Visitors for 1/16 weekend

War Eagle77

I'll bring plenty of Maker's Mark and ginger ale to this party. Keep in mind that some recent signing day parties have turned into wakes. In which case, I also keep a goodly supply of headache remedies on hand.

IronMan, I don't know where your online guy KN at 247 came up with 30 slots available, but last year they ( more than one "inside", online source) were wrong and ellitor and I were right about how many could be signed. People kept saying that AU sources were telling them that X many could be signed but in the end my pencil and paper scratchings were correct. This year's number is 28 and I'm really certain on that. The only question I have is whether Golson counts among those 28 or not.

Right Mikey, I knew you had come up with the 28 number. You're my go to guy on that stuff so that's why I began that post with "tifwiw". As I said, he didn't break it down but I did go back and read it again. Along with the 30 number, he mentions 5 EEs as being part of what he was told. I'm thinking that could be the difference ?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These guys will probably be at Auburn basketball game tonight. It's on SEC network tonight, fyi.

Yes and hopefully there will be some good pics coming out from it. The place should be packed.

These guys will probably be at Auburn basketball game tonight. It's on SEC network tonight, fyi.

Yes and hopefully there will be some good pics coming out from it. The place should be packed.

yeah need to spread the word.

I'll bring plenty of Maker's Mark and ginger ale to this party. Keep in mind that some recent signing day parties have turned into wakes. In which case, I also keep a goodly supply of headache remedies on hand.

IronMan, I don't know where your online guy KN at 247 came up with 30 slots available, but last year they ( more than one "inside", online source) were wrong and ellitor and I were right about how many could be signed. People kept saying that AU sources were telling them that X many could be signed but in the end my pencil and paper scratchings were correct. This year's number is 28 and I'm really certain on that. The only question I have is whether Golson counts among those 28 or not.

Right Mikey, I knew you had come up with the 28 number. You're my go to guy on that stuff so that's why I began that post with "tifwiw". As I said, he didn't break it down but I did go back and read it again. Along with the 30 number, he mentions 5 EEs as being part of what he was told. I'm thinking that could be the difference ?

He may have confused himself with the "5 EE" business. We have seven EE guys, eight if you count Golson but only three of them can count back. I think he may be forgetting Tray Matthews who counted against 2014. Don't know where his other extra came from, but the only way to come up with 5 EE countbacks would be to undercount 2014 signees by two.

I'm hoping Coach Pearl gets to chat with a few after the game.

The staff could not have asked for a more perfect weather weekend for mid January. I hope it is warm enough for the coeds to be out running around in their running shorts or yoga pants and Tank Tops. That never hurts during recruiting weekends. I'm not trying to be sexist, just stating a fact. #WDE

They will be out in the leggings no doubt. I actually think more are out during the week running than weekends. But I couldn't agree more with the weather this time of the year

More good pub...

Keith Niebuhr@Keith247Sports 14m14 minutes ago

#Auburn has 1-2-3 and 4 of the top 7 in the 247Sports Composite on campus right now.

Subtle editing suggestion: Should read "1-2-3-4 and 7."

Normally I wouldn't bother, but it's a bit misleading, and getting Jefferson in as well is a huge deal.

WDE!

My bad. Marshall isn't visiting, so #4 isn't in town.

Isn't everyone limited to 28 a year (in the SEC)? Now I know you can count back with EEs up to that number...and left overs can be given to walk ons...etc...

No bammer is allowed as many as they want :angry:

This is huge. For these two to be back on campus this weekend, probably casually running into the recruits to talk up the Auburn Life.

Jason Caldwell@ITATJason 4m4 minutes ago Auburn, AL

Just ran into a pair of Auburn running back legends Cadillac and Ronnie Brown. Great to see them back.

This is huge. For these two to be back on campus this weekend, probably casually running into the recruits to talk up the Auburn Life.

Jason Caldwell@ITATJason 4m4 minutes ago Auburn, AL

Just ran into a pair of Auburn running back legends Cadillac and Ronnie Brown. Great to see them back.

I saw earlier on twitter that Jeris Mcintyre was in Auburn also. Are they all there for recruiting?

The staff could not have asked for a more perfect weather weekend for mid January. I hope it is warm enough for the coeds to be out running around in their running shorts or yoga pants and Tank Tops. That never hurts during recruiting weekends. I'm not trying to be sexist, just stating a fact. #WDE

spent today in auburn ... Yes the eye candy was out getting exercise ...

To top off the weekend, they need to take the recruits to roll Toomer's corner for the bball game win!!

Nice. Thanks.

Irvin looks like a cool dude..love Cowart with the fan

Archived