Early 2015 schedule predictions

AUwent

What the title says. Being in the slowest period of the year, between NSD and spring practice, I figure now is a good time to look at our schedule for this year and make early predictions.

9/5--Louisville (Atlanta) W

9/12--Jacksonville State W

9/19--@ LSU L

9/26--MSU W

10/3--SJSU W

10/15--@ Kentucky W

10/24--@ Arkansas L

10/31--Mississippi W

11/7--@ Texas A&M W

11/14--Georgia L

11/28--Alabama W

Again, it's early. But what the heck, I'm bored. LOL

Unless LSU gets Braxton Miller, I feel very good about our chances of getting our first win in Baton Rouge in a long time. Muschamp will tighten up our run defense to stop Fournette and I don't believe that their QB's will be able to beat us. I'm also not convinced that Kevin Steele is a good D-coordinator. I think LSU's defense may take a step back next year.

The stretch between Ole Miss & Georgia will be very tough. But I absolutely believe that we're finally going to kick UGA's tail next year. The Alabama game, the A&M game, and the Arkansas game are the ones that concern me. But I think we don't lose more than one game next year.

9/19--@ LSU W

9/26--MSU W

10/3--SJSU W

10/15--@ Kentucky W

10/24--@ Arkansas W

10/31--Mississippi W

11/7--@ Texas A&M W

11/14--Georgia W

11/28--Alabama W

IF, our OL gels quickly and the defense grasp the new scheme from CWM. Otherwise I could see us dropping a game early, even the Louisville game, and gathering momentum as the season goes on. I think the most likely loss is TAM regardless.

9/5--Louisville (Atlanta) 44-24

9/12--Jacksonville State 69-14

9/19--@ LSU 33-17 (no QB)

9/26--MSU 42-20 (we play hungry after last year, coming out party for this defense)

10/3--SJSU 72-20

10/15--@ Kentucky 46-28 (closer than It appears type game)

10/24--@ Arkansas can't pick

10/31--Mississippi 35-17 (no QB)

11/7--@ Texas A&M L

11/14--Georgia 50-33 (Duke plays out his mind for the game he missed)

11/28--Alabama Revenge, we stick our pigskin down Alabama's throat.

Reality says, too early to tell.

However, I predict we will be even better on offense (we get Kozan back), new comer (with a full years a SEC starter in Golson).Jovon and Roc are a knock out punch.

Add Jeremy Johnson's accuracy, Duke Williams ability as a wide out, and Ricardo Lewis, gets to second level. Marcus Davis starts to show why we recruited him early on.

Defense will be much, much better. We get Lawson back, and new comer 5 star Byron Cowart will be on the other side of Lawson and coming into his groove by the fourth game.

We are better at linebacker on defense than I remember in some time. Cass and Frost have the experience and talent, and the backups are superb! Look for 2014 5 star Tre Williams to have a great season in the rotation. Anthony Swain is solid as well.

DBs will be much improved. Former GA. Safety Matthews is a huge get. Johnathan Jones showed last year why he is a gem and we have others to take up those roles who are 2nd year 4 stars like Bessent and Roberts who will be in the rotation.

Offensively, top 5 in the nation. Defense top 20. I would not be surprised to see the D break into the top 10 by the end of the year! Muschamp and staff must be super excited with the talent we had and just brought on board.

I feel really, really good about this team in 2015 and 2016. We are loaded with talent and we have the proven coaching staff that can take us to the next level.

No sure with our schedule and depth we lose a game this year. If we do, one game at most early. By the end of the season our team will be unstoppable!

I refuse to make predictions now after last season. Too many variables come into play. But if I had to I'd say at best, 1 loss or undefeated. If there's issues like last season, it could be a 9-4 type of year.

nice thread, AUwent! I tend to be optimistic every season whether I should be or not. Same for this season, but I think there are good reasons to think we will do very well. The offense should be very good, depending on how well the OL comes together. The defense will have to be better (it only has one direction it can go, after all). But of course we will have a game where things just don't click for us. I'm guessing that will be Arkansas.

Nobody's willing to make a pick on the 11/21 Idaho game, I see.

Okay. Fine. I'll walk out on that limb.

We win big. You heard it here first.

Nobody's willing to make a pick on the 11/21 Idaho game, I see.

Okay. Fine. I'll walk out on that limb.

We win big. You heard it here first.

We're all scared of the vandals, i just assume not play them

What the title says. Being in the slowest period of the year, between NSD and spring practice, I figure now is a good time to look at our schedule for this year and make early predictions.

9/19--@ LSU L

9/26--MSU W

10/3--SJSU W

10/15--@ Kentucky W

10/24--@ Arkansas L

10/31--Mississippi W

11/7--@ Texas A&M W

11/14--Georgia L

11/21--Idaho W

11/28--Alabama W

Again, it's early. But what the heck, I'm bored. LOL

Fixed. I'm really going out on a limb with that Idaho game. LOL

The game @Kentucky is going to be a challenge, I suspect. They seemed scrappy last year and their QB is a gamer.

All the games vs. West teams will be tough. Everyone will have improved, with the possible exception of Miss State on D.

Georgia -- all I can say is we better win big.

I think we can handle Kentucky, but they are no pushover. Same with Louisville.

The final record will depend a lot on how our O-line comes together and on how well our D does. If we make the leap in improvement on D I'm hoping for, we will be a very difficult team to beat (maybe even win them all). If not, I think we're looking at something very much like this year.

All the games vs. West teams will be tough. Everyone will have improved, with the possible exception of Miss State on D.

The final record will depend a lot on how our O-line comes together and on how well our D does. If we make the leap in improvement on D I'm hoping for, we will be a very difficult team to beat (maybe even win them all). If not, I think we're looking at something very much like this year.

I was thinking we should just score more points then the other team, we'll probably win if we do that. What do you think Britt? ;)/>

I was thinkunf we should just score more points then the other team, we'll probably win if we do that. What do you think Britt? ;)

Not necessarily

I'd set our total at 9.5-10 wins.

Highest probability of a loss will be to these teams in this order:

AM

Arky

Bammer

Georgia

* not saying we lose all those games just predicting which teams we have highest probability to lose to*

Most satisfying wins next year would be:

@ LSU - We need a win in Baton Rouge and we catch them early in the year. They come off a road game at Miss St and we come off a home game against Jacksonville St.

@ Arkansas - Arkansas probably wants to beat us more than any other SEC team and they will be much improved next year. A win by any margin would be great.

@ Texas A&M - They've had our number since coming into the SEC and we beat them on the road last time out. Hope we go in with a bad taste in our mouths from last year.

Georgia - We got embarrassed last year, plain and simple.

Bama - No explanation needed.

I don't think our coaches or players would concede anything at this point. If the defense improves like we expect it will I don't think any team on the schedule can beat them, so I will say undefeated.

Georgia, Louisville, and Alabama will be only teams on schedule we could lose to. LSU doesn't have a QB and we should have a defense next year that can stop a run only team, same with Arkansas, Ole Miss doesn't have a running game or a QB, Miss state peaked half way through season their Mojo is gone, Texas A&M has shown they can play O but haven't shown any D in SEC yet DE's should disrupt the A&M QB. We should beat GA but we have to be going strong by then and believe we can. Bama is Bama it will be a war because it is Bama versus Auburn in the Iron Bowl. Playing at home will help a lot. Louisville scares me as we have to rebuild O-Line and it takes time for an O-line to get chemistry. A win against Louisville could be really big as momentum can carry a team a long way.

I'd rather beat Bama, then UGA, of any teams on the schedule. aTm needs a beatdown. So does Louisville, because of Petrino. I put them up with Arkansas, because of Bert.

Kentucky can be a trap game just like the Kansas State game. It is a Thursday night game on the road and Kentucky is slowly but surely getting better. I think Auburn puts them away in the second half.

Louisville will be a tough first test, but playing in ATL will practically be like a home game. They lost a lot of their defensive players this past year, but they'll still be really good. We'll win the rest of our non-conference. Ole Miss might struggle a little bit. They need to find a run game, but feel good about playing them and State at home. We'll be looking for revenge against MSU. LSU is just a tough place to play, but that's about it. They have a great run game, but need to find a QB. Don't know about Steele as DC. A&M and Arkansas are going to be really tough. If our defense has improved, then we will be ok against them. UGA and Bama are toss ups, but they are at home. So chances are really good this year with a favorable home schedule. Don't forget about UK at their place on Thursday night. Potential trap game. But they don't quite have enough talent to pull it off. We're set up for success, just have to capitalize on every opportunity.

Unless LSU gets Braxton Miller, I feel very good about our chances of getting our first win in Baton Rouge in a long time. Muschamp will tighten up our run defense to stop Fournette and I don't believe that their QB's will be able to beat us. I'm also not convinced that Kevin Steele is a good D-coordinator. I think LSU's defense may take a step back next year.

The stretch between Ole Miss & Georgia will be very tough. But I absolutely believe that we're finally going to kick UGA's tail next year. The Alabama game, the A&M game, and the Arkansas game are the ones that concern me. But I think we don't lose more than one game next year.

I don't get the LSU pre-season hype. Did they not watch their QBs? Plus they lost one of the best DC in the SEC. I don't get it. Just play solid defense b/c I don't see LSU being able to match us scoring.

Archived