2016 3* DT Quinnen Williams (Bama commit)

TIGGR82

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reality check, lots of positive feedback from elite DL recruits about CRG.

https://auburn.rival...ery=/fVKdGDa8Gi

Must be false. We have the pitchforks ready and torches lit.

Yeah, those blue chip 5*'s don't know what they are talking. Anonymous posters on the internet said RG sucks so ya know that must be true.

Only what Gus said when he was hired. I don't recall anything being said that jay Jacobs played any role in him being hired. I mean why would Jay stop with Garner, I mean he could just line up Gus's entire staff with "his" guys....Gus does not seem to be the type that would allow anyone to influence his hiring decisions...he has absolute control of this program without Jacobs influences.

Fair enough. Why is RG the only D staff member on the staff that did not get let go after last year? It dang sure was not based on DL on the field production. I will give you the "Lawson was hurt" as 1 excuse. Again, should our DL greatly improve this year on the field, then I will be glad to post on this and other boards that RG earned his paycheck.

wde

Maybe because he's seen as a good coach and recruiter is why he was kept?

Just a thought.

Recruiter in the past, no doubt. He has never been regarded as a good coach.

wde

Your creating your own hype. Your opinion. RG is regarded as a good coach by many.

I just don't understand why it's been mostly defensive players who are backing out. We have a guy who is considered by most to be the best defensive mind in college football as Defensive Coordinator and yet they seem to be telling us thanks but no thanks. I'm not criticizing any defensive coaches nor their ability to recruit. I guess it's because we have had several defensive players transfer and now these commitments backing out it just seems to be a bit puzzling.

You would think having brought CWM in as Defensive Coordinator and T-Rob in that would prove to these recruits AU is serious about building a top tier defense. The defections are mostly from the defensive side, whether it be older players transferring or recruits backing out. I'm just hoping i'm a little paranoid. :dunno:

I just don't understand why it's been mostly defensive players who are backing out. We have a guy who is considered by most to be the best defensive mind in college football as Defensive Coordinator and yet they seem to be telling us thanks but no thanks. I'm not criticizing any defensive coaches nor their ability to recruit. I guess it's because we have had several defensive players transfer and now these commitments backing out it just seems to be a bit puzzling.

because we have the best offensive mind on hand, the D is learning a new system, and as they spread their wings they are finding the pieces that fit the pie to get better and dominate.

The recruiting of Auburn University would be an absolute joke if it were up to this board.

"Fire Garner!" "Don't recruit the state of AL!" "I won't gravel to a 17-18 year old!"

Let's get a grip on reality guys. This is the nature of the business, if you don't like it don't worry about Auburn recruiting until the first Wednesday in February. WDE

In all honesty, we have a better chance of getting recruits in ga than in al. Truth

I am as confused about these decommits as anyone. However, is it possible these kids saw the work that CWM expected and decoded it wasn't what they wanted and moved on? You guys are correct we do have one of the best def. minds in football, however, maybe these kids just don't want to put the work in that is needed for them. In that case, it is best they moved on. JMHO

I am as confused about these decommits as anyone. However, is it possible these kids saw the work that CWM expected and decoded it wasn't what they wanted and moved on? You guys are correct we do have one of the best def. minds in football, however, maybe these kids just don't want to put the work in that is needed for them. In that case, it is best they moved on. JMHO

I doubt anyone would consider a bama football drill a walk in the park or an easier route than AU.

Probably some of the guys get "high pressured" into committing....to make a coach happy..and then have reservations later on. Best they figure out what they want to do first...but most 17 year olds are not that resolute in their decisions.... about anything from my experience.

Only what Gus said when he was hired. I don't recall anything being said that jay Jacobs played any role in him being hired. I mean why would Jay stop with Garner, I mean he could just line up Gus's entire staff with "his" guys....Gus does not seem to be the type that would allow anyone to influence his hiring decisions...he has absolute control of this program without Jacobs influences.

Fair enough. Why is RG the only D staff member on the staff that did not get let go after last year? It dang sure was not based on DL on the field production. I will give you the "Lawson was hurt" as 1 excuse. Again, should our DL greatly improve this year on the field, then I will be glad to post on this and other boards that RG earned his paycheck.

wde

Just a thought.

wde

Seriously why the hate on Garner? It isn't enough that you spew it on this board but have to go to another board and start a whole new thread when there was already one about the decomit? Did he steal your lunch money, girl, car? Or is it that you don't know much about recruiting and are seriously disappointed that a 3* decommitted and another decommitted when he was offered a grey shirt at his dream school? Really, we have a long way to go before February. Have you done a little research on who CRG is the lead recruiter on? Maybe some of these kids were caught up in the excitement and committed and then re-evaluated it post getting away from campus...We all know that you don't like CRG but how about for the sake of argument that you present some better options for a DL coach or see who else we are in on for DT and DE this year in recruiting...or is it that you have your favorite kids and these two were part of those? Whatever the reason please explain a little and bring more to the discussion instead of being a repeat "Chicken Little" on CRG...

I get much less stressed by 3* recruits decommitting in June than 4 & 5*s in January.

2 things: 1st, if he's going to grey shirt at Bama why the hell are we so butt hurt about him decommitting? 2nd Its June. Chances are by February we will fill over 1/3 of our class with players who were at one time committed elsewhere and lose someone currently committed to us.

I don't want someone who's not good enough to play at Bama, if they can't play there they can't play at AU. The little brother mentality went out the door when Gus brought Champ in.

2 things: 1st, if he's going to grey shirt at Bama why the hell are we so butt hurt about him decommitting? 2nd Its June. Chances are by February we will fill over 1/3 of our class with players who were at one time committed elsewhere and lose someone currently committed to us.

I don't want someone who's not good enough to play at Bama, if they can't play there they can't play at AU. The little brother mentality went out the door when Gus brought Champ in.

^^ I endorse this post 100%

wde

Just a thought.

wde

Seriously why the hate on Garner? It isn't enough that you spew it on this board but have to go to another board and start a whole new thread when there was already one about the decomit? Did he steal your lunch money, girl, car? Or is it that you don't know much about recruiting and are seriously disappointed that a 3* decommitted and another decommitted when he was offered a grey shirt at his dream school? Really, we have a long way to go before February. Have you done a little research on who CRG is the lead recruiter on? Maybe some of these kids were caught up in the excitement and committed and then re-evaluated it post getting away from campus...We all know that you don't like CRG but how about for the sake of argument that you present some better options for a DL coach or see who else we are in on for DT and DE this year in recruiting...or is it that you have your favorite kids and these two were part of those? Whatever the reason please explain a little and bring more to the discussion instead of being a repeat "Chicken Little" on CRG...

LOL, what is your user name on ITAT and why don't you use the same one on this board? I totally agree that there is a long way until Feb 2016 and should we sign a very good DT class and should our DL play on the field during this upcoming season improve greatly, I will be happy to post complimentary things about RG and say I was wrong.

There are many above average DL coaches that would have come to AU, but to be specific, I think Muschamp's DL coach at UF would have been a better option as would T Rocker. T Rocker has always been a much better on the field coach than RG, but until the past couple of years, RG has always been the much better recruiter. I think hiring Rocker would have been a long shot though.

I do not hate RG. I just think he has always been an average at best on the field DL who made his reputation by being a very good to elite recruiter. I was happy when he was hired because of the recruiting aspect. However; his recruiting has not been up to par last year and until today, this year. I think RG is mailing it in. Again, no hate, I want our football program to be the best it can be.

What is your user name on ITAT again? Thanks

wde

wde

Just a thought.

wde

LOL, what is your user name on ITAT and why don't you use the same one on this board? I totally agree that there is a long way until Feb 2016 and should we sign a very good DT class and should our DL play on the field during this upcoming season improve greatly, I will be happy to post complimentary things about RG and say I was wrong.

There are many above average DL coaches that would have come to AU, but to be specific, I think Muschamp's DL coach at UF would have been a better option as would T Rocker. T Rocker has always been a much better on the field coach than RG, but until the past couple of years, RG has always been the much better recruiter. I think hiring Rocker would have been a long shot though.

I do not hate RG. I just think he has always been an average at best on the field DL who made his reputation by being a very good to elite recruiter. I was happy when he was hired because of the recruiting aspect. However; his recruiting has not been up to par last year and until today, this year. I think RG is mailing it in. Again, no hate, I want our football program to be the best it can be.

wde

While at GA, Garner coached 27 players who were drafted in the NFL. They all didn't get drafted on talent alone. He coached them. If that's an average coach I wish we had 10 more just like him.

wde

Just a thought.

wde

wde

While at GA, Garner coached 27 players who were drafted in the NFL. They all didn't get drafted on talent alone. He coached them. If that's an average coach I wish we had 10 more just like him.

David Pollack has said (before RG was hired at AU) that RG was a terrible DL coach. Sometimes talent and effort alone does get you drafted.

wde

Pollack was a great player

He is very much a tool

Don't care what he thinks of CRG ... A guy who will dog his college position coach is ... Well I don't think it speaks well of pollacj

wde

Just a thought.

wde

wde

I'm indifferent on this topic, but we all agree the talent pool in GA is substantially better than AL any given year, right? Arguably, CRG had a much easier time recruiting in-state talent to UGA than getting those same kids to play out of state for AU. The fact the Pruitt/Rocker are building a fence around the state just magnifies the issue. This is why we are recruiting D talent outside of the normal areas and thanks to CLT we are getting interest from upper East coast kids.

Well fortunately Gus has run his offense against Rocker's DLine for two years, Pelton's for one, and CRG's for two and watched these coaches recruit over these time frames. CWM has also worked with Lawing and the UT DL coaches over the years. I am confident they can make a good assessment of how CRG compares to the other DL around the league in terms of on the field coaching and recruiting. It's also clear that Gus and JJ will make a change if necessary. I think Williams and Marshall may have been played UAT, but time will tell. Last year, we didn't recruit the defensive ends well through the fall, but that meant we had the spots for Cowart and Prince on signing day. I trust Gus and Will have got this.

Pollack was a great player

He is very much a tool

Don't care what he thinks of CRG ... A guy who will dog his college position coach is ... Well I don't think it speaks well of pollacj

Archived