Visitors for 1/16 weekend

War Eagle77

Is Arden Key visiting the 16th or 30th? An al.com article on Arden Key stated he is taking an OV to Auburn on 1/30 with Byron Cowart. Does this mean Cowart is visiting both 1/16 and 1/30?

Yes that's what it seems like. I wouldn't put anything into that just yet. While I feel good about Cowart to AU, I won't say anything until he visits on the 16th.

Cowart was going to take an UOV to AU on the 30th with Key taking his OV.

247 says that he's visiting FSU that weekend.

The second visit by Cowart is based off an an AJC article that mentioned Key and Cowart promising to visit AU together on the 30th. That one story is the only place I've seen mention Cowart visiting on the 30th, but who knows...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oakleaf (Orange Park, Fla.) three-star cornerback and Auburn commitment Chris Westry is no longer taking an official visit to Auburn this weekend.

CHRISTOPHER-WESTRY-140325-120.JPGspacer1.gif

Westry initially was one of approximately 20 recruits expected to be in Auburn on Friday.

Westry, 6-foot-4 and 180 pounds, spoke to Auburn's new cornerbacks coach Travaris Robinson about rescheduling the visit.

"He said there were a lot of people coming and he would prefer to see me on a different day when it could be more personal," Westry said. "I don't know when I will reschedule it for. I don't have a date set."

Westry committed to Auburn in July after a standout performance at one of the Tigers' senior camps. He's been solid to the Tigers since, although Kentucky continues to recruit him.

"I still feel very good about Auburn," Westry said.

Oakleaf (Orange Park, Fla.) three-star cornerback and Auburn commitment Chris Westry is no longer taking an official visit to Auburn this weekend.

CHRISTOPHER-WESTRY-140325-120.JPGspacer1.gif

Westry initially was one of approximately 20 recruits expected to be in Auburn on Friday.

Westry, 6-foot-4 and 180 pounds, spoke to Auburn's new cornerbacks coach Travaris Robinson about rescheduling the visit.

"He said there were a lot of people coming and he would prefer to see me on a different day when it could be more personal," Westry said. "I don't know when I will reschedule it for. I don't have a date set."

Westry committed to Auburn in July after a standout performance at one of the Tigers' senior camps. He's been solid to the Tigers since, although Kentucky continues to recruit him.

"I still feel very good about Auburn," Westry said.

Hmmm.

Things are a happening. All good..................mostly

Golf, did you get the Mercedes delivered to Tez so he can ride to AU in style?

Lock him down Golf. we need Tez.

Might have to make some room. Its sad, but part of recruiting.

I don't remember us pulling an offer this late in the process... Ever. Does this mean we feel that good about the other CB prospects?

Might have to make some room. Its sad, but part of recruiting.

I don't remember us pulling an offer this late in the process... Ever. Does this mean we feel that good about the other CB prospects?

I would guess its possible. I wouldn't be surprised.

I could see a couple more defensive recruits looking elsewhere if they're not getting the love. It happens when a defensive (or offensive) staff is overhauled. That kind of the doesn't normally happen at Auburn unless we get a new HC. Tubs had a revolving door of Coordinators but DC and OC did not get to make staff changes. Chiz finally made some changes but the walls were already collapsing. I'm sure our staff will help these guys find a better fit.

Anyone think that Steele to LSU helps AU recruiting, hurts bama recruiting, helps LSU recruiting? Really I am only concerned with ramifications on AU recruiting.

I don't think it would hurt Bama too much, but I definitely don't think it helps LSU at all. Rather, it probably hurts them this year and maybe even next year.

Anyone think that Steele to LSU helps AU recruiting, hurts bama recruiting, helps LSU recruiting? Really I am only concerned with ramifications on AU recruiting.

I'm just wondering if Les is trying to get fired. What a subpar hire for LSU.

No kiddin'. Are they broke or something? To let Chavis go and then bring Steele in was about as baffling a move as I've seen. Very similar to going from Gus Malzahn to Scott Loeffler.....and we all saw how that ended.

No kiddin'. Are they broke or something? To let Chavis go and then bring Steele in was about as baffling a move as I've seen. Very similar to going from Gus Malzahn to Scott Loeffler.....and we all saw how that ended.

I don't mean to get off here but all Chavis wanted was a guarantee on his contract that if Les was fired he would be payed all the way threw his contract. His contract read that if Les was fired he was not guaranteed he would be paid if he was let go no matter how long the time was left on his contract. So I'm told. Lol.

WDE, I heard a very similar thing about the guarantee, but I also heard an additional point that, when A&M offered him a significant raise, he took offense to LSU countering with next to nothing (something like a $30K bump). I think both are probably true.

I also had the exact same question about Les. Is that dude trying to get fired?

Archived