Visitors for 1/16 weekend

War Eagle77

I am liking the way this is unfolding. More stars in Auburn this weekend than the Big Dipper has.

The Big Dipper has seven stars.. this is not much of an accomplishment.

More than the Little Dipper?

:-)

Also only has 7 major stars. Come on guys, we need to work on our figurative language some.

More stars than than Hollywood Boulevard, the American Flag, Princess Peach's Castle... let's get creative here.

I was being facetious. I wish we had a font for that. :-)

I knew you were. Just needed an excuse for my own facetious tirade.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am liking the way this is unfolding. More stars in Auburn this weekend than the Big Dipper has.

The Big Dipper has seven stars.. this is not much of an accomplishment.

More than the Little Dipper?

Also only has 7 major stars. Come on guys, we need to work on our figurative language some.

More stars than than Hollywood Boulevard, the American Flag, Princess Peach's Castle... let's get creative here.

I was being facetious. I wish we had a font for that. :-)

I knew you were. Just needed an excuse for my own facetious tirade.

Oh, definitely. But do we just keep conceding the state's top recruits to Saban every season because of it? What kind of chickensh** attitude would that be?

We didn't concede Roc Thomas, Tre Williams, or this year K. Johnson and I don't see posters suggesting conceding others that are in play. What's being said is that since this Payne guy has been called a bammer lock from the get go by numerous sources and he's now publicly committed to them, let this one go and move on.

I don't want him over here on January 16th polluting the atmosphere and you can bet your mama's favorite apron that's what he'll be trying to do here.

In other words, concede the top recruit in the state. Again, I'm glad our coaches have more sack than that.

Your "in other words" is invalid. Have another cup of coffee and then come back.

You're right. I just checked and 247 has Payne ranked 3 spots below Kerryon Johnson. So, by the standard by which this board goes, he is not the top prospect in this state; however, given his proximity in their rankings to the top prospect, and given the relative need for Auburn of the positions they play, I'm comfortable standing by Payne being Auburn's most important recruit in the state.

Alabama wants Payne. Auburn wants Payne. To discontinue recruiting Payne would be to concede him to Alabama. Weak, weak technicality aside, my point is valid.

I like it. Make bama defend their committed recruits, and they might not have as much time to flip ours.

Oh, definitely. But do we just keep conceding the state's top recruits to Saban every season because of it? What kind of chickensh** attitude would that be?

We didn't concede Roc Thomas, Tre Williams, or this year K. Johnson and I don't see posters suggesting conceding others that are in play. What's being said is that since this Payne guy has been called a bammer lock from the get go by numerous sources and he's now publicly committed to them, let this one go and move on.

I don't want him over here on January 16th polluting the atmosphere and you can bet your mama's favorite apron that's what he'll be trying to do here.

In other words, concede the top recruit in the state. Again, I'm glad our coaches have more sack than that.

Your "in other words" is invalid. Have another cup of coffee and then come back.

You're right. I just checked and 247 has Payne ranked 3 spots below Kerryon Johnson. So, by the standard by which this board goes, he is not the top prospect in this state; however, given his proximity in their rankings to the top prospect, and given the relative need for Auburn of the positions they play, I'm comfortable standing by Payne being Auburn's most important recruit in the state.

Alabama wants Payne. Auburn wants Payne. To discontinue recruiting Payne would be to concede him to Alabama. Weak, weak technicality aside, my point is valid.

I like it. Make bama defend their committed recruits, and they might not have as much time to flip ours.

I'm with Mikey on this one. Gotta pick your battles. If you want to throw a successful party, the most important factor to consider is who you invite. It doesn't take a rocket scientists to realize that you don't want a turd in the punch bowl. I think the same applies in this case.

Think about the other DL we have coming in this weekend. Just because Payne is from the state of Alabama, it doesn't make him the most important recruit for us, even if he plays at a position of need for us.

This weekend is going to be the biggest recruiting weekend in AU history. We have a legit shot at almost every recruit that is going to be in town.

My advice:

Take Signing day off, invite some friends over, and set out some snacks, because we're gonna have a party!!!!!!!

I'm with Mikey on this one. Gotta pick your battles. If you want to throw a successful party, the most important factor to consider is who you invite. It doesn't take a rocket scientists to realize that you don't want a turd in the punch bowl. I think the same applies in this case.

Think about the other DL we have coming in this weekend. Just because Payne is from the state of Alabama, it doesn't make him the most important recruit for us, even if he plays at a position of need for us.

Mikey has maintained 2 separate stances in this conversation and has alternately referred to whichever one was most convenient:

1) We should not recruit Mack

2) We should recruit Mack, but just not invite him this weekend

I disagree vehemently with 1, or at least I did at the time that the coaches still seemed to be aggressively recruiting him. If they're going after him, then I want them to get him. The 2nd point makes more sense, but he's a serious player and our coaches seemed serious about him, so it made sense to show him we were serious by including him this weekend. And I'm still glad that our coaches' collective confidence isn't so easily shaken by a few recruiting battles gone sideways.

As for the other guys coming this weekend, Norton seems to be the only interior guy we might have a shot with. So I don't think it inaccurate to say that, with a strong commitment from Kerryon Johnson, Payne was the top recruit in the state at the time of the conversation.

I keep referencing the past tense because Payne seems to be out of the picture now.

Britt, if you want to have a successful party ... It isn't the guest list ... You serve tequila shots ...

Great, throw tequila shots for a bunch of juiced up 17 and 18 year olds. Nice. :)

Britt, if you want to have a successful party ... It isn't the guest list ... You serve tequila shots ...

LOL -- Alcohol, and plenty of it, is the second most important consideration IMO.

Mikey has maintained 2 separate stances in this conversation and has alternately referred to whichever one was most convenient:

I disagree vehemently with 1, or at least I did at the time that the coaches still seemed to be aggressively recruiting him. If they're going after him, then I want them to get him. The 2nd point makes more sense, but he's a serious player and our coaches seemed serious about him, so it made sense to show him we were serious by including him this weekend. And I'm still glad that our coaches' collective confidence isn't so easily shaken by a few recruiting battles gone sideways.

As for the other guys coming this weekend, Norton seems to be the only interior guy we might have a shot with. So I don't think it inaccurate to say that, with a strong commitment from Kerryon Johnson, Payne was the top recruit in the state at the time of the conversation.

I keep referencing the past tense because Payne seems to be out of the picture now.

I haven't commented on Mack. Drink either more or less of your favorite beverage if that will help your comprehension skills. Maybe drinking a little more or less will help you decide which recruit is the state's #1, since you claim the authority to name whoever suits your mood of the moment.

I haven't commented on Mack. Drink either more or less of your favorite beverage if that will help your comprehension skills. Maybe drinking a little more or less will help you decide which recruit is the state's #1, since you claim the authority to name whoever suits your mood of the moment.

Fair enough, even though I corrected what was an obvious slip further down in the same post you quoted.

Also, I admitted my mistake regarding which recruit was #1 in the state earlier in the thread, and then explained why I still thought he was Auburn's most important recruit.

Go with what ya got, huh? Cool.

Fair enough, even though I corrected what was an obvious slip further down in the same post you quoted.

Also, I admitted my mistake regarding which recruit was #1 in the state earlier in the thread, and then explained why I still thought he was Auburn's most important recruit.

At least y'all are being civil.

Speaking of favorite beverages, I hear mustache eagle is throwing a party -- with tequila shots! -- later. He doesn't care who shows up, either; otherwise, I'd suggest we crash it.

:cheers:

Speaking of favorite beverages, I hear mustache eagle is throwing a party -- with tequila shots! -- later. He doesn't care who shows up, either; otherwise, I'd suggest we crash it.

I would gladly drop what I'm doing and go to any party that had mustaches, eagles and tequila. Assuming AUbritt and Mikey are there, of course.

:cheers:/>

I would gladly drop what I'm doing and go to any party that had mustaches, eagles and tequila. Assuming AUbritt and Mikey are there, of course.

what the!!!!!!!! ... A party?????? (Said in my best Bill Murray voice).

Absolutely I'm throwing a party at Britts house! I'll bring my bottom shelf bottle of matador! Unfortunately mikey won't come ... I think he is a whiskey/bourbon drinker ... Too snobby for a tequila shin-dig ... If he isn't there, then mcloofus is out and I'm not sure how I'd feel drinking shots with Britt by myself ...

On second thought ... Maybe we should cancel this little soirée.

I hope we can all manage our expectations about this weekend and not have a meltdown if we don't have 6 5* commits on Monday. We may not see the payoff till NSD.

Absolutely I'm throwing a party at Britts house! I'll bring my bottom shelf bottle of matador! Unfortunately mikey won't come ... I think he is a whiskey/bourbon drinker ... Too snobby for a tequila shin-dig ... If he isn't there, then mcloofus is out and I'm not sure how I'd feel drinking shots with Britt by myself ...

Darn and I was just getting ready to fly in from Texas with a couple of bottles of Tequila. LOL

I hope we can all manage our expectations about this weekend and not have a meltdown if we don't have 6 5* commits on Monday. We may not see the payoff till NSD.

I am not really expecting much in the way of commitments this weekend. Wouldn't surprise me to see none. I do believe we will end up with several of them on NSD.

Darn and I was just getting ready to fly in from Texas with a couple of bottles of Tequila. LOL

Yes! I'm back in. I'll bring whatever bourbon Mikey requests and the '82, '89, '93, '10 and '13 Iron Bowls on DVD. And I'll try to get ShocksMyBrain to bring a few growlers of fantastic Colorado beer. This is going to be the best make believe party ever.

“@Keith247Sports: FREE: Monster visitors list at #Auburn http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Star-studded-weekend-in-Auburn-34807391”

Auburn's extremely important recruiting weekend is set. Eighteen of the nation's best high school prospects will be visiting Auburn this weekend, in what will be one of the Tigers' most high-profile recruiting weekends in years.

Byron Cowart would be the highest ranked prospect ever to sign with Auburn. (Photo: 247Sports)

You won’t find a more star-studded list of visitors this weekend than the one expected at Auburn. The Tigers are hoping to host six five-star prospects in the 2015 class, including three of the nation’s top six uncommitted prospects according to the 247Sports Composite.

Auburn's team recruiting ranking has slipped outside the top ten to No. 12 nationally. This weekend will go a long way in steering the Tigers' class back among the nation's elite classes. New defensive coordinator Will Muschamp will be there, so will new defensive assistants Travaris Robinson and Lance Thompson, joining forces with an already talented Auburn coaching staff.

There are multiple big-time recruits tentatively scheduled to officially visit Auburn this weekend, and when they are confirmed to have arrived, AuburnUndercover will report. Until then, here's the list of scheduled and confirmed official visitors.

First, the prospects not committed to Auburn...

Byron Cowart (Seffner, Fla.)

5-star, No. 2 SDE, No. 3 247Sports Composite

Florida, Florida State, Alabama and Auburn in the hunt. Florida is considered the favorite, but Auburn's hiring of Muschamp was a game-changer.

CeCe Jefferson (Glen Saint Mary's, Fla.)

5-star, No. 3 SDE, No. 7 247Sports Composite

Florida, Ole Miss, Florida State and Auburn battling, and like Cowart, many consider Florida the favorite. Auburn's hiring of Muschamp and Thompson helps tremendously, they both were lead recruiters of Jefferson at their previous stops.

Terry Beckner Jr. (East St. Louis, Mo.)

5-star, No. 4 DT, No. 16 247Sports Composite

Missouri is considered the favorite for Beckner, but Auburn is a darkhorse and have their chance to impress this weekend.

Terry Godwin (Hogansville, Ga.)

5-star, No. 1 ATH, No. 24 247Sports Composite

Committed to Georgia, swaying Godwin will be tough, but Auburn and Alabama are trying. Dameyune Craig is recruiting Godwin, who will visit Alabama on Jan. 23.

CeCe Jefferson joins Cowart and Terry Beckner Jr. as high-profile uncommitted prospects visiting Auburn. (Photo: 247Sports)

Torrance Gibson (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)

4-star, No. 5 dual-threat QB, No. 74 247Sports Composite

Committed to Ohio State, Gibson's interest in Auburn has returned with a visit this weekend. Tennessee also a factor.

Ryan Davis (St. Petersburg, Fla.)

4-star, No. 22 WR

Auburn's recent offer earned them a visit. Florida is considered the favorite, with Florida State, Alabama and Kentucky pushing hard.

Sheldrick Redwine (Miami, Fla.)

3-star, No. 66 CB

Redwine committed to Louisville 13 days ago, and landed his Auburn offer three days later. Kentucky and Auburn are the main threats to Louisville.

Javarius Davis (Jacksonville, Fla.)

3-star, No. 38 ATH

Auburn offered 11 days ago, Florida considered the favorite, with Davis planning upcoming visits to Louisville and Georgia before signing day.

Now, the Auburn commits...

Kerryon Johnson (Madison, Ala.)

4-star, No. 2 RB, No. 43 247Sports Composite

Johnson firmly committed to Auburn, but plans to visit Alabama next week.

Jordan Colbert (Griffin, Ga.)

4-star, No. 12 OLB, No. 196 247Sports Composite.

Colbert is firmly committed to Auburn.

Darrell Williams (Hoover, Ala.)

4-star, No. 12 OLB, No. 193 247Sports Composite

Williams is firmly committed to Auburn. Alabama, Oklahoma and Miss. State have been threats.

Montavious Atkinson (Fairburn, Ga.)

4-star, No. 10 ILB

Important weekend for Auburn and Atkinson, with Georgia and Tennessee lurking, but the Tigers are in good shape.

Marquel Harrell (Fairburn, Ga.)

4-star, No. 11 OG, No. 214 247Sports Composite

Harrell is firmly committed, but is considering visits to Georgia and Florida.

D'Anfernee McGriff (Tallahassee, Fla.)

4-star, No. 20 ATH, No. 249 247Sports Composite

Florida is pushing for McGriff, but Auburn remains in good shape. Grade concerns are an issue.

Elijah Sullivan (Tucker, Ga.)

4-star (247 Sports rankings), No. 20 OLB (247 Sports rankings)

Sullivan is firmly committed to Auburn.

Jauntavius Johnson (Lincoln, Ala.)

4-star, No. 20 DT (247Sports rankings)

Johnson is firmly committed to Auburn.

Jalen Harris (Montgomery, Ala.)

3-star, No. 20 TE

Harris is firmly committed to Auburn.

I'm in! Who's flipping at the party? If females are there I will only commit for a short period of time but don't tell them.

Archived