is not one of the things the grand jury could indict for. There was no malicious intent to kill the guy

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/03/actual-facts-Eric-Garner

No. A single link to a story that details the media agenda that seeks to create racial tension.

No. A single link to a story that details the media agenda that seeks to create racial tension.

You have to be boycotting media altogether...its happening like it or not. The media is not going to expose that agenda because it may not even be by design but it is definitely happening. The racism narrative is one of their pets. All you have to do is pay attention and, no, FOX has nothing to do with it.

You have to be boycotting media altogether...its happening like it or not. The media is not going to expose that agenda because it may not even be by design but it is definitely happening. The racism narrative is one of their pets. All you have to do is pay attention and, no, FOX has nothing to do with it.

Sounds like a very disorganized conspiracy. Can you tell me how this story ends?

Sounds like a very disorganized conspiracy. Can you tell me how this story ends?

Are you serious? That was a predictably obtuse remark but considering the source it comes as no surprise, especially since you just asked for a link proving the media was making this a racial issue. Im just guessing but we'll probably get that link the same day we get the link where the media admits it is decidedly liberal in its biases.

The thing about this Garner case that nobody wants to discuss is if it wasn't for raging liberal Michael Bloomberg making it illegal to sale loose cigarettes on the street the encounter would never have happened. The merchants in the vicinity had placed multiple complaints about this guy selling loose cigarettes, in fact, he had already been arrested for that same thing 8 previous times. It should have never happened but the bottom line is that the police were negligent is not one of the things the grand jury could indict for. There was no malicious intent to kill the guy

http://www.breitbart...cts-Eric-Garner

Actually, that was discussed quite a few pages ago.

Why so obtuse?

Please excuse my tardiness. I didn't read the entire thread and probably should have before posting...my mistake, sorry.

Please excuse my tardiness. I didn't read the entire thread and probably should have before posting...my mistake, sorry.

It wasn't framed in the same terms as your point, but my original point was how ridiculous it was to be trying to handcuff and arrest a guy for something so trivial a simple summons should have been issued.

It wasn't framed in the same terms as your point, but my original point was how ridiculous it was to be trying to handcuff and arrest a guy for something so trivial a simple summons should have been issued.

I agree but the pressure was coming from the local merchants to stop this guy. In the context of enforcing a ridiculous law, a tragedy occurred. Idiotic laws precipitate idiotic measures from law enforcement. It should have never happened.

Why so obtuse?

Honestly, I am not. I would hope that someone would be reporting this media conspiracy to incite racial tension. Someone? Anyone? What is the ultimate purpose?

Hopefully, thru simple police retraining, these steps will be taken in the future.

Why so obtuse?

Honestly, I am not. I would hope that someone would be reporting this media conspiracy to incite racial tension. Someone? Anyone? What is the ultimate purpose?

Its simple demagoguery. You dont think the media has a liberal bias? Nobody has said a damn ting about a conspiracy but you. In the end, you simply do not believe the MSM is supportive of democrats in general or would report events in a way that benefits them?

Why so obtuse?

Maybe they are. I've not seen it. With regard to the ultimate purpose, what do you feel are the reasons?

Hopefully, thru simple police retraining, these steps will be taken in the future.

The guy was an 8 time offender of this stupid law. The law is the problem not the police. They never should have made the law but hell, Bloomberg tried to outlaw convenience stores from selling super sized drinks. if they had passed that law somebody would've probably died for selling big gulps.

The guy was an 8 time offender of this stupid law. The law is the problem not the police. They never should have made the law but hell, Bloomberg tried to outlaw convenience stores from selling super sized drinks. if they had passed that law somebody would've probably died for selling big gulps.

They're actually both the problem. It is absurd that there is a law regarding selling loose cigarettes on the streets. It is also absurd that police officers felt it an appropriate response to the violation of such a law that their heavy-handed action was appropriate.

Archived