Visitors for 1/16 weekend

War Eagle77

I've seen tweets of Jeff Holland, CeCe Jefferson, Marquel Harrell, Jordan Colbert, Kerryon Johnson, Ryan Davis, Jarvaris Davis, and Torrance Gibson have all arrived or are on the way. I've heard that Ivey is headed this way.

There may be more, those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head that I have seen.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen tweets of Jeff Holland, CeCe Jefferson, Marquel Harrell, Jordan Colbert, Kerryon Johnson, Ryan Davis, Jarvaris Davis, and Torrance Gibson have all arrived or are on the way. I've heard that Ivey is headed this way.

There may be more, those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head that I have seen.

Thanks

CeCe Jefferson @cecejeferson7

Finally made it to Auburn,Beautiful campus!

XXX @holland_jeffery

TOUCHDOWN IN AUBURN WAREAGLE

G.O.E @javariusdavis1

Just touchdown in auburn ..

Marquel Harrell @BWAQuel

Home sweet home... back at Auburn

Ryan Davis @thaRD5

On the Road to Auburn #WarEagle

Jordan Colbert:

Hollywood@Og_smxx

Kar packed Finna hit the Road #OV AUBURN here we kome

Jordan Colbert:

Hollywood@Og_smxx

Kar packed Finna hit the Road #OV AUBURN here we kome

I'm guessing Jordan Colbert didn't have a very good English teacher. :laugh:

I almost didn't want to put his tweet on there because of that haha. As long as he can play football.

Mikey has maintained 2 separate stances in this conversation and has alternately referred to whichever one was most convenient:

1) We should not recruit Mack

2) We should recruit Mack, but just not invite him this weekend

I disagree vehemently with 1, or at least I did at the time that the coaches still seemed to be aggressively recruiting him. If they're going after him, then I want them to get him. The 2nd point makes more sense, but he's a serious player and our coaches seemed serious about him, so it made sense to show him we were serious by including him this weekend. And I'm still glad that our coaches' collective confidence isn't so easily shaken by a few recruiting battles gone sideways.

As for the other guys coming this weekend, Norton seems to be the only interior guy we might have a shot with. So I don't think it inaccurate to say that, with a strong commitment from Kerryon Johnson, Payne was the top recruit in the state at the time of the conversation.

I keep referencing the past tense because Payne seems to be out of the picture now.

I haven't commented on Mack. Drink either more or less of your favorite beverage if that will help your comprehension skills. Maybe drinking a little more or less will help you decide which recruit is the state's #1, since you claim the authority to name whoever suits your mood of the moment.

Fair enough, even though I corrected what was an obvious slip further down in the same post you quoted.

Also, I admitted my mistake regarding which recruit was #1 in the state earlier in the thread, and then explained why I still thought he was Auburn's most important recruit.

Go with what ya got, huh? Cool.

At least y'all are being civil.

Speaking of favorite beverages, I hear mustache eagle is throwing a party -- with tequila shots! -- later. He doesn't care who shows up, either; otherwise, I'd suggest we crash it.

:cheers:

I'm in! Who's flipping at the party? If females are there I will only commit for a short period of time but don't tell them.

Great! As McLoofus said, this will be the best make-believe party ever. So, we're free to imagine whatever women we want.

:big:

You know, there is a problem with having this many top recruits on campus at one time. Does everybody get the individual attention from the coaches that they deserve? We don't want anybody to leave disappointed in the attention they received. #WDE

You know, there is a problem with having this many top recruits on campus at one time. Does everybody get the individual attention from the coaches that they deserve? We don't want anybody to leave disappointed in the attention they received. #WDE

Yeah, not sure what the coaches were thinking :D

They'll be fine. They're all old hat at this.

Alex Byington ‏@AUBlog

Wenonah junior DL/OL Quinnen Williams --> RT @QuinnenD1: i just committed to Auburn this morning #WarEagle

Looks like this got buried. I hadn't heard a single thing about this kid til now, but 247 has him listed at DT

Same here.

Appears to be a 2016 recruit.

WDE!

How many available slots left? What are the targeted positions by the coaches for those spots? With both those questions in mind how many of the visiting 5 stars could we even take if they all want to come to Auburn?

How many available slots left? What are the targeted positions by the coaches for those spots? With both those questions in mind how many of the visiting 5 stars could we even take if they all want to come to Auburn?

We have 8 slots left. Two weeks ago I felt like we wouldn't fill all 8 slots. I have changed my opinion with the late rush of attention AU is getting from top 50 recruits. IMO, we do 1 or 2 WR (probably 1), 1 or 2 OL (probably 1). the rest will be on defense, some combination of DL, DE, LB and CB.

It's sad that so many of you are willing to accept it as fact that we can't take a recruit away from Nick Saban.

That's not true. We have flipped guys like Stephen Roberts and Kal Bessent. It's the specific recruit in Payne and the fact that the staff has been played by Bammer commits in the past.

This staff got played once, by Evans, who never committed to Auburn.

I think it's high time Auburn returns the favor.

Not this staff but Foster and Yeldon still leave a bad taste.

Oh, definitely. But do we just keep conceding the state's top recruits to Saban every season because of it? What kind of chickensh** attitude would that be?

Foster, Yeldon and Evans do show a pattern of how saban operates. He really has no set of morals as we understand them. These kids are coached to lie to Auburn and do as much damage as possible.

I heard we were bumping off a 3-star corner commit to make some more room. While I hate to have it happen to a kid, it does show the coaches are confident in landing some of these recruits.

We have 8 slots left. Two weeks ago I felt like we wouldn't fill all 8 slots. I have changed my opinion with the late rush of attention AU is getting from top 50 recruits. IMO, we do 1 or 2 WR (probably 1), 1 or 2 OL (probably 1). the rest will be on defense, some combination of DL, DE, LB and CB.

thanks for the info. How many kids are the coaches still legitimately considering for these 8 spots?

thanks for the info. How many kids are the coaches still legitimately considering for these 8 spots?

Many! Probably 15-20 legitimate favorites at the top of the Hot Board.

Went to Victory Grill tonight and it was a pretty cool atmosphere. Everyone was really friendly. Muschamp, TRob, Lashlee, and Gus all came over and talked to Trent Thompson. (He was sitting in the booth right in front of me). It was a 2:2 ratio of players and recruits at each table. I saw Tray Matthews sitting with CeCe Jefferson. Byron Cowart was sitting with Carl Lawson. Lance Thompson was not there; probably still out recruiting. I'm pretty sure I saw the rest of the coaches there though. TRob and TWIll were talking to Cowart a long time by themselves. Everything looks really good so far with the recruits.

Archived