2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, first of all, I don't think anyone at Florida told Cece that Williams was leaving. If I had to guess, I would say it was a coach from another school, so he committed as he'd planned to, but held off on sending in the LOI just in case. Now that he knows Williams is, in fact, leaving, he is reevaluating the situation. At least, that seems reasonable to me.

As for all this crap about how NOW IS THE TIME TO DECIDE and the blame game going on against Jefferson, let us not forget that this kid is still three years from being able to legally purchase an alcoholic beverage, and this decision is one that affects the rest of his life. I know how much all the Sunday morning QBs think that he should be on their schedule, but the fact of the matter is that those demanding a decision are essentially throwing a hissy fit because they aren't getting their way. So ask yourself this: how does his decision to sign affect you personally? Because it isn't your life that he's making a decision about, it's his.

I would suggest anyone getting too worked up about this take a step back (maybe even to the point of not paying attention to recruiting at all for a while), breathe, and remember that the sun is warm, the grass is green, and Auburn is still Auburn.

while I agree with alot of points... him being far way from buying alcohol has nothing to do with this.

he can decide where he wants to go to college and play football... he brought in a little drama so nothing new here.

The only blame game is coming from UF fans.

here's to hope

:cheers:/>

Not sure if you're ribbing him, but I believe the alcohol reference was to let it sink in to everyone just how young he really is.

Biggest mistake Mac made was not keeping Lawing on board and letting him run off to FSU. Cece would have been locked down....plus Lawing is a very good coach. He risked the flashy NFL hire and it bit him in the butt when he ran back to the NFL.

Biggest mistake Mac made was not keeping Lawing on board and letting him run off to FSU. Cece would have been locked down....plus Lawing is a very good coach. He risked the flashy NFL hire and it bit him in the butt when he ran back to the NFL.

If Lawing were employed at UF sill , Cowart wouldn't of signed with us, I dont think

Before this gets moved i will donate 2cents. I don't want him. Nothing against him but it seems he chose UF and still wants UF. I prefer not to get a kid because his dad don't allow him to go where he wants. Good luck straightening it out, but i bet Brent Callaway feels the same.

If Lawing were employed at UF sill , Cowart wouldn't of signed with us, I dont think

so which coach is it that CeCe s dad is upset about?

Their DL coach that was hired last month, only to leave yesterday.

Yep. Florida is a giant mess right now. Had a very small signing class and have been lying to recruits. Also didn't even bother to call CeCe about him not sending the letter and instead sent some kind of request for the letter to be sent asap so they could go on vacation. They are a joke right now.

I know nothing about what is going on here, but my old age wisdom is telling me that we might be better off if we stay away from this....from a distance, it appears that more is going on here than meets the eye....and ya'll know what I mean

Yep. Florida is a giant mess right now. Had a very small signing class and have been lying to recruits. Also didn't even bother to call CeCe about him not sending the letter and instead sent some kind of request for the letter to be sent asap so they could go on vacation. They are a joke right now.

I feel bad for Tez. CeCe can still not jump into that mess. Tez signed up for it. Normally, I think kids can pretty much choose any good school with a good team and get a good education and have fun playing ball. But this does not bode well for UF at all.

I know nothing about what is going on here, but my old age wisdom is telling me that we might be better off if we stay away from this....from a distance, it appears that more is going on here than meets the eye....and ya'll know what I mean

Agreed

What's going on is that CeCe is a Gator at heart, but they've done him wrong. His parents are trying to protect him from signing with UF, since they are old enough to know it's a mistake. That's all that's going on.

The longer he waits, the better chance we have fwiw.

The longer he waits, the more opportunities UF fans have to dig a deep hole for themselves.

The longer he waits, the more opportunities UF fans have to dig a deep hole for themselves.

Bingo.

What's going on is that CeCe is a Gator at heart, but they've done him wrong. His parents are trying to protect him from signing with UF, since they are old enough to know it's a mistake. That's all that's going on.

This^^ mcelwain learned from the biggest liar and cheater in college football, Saban

Getting to the point where I think it'd be pretty sweet if improprieties were discovered coming from FLA and or Ole Miss.

Okay, first of all, I don't think anyone at Florida told Cece that Williams was leaving. If I had to guess, I would say it was a coach from another school, so he committed as he'd planned to, but held off on sending in the LOI just in case. Now that he knows Williams is, in fact, leaving, he is reevaluating the situation. At least, that seems reasonable to me.

As for all this crap about how NOW IS THE TIME TO DECIDE and the blame game going on against Jefferson, let us not forget that this kid is still three years from being able to legally purchase an alcoholic beverage, and this decision is one that affects the rest of his life. I know how much all the Sunday morning QBs think that he should be on their schedule, but the fact of the matter is that those demanding a decision are essentially throwing a hissy fit because they aren't getting their way. So ask yourself this: how does his decision to sign affect you personally? Because it isn't your life that he's making a decision about, it's his.

I would suggest anyone getting too worked up about this take a step back (maybe even to the point of not paying attention to recruiting at all for a while), breathe, and remember that the sun is warm, the grass is green, and Auburn is still Auburn.

while I agree with alot of points... him being far way from buying alcohol has nothing to do with this.

he can decide where he wants to go to college and play football... he brought in a little drama so nothing new here.

The only blame game is coming from UF fans.

here's to hope

:cheers:/>

The amount of time between his age now and the legal age at which he can purchase alcohol is an attempt to keep things in perspective as to exactly how young he is and how much he is having to reevaluate things now that his position coach left the day after NSD. In essence, I'm saying give the kid a little bit of time to think things through so that he is allowed to make the proper choice, because he can't change contracts at the drop of a hat like coaches can.

As for the blame game, do me a favor and read the following series of posts:

Just curious, how long does this saga keep going and how will it end????

I mean, fine CeCe now knows his DL coach won't be returning, now its time to make a decision.

Why? Why is it now time to make a decision?

What more information does he need???? Now he knows everything.

Please explain to me how that ISN'T blaming him for not being able to make a snap decision, since "now he knows everything." I am sick and tired of how people who have nothing to do with recruiting beyond reading message boards and talking trash to their friends treat the process. They've been waiting with baited breath for weeks/months leading up to NSD, so they morph into message board babies kicking and screaming about how unfair it is to have to wait any more.

Now, please don't regard this as a shot at you, because that's not how I mean it. I'm simply trying to convey exactly how serious a matter this is...and I'm not just talking about recruits and their decisions. As fans, we cannot allow these types of things to control our emotions so much. It's just not healthy. Now, I admit, I was going through a very rough stretch two falls ago, and the ride that Nick Marshall, Tre Mason, and the rest took us on made more difference to me than I like to acknowledge, because it gave me something positive to cling to amidst all that was going wrong in my life. But at the end of the day, the fact that it DID make such a difference to me, especially compared to the undefeated runs in 04 and 10, is evidence of how much things were not going well for me.

Thus, if the decision of a high school senior is really such a big a deal to anyone, then, as I said, that person needs to take a step back to remember that the sun is still warm, the grass is still green, and Auburn is still Auburn. On the other hand, if it's just impatience talking, then that person needs a reality check regarding perspective.

Two years from now, the vast majority of people raising cane won't even remember how all this went down. However, for Jefferson, two years from now he might be preparing for a junior season in which he's an early favorite for several awards with extremely good prospects regarding going pro early...or he might be struggling through classes because he never clicked with his coach, but he loves UF so much he couldn't leave and now he has to make sure he gets his degree so that he can make a living...or he might be preparing for his first season playing for a new team after either transferring to a JUCO or being forced to sit out due to NCAA transfer rules.

So how fair is it to say definitively that now he knows everything, and he should just hurry up and make a decision? Yes, he is an adult, and that's part of life. But NSD is only NSD because it's the first day a prospect can sign, not the deadline to make a decision. I don't think it's asking too much to respect the kids who are trying to sort through everything that has changed in order to see how those changes might affect everything else they have put into the decision making process.

Apologies for getting up on a soap box, but I really question how much some of these message board warriors understand they are talking about living, breathing human beings, rather than digitally generated avatars on a video game.

This^^ mcelwain learned from the biggest liar and cheater in college football, Saban

Well then why don't you talk about how horrible Muschamp is since he learned from Saban too?

Archived