2016 3* DT Quinnen Williams (Bama commit)

TIGGR82

Clayton, I think you can probably say the same about [the other] Clayton, but even assuming they're just very interested targets, there are a ton of DTs and DEs on our board and very much in play for us. That was my point.

Clayton 100%. I totally think later on in the cycle we will have 5-7 DL committed and signed, but it just doesn't look great right now. But it changed in the blink of an eye last cycle, so I suppose it can happen again

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play on the field this season will make or break this DL class. Do well and take our pick as depth will be very limited (at least at DT). UGA, $puat and LSU sucking would only help that much more (or if Pruitt gets a gig as HC somewhere).

Seems like it changed in a blink in the 2013 class as well. Lawson made the call to stick with us just before Signing Day (as I recall); then uncommitted prospects, Adams and Daniel, signed on Signing Day. This is almost our m.o.

Seems like it changed in a blink in the 2013 class as well. Lawson made the call to stick with us just before Signing Day (as I recall); then uncommitted prospects, Adams and Daniel, signed on Signing Day. This is almost our m.o.

We flipped Elijah as I recall, from Ole Miss maybe?? Either way, getting an uncommitted or commited elsewhere player has paid off for us lately.

Does anyone really know what is going on behind the scene's? Who really knows what is going on between the coaches and recruits? Maybe there is bigger fish the coaches feel good about? Who knows what goes on in the mind of 17, 18 and 18 year old boys? It's June 3rd, 8 months from signing day, no tome to panic or worry.

This has nothing to do with us pushing these kids out because we feel good about "bigger fish". I think that what you are seeing is Alabama screwing with us at a position of significant need by toying with our only two current DL commits. Whether or not they actually have any intention of taking either of these two is yet to be determined, but causing the turmoil for us is obviously a positive for them.

Does anyone really know what is going on behind the scene's? Who really knows what is going on between the coaches and recruits? Maybe there is bigger fish the coaches feel good about? Who knows what goes on in the mind of 17, 18 and 18 year old boys? It's June 3rd, 8 months from signing day, no tome to panic or worry.

This has nothing to do with us pushing these kids out because we feel good about "bigger fish". I think that what you are seeing is Alabama screwing with us at a position of significant need by toying with our only two current DL commits. Whether or not they actually have any intention of taking either of these two is yet to be determined, but causing the turmoil for us is obviously a positive for them.

Yeah, the whole greyshirt thing reaks of game playing, same way they flipped Philon...up until signing day and then told him no thanks.

+1. i hope we are in a position soon to do the same thing to them.

Even if we are ever in position to do this to Bama as while it would hurt Bama it would also hurt an innocent kid. I would rather lose a few rather then intentionally mislead a kid just to hurt Bama.

Even if we are ever in position to do this to Bama as while it would hurt Bama it would also hurt an innocent kid. I would rather lose a few rather then intentionally mislead a kid just to hurt Bama.

This.

Absolutely agree. However, that sort of integrity and sense of greater responsibility have been replaced with a "win at all costs" mentality. Competition is good until, integrity and honor are lost.

sorry about that. my intent was to say i hope one day we are so loaded with talent that we can select 1-2 players a year that would really hurt the turds. i would never want

auburn to "pull a philon". that is very low rent.

sorry about that. my intent was to say i hope one day we are so loaded with talent that we can select 1-2 players a year that would really hurt the turds. i would never want

Sorry I misinterpreted what you meant.

you were spot on. my op was not artfully written.

Sorry I misinterpreted what you meant.

Per Keith - Quinnen Williams has decommitted from Auburn. Another misled kid and family that will end up at Miss. St due to Alabama's lies.

I'm glad Gus is good at offense. Cause next season we will be running the 0-5-6 defense.

I'm glad Gus is good at offense. Cause next season we will be running the 0-5-6 defense.

I am pretty sure I have never seen a post THIS FUNNY EVER .. this is lining up to be like UT not signing any OL in 2012 (I think it was 2012)

Damn. RG will actually have to become an above average DL coach because his rep as a recruiting guru is getting trashed. Psst....RG is not and never will be an above average DL coach. We blew out the entire D staff except for RG. Why? Because he is Jay Jacobs' friend. RG is just burning AU paychecks.

wde

When Garner was at Georgia the boards were full of posts about how he was killing us as a recruiter. Now that he's at Auburn he's awful. :dunno:

Looking at his results since he's been here I think he's an excellent recruiter and was kept to coach the DL because Gus thinks he's a good coach.

Now this is good.

When Garner was at Georgia the boards were full of posts about how he was killing us as a recruiter. Now that he's at Auburn he's awful. :dunno:

Looking at his results since he's been here I think he's an excellent recruiter and was kept to coach the DL because Gus thinks he's a good coach.

LOL, you really believe this? Garner did kill us as a recruiter at UT and uga. He never was considered an above average DL coach at either UT or uga. Garner was a Jay Jacobs hire (which I was in favor of at the time because I thought his recruiting would compensate for his coaching weakness.) Right now, his recruiting at the position he coaches is worse than his on the field coaching.

wde

We need Tracy Rocker as our DL coach. Gus needs to do everything he can to get Tracy back for 2016.

Archived