2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TTFWIW, (and I'm not sure where this sits on the no rumor policy of this forum) but.....

There is a pretty thorough account of what likely happened per CeCe's cousin (seemingly confirmed) on another board. The posts are pretty spread out because many of them reflect things as they happened, and a lot of it covers stuff we already know but the synopsis was/is this:

Roughly two weeks ago, CeCe and his family had decided he would go to Bama. His father has a very good relationship with Bo Davis and was much more comfortable with the stability of UA's program than UF's. CeCe was also apparently on board. His childhood love was still UF but UA seemed like the best decision for him at the time. However, on Tuesday morning, CeCe decided that the chance to live out his childhood dream was too much to pass up and he was instead going to sign with UF. Around this same time, the news about Terrell Williams was coming to a head, and according to the cousin Tuesday night included "a lot of cussing and mixed feelings about things" (this was posted Tuesday night, prior to NSD). The reason for the heated discussion was not given but the timing of the change of heart and the perceived act of deceit on the part of the UF staff seems the likely culprit.

Nevertheless, CeCe proceeded to go through with announcement to UF despite still harboring a few lingering doubts, and his parents harboring even more. However, the family never intended to send in the NLI on Wednesday, intending to fax it from CeCe's school Thursday morning, and as the day went on, those doubts seemed to grow, which lead to the situation we have now.

As of now, the feeling of the cousin (a big UF fan ftr) is that CeCe is much more willing to forgive the UF staff than his father, though is not 100% sold. After all, he is still a 19 year old kid with the chance to play for his dream school. His father is still very very distrusting of the UF staff and its stability and had grown to fancy the idea CeCe leaving the distractions of home to go to school. His dad still wants Bama, but seems to be first and foremost "anywhere but UF".

As for my own unsolicited opinion: I think that if UF is truly where CeCe wants to be, then I think that is where he will end up. I do believe the whole family will need to be on board with any decision though, and I don't think that will happen until UF hires a DL coach that dad signs off on. I think that UF and UA are the favorites at this point because they have been the two most recent favorites. I think Ole Miss is out, and AU is the dark horse. While he may not have the same fondness for the AU staff that he does for the UA staff, all indications are that dad does trust our coaches and would sign off on AU. While AU may not be CeCe's "dream school", it is the school that all his friends just committed too. That may be enough to make it a home away from home. I think right now, if either side gets its way completely it will be UA or UF, but that we have a very good chance to be the compromise.

snapback.pngEd_, on Today, 11:03 AM, said:

Well then why don't you talk about how horrible Muschamp is since he learned from Saban too?

Learning how to be a douche and actually being one are entirely two different things.

TTFWIW, (and I'm not sure where this sits on the no rumor policy of this forum) but.....

There is a pretty thorough account of what likely happened per CeCe's cousin (seemingly confirmed) on another board. The posts are pretty spread out because many of them reflect things as they happened, and a lot of it covers stuff we already know but the synopsis was/is this:

Roughly two weeks ago, CeCe and his family had decided he would go to Bama. His father has a very good relationship with Bo Davis and was much more comfortable with the stability of UA's program than UF's. CeCe was also apparently on board. His childhood love was still UF but UA seemed like the best decision for him at the time. However, on Tuesday morning, CeCe decided that the chance to live out his childhood dream was too much to pass up and he was instead going to sign with UF. Around this same time, the news about Terrell Williams was coming to a head, and according to the cousin Tuesday night included "a lot of cussing and mixed feelings about things" (this was posted Tuesday night, prior to NSD). The reason for the heated discussion was not given but the timing of the change of heart and the perceived act of deceit on the part of the UF staff seems the likely culprit.

Nevertheless, CeCe proceeded to go through with announcement to UF despite still harboring a few lingering doubts, and his parents harboring even more. However, the family never intended to send in the NLI on Wednesday, intending to fax it from CeCe's school Thursday morning, and as the day went on, those doubts seemed to grow, which lead to the situation we have now.

As of now, the feeling of the cousin (a big UF fan ftr) is that CeCe is much more willing to forgive the UF staff than his father, though is not 100% sold. After all, he is still a 19 year old kid with the chance to play for his dream school. His father is still very very distrusting of the UF staff and it's stability and had grown to fancy the idea CeCe leaving the distractions of home to go to school. His dad still wants Bama, but seems to be first and foremost "anywhere but UF".

As for my own unsolicited opinion: I think that if UF is truly where CeCe wants to be, then I think that is where he will end up. I do believe the whole family will need to be on board with any decision though, and I don't think that will happen until UF hires a DL coach that dad signs off on. I think that UF and UA are the favorites at this point because they have been the two most recent favorites. I think Ole Miss is out, and AU is the dark horse. While he may not have the same fondness for the AU staff that he does for the UA staff, all indications are that dad does trust our coaches and would sign off on AU. While AU may not be CeCe's "dream school", it is the school that all his friends just committed too. That may be enough to make it a home a way from home. I think right now, if either side gets its way completely it will be UA or UF, but that we have a very good chance to be the compromise.

sounds about right

snapback.pngEd_, on Today, 11:03 AM, said:

Well then why don't you talk about how horrible Muschamp is since he learned from Saban too?

Learning how to be a douche and actually being one are entirely two different things.

If Saban was being a douche with recruiting I doubt he'd have #1 recruiting classes year after year. Hate the guy if you want but he knows how to recruit and he's been phenomenal at it at every school he's been at.

The way McElwain is recruiting it looks more like he didn't learn anything from Saban rather than learned everything from him.

Since the Florida coaches appear to have not been upfront with CeCe, I predict he wil now come to AU with Byron and Jeff. His parents seem to think it would be good for him to go out of state. If we do't get him, I think the only other team that could get him is Ole Miss. Bama has too many fish in their pond already.

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1734086

War Eagle!!

I sure hope you're right. Would be a stacked DL. Coaches can be in contact with him thru the phone, but not in person. That's the bad thing for UF...he won't be able to meet his new pos. coach. I think this thing will take a long time to resolve.

Merged other two threads from AU recruiting forum to here today. Please do not make another thread of him on AU recruiting forum. Thanks.

Chris Rumph was just officially hired as UF's new DL coach. Things should move quickly now.

Just my opinion...... Not necessarily.

i wonder if signing day will transform from someone revealing their school of choice to someone actually sending the fax and that being the moment the cheers come. Would definitely stop this type of nonsense.

Chris Rumph was just officially hired as UF's new DL coach. Things should move quickly now.

Just my opinion...... Not necessarily.

Quickly being a relative term. I don't think anything was going to happen one way or another until this hire was made. And until very recently, this hire was very much in doubt.

My wish for next year: Stud recruit has fax machine at table, he signs LOI, sends the fax (himself) and then puts on the AU hat.

I guarantee you that ESPN has people in a conference room right now spitballing FaxCam ideas.

My wish for next year: Stud recruit has fax machine at table, he signs LOI, sends the fax (himself) and then puts on the AU hat.

I guarantee you that ESPN has people in a conference room right now spitballing FaxCam ideas.

I kind of doubt that. This stuff creates drama and drama increases ratings. Fax cam would reduce the drama so it's more likely they would be actively against doing anything like that.

Also, this maybe the last "national signing day" of it's kind in college football. There's considerable support leading up to a vote this June to introduce a 72 hour early signing period window for college football, 3d week of December, to coincide with the Junior college transfer signing period.

I just don't know why he would choose UF now regardless of this being his dream school. I mean if they lied to him once then who is to say they won't lie to him again. Although, If he doesn't come to Auburn I would rather him be at UF than Bama or Ole Miss.

Also, this maybe the last "national signing day" of it's kind in college football. There's considerable support leading up to a vote this June to introduce a 72 hour early signing period window for college football, 3d week of December, to coincide with the Junior college transfer signing period.

ive always been in favor of an early signing period, but have it linked to a percentage of your class overall ir a specific number ... Say 5-10 signees. Also, the kids should have an out of the head coach (only) is replaced

Courtney Jasmin @CourtneyReports · 26m26 minutes ago

Just spoke with
@cecejeferson7
. He's still committed to
#Florida
and could possibly send in his
#LOI
as

early as Saturday.

CeCe retweeted this, seemingly corroborating it. At this point I almost hope he ends up there because he is certainly setting himself up for an even bigger backlash if he flips.

Courtney Jasmin @CourtneyReports · 26m26 minutes ago

Just spoke with
@cecejeferson7
. He's still committed to
#Florida
and could possibly send in his
#LOI
as

early as Saturday.

CeCe retweeted this, seemingly corroborating it. At this point I almost hope he ends up there because he is certainly setting himself up for an even bigger backlash if he flips.

Again, why wait?

I just don't know why he would choose UF now regardless of this being his dream school. I mean if they lied to him once then who is to say they won't lie to him again.

There are very mixed reports regarding Florida "lying". To be completely honest; I'd be willing to believe Florida's story regarding him knowing Williams was leaving with CeCe and company using it as a convenient excuse for their actions. This whole thing is behind his father 100%; his actions have been highly suspicious during the entire process. What happened is that he wanted his son elsewhere, with there being lots of talk late that Alabama was his top choice.

He'll likely end up at Florida, which is where he wanted to go anyway.

My understanding is that they did know about this coach leaving, but they were told a couple of weeks ago by a rival school recruiting him. Florida didn't tell them anything.

There is some disagreement about where he should go. He wants to go to UF and his mom likes UF too. His dad and stepmom think he needs to get away from his hometown and some of his friends and be on his own more, so they would prefer he go to Ole Miss, Bama or Auburn.

I think in the end he stays with UF too.

Archived