2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recruiting continues to suck. The only hope we have is his commitment is supposedly dependent on Cam Cameron staying at LSU.

Recruiting continues to suck. The only hope we have is his commitment is supposedly dependent on Cam Cameron staying at LSU.

Your melts have become significantly worse through the last couple months.

Kellen Mond is now the top target according to KN. He is committed to Baylor and is a Texas native.

Gotta love it when our top target is a QB who is committed to another school. :/

Well at least he is giving us a real look. He's planning on visiting AU for a 3rd time soon & hopes to get his parents to come as well.

Only way Mond ends up at AU is if Art leaves Baylor. Gus should have taken the kid that recommitted to Miami. He was ready to commit to AU but Gus slow played him for Lowell.

Lowell would only return the AU coaches calls about half the time. That should have told Gus everything he needed about Lowell's real interest in AU. But hey it's just May.

Kellen Mond is now the top target according to KN. He is committed to Baylor and is a Texas native.

Gotta love it when our top target is a QB who is committed to another school. :/

Well at least he is giving us a real look. He's planning on visiting AU for a 3rd time soon & hopes to get his parents to come as well.

Only way Mond ends up at AU is if Art leaves Baylor. Gus should have taken the kid that recommitted to Miami. He was ready to commit to AU but Gus slow played him for Lowell.

N'kosi Perry

Lowell would only return the AU coaches calls about half the time. That should have told Gus everything he needed about Lowell's real interest in AU. But hey it's just May.

No need to troll or be sarcastic. Some people will actually believe you are being sincere. Just speak to what you feel is reality. If people can't handle it then that's on them. We both know we are behind in 2017 and getting pounded on the recruiting trail. Sure things can change but that's where things are now.

^Agreed. From what you've heard, will how well our recruiting class is doing be a factor in whether Gus keeps his job? Are these problems that can be fixed by making changes if need be?

^Agreed. From what you've heard, will how well our recruiting class is doing be a factor in whether Gus keeps his job? Are these problems that can be fixed by making changes if need be?

You are grasping for positives where there aren't many. Just follow AU women's sports til the men's teams pick up. Your heart & blood pressure will thank you.

We haven't had a period of sustained bad play since the '70s. Is this turning into it? Why the heck is our athletics department being let off the hook for this?! I do not understand!

We haven't had a period of sustained bad play since the '70s. Is this turning into it? Why the heck is our athletics department being let off the hook for this?! I do not understand!

Well it's not sustained bad now, not w/ football at least. The AD is a business. Gogue places more emphasis on making money & graduating student athletes over winning. As long as those things keep happening like they are it don't appear there will be much change at all.

Didn't Jake Bentley commit to SC? What other QB's are left on Auburn's board.

Kellen Mond id the only known guy on the board. He's committed to Baylor.

Step back from the ledge.

2010 - National Champs

2011 - ok

2012 - bad

2013 - Played in the BCS title game

2014 - ok

2015 - .500 team

That's not sustained bad play and this is nothing like the late 70s.

I'll also add, there's only been four SEC schools to make 2 or more appearances in the National Championship game in the last 20 years.

Auburn

Bama

Florida

LSU

There's a lot of schools that would love to have accomplished what we have.

Take a drink and step back. We'll be fine in a year maybe 5 years or so

Realistically I think we probably give Gus until 2018 IF he makes necessary changes on the staff in case of a bad year. If third time's a charm for Gus with Barrett, and if we don't add anyone too difficult OOC, 2018 could mean a run.

^ Five years would count as what I voiced concern over.

^I don't believe at the time being that we're going to do much better than 2015 for the rest of the decade, so who knows how long that would take. You look at the rock star coaching staff LSU has assembled and it does not appear to me that Gus knows what he's doing. I hope I'm wrong, and maybe getting EJ would change my mood.

We had one of those rock star coaching staffs last year. The results were not rock star results. There are better pieces in place at Auburn this year and we should see better results. Take a deep breath and step back from the edge. You are making yourself crazy for no reason at all.

We produced top 5 caliber teams every 2-4 years since our undefeated 2004 season but here's my favorite - in our recent undefeated, national title and national title game years, AP had us start the season #17, #22 and unranked.

^I don't believe at the time being that we're going to do much better than 2015 for the rest of the decade, so who knows how long that would take. You look at the rock star coaching staff LSU has assembled and it does not appear to me that Gus knows what he's doing. I hope I'm wrong, and maybe getting EJ would change my mood.

We had one of those rock star coaching staffs last year. The results were not rock star results. There are better pieces in place at Auburn this year and we should see better results. Take a deep breath and step back from the edge. You are making yourself crazy for no reason at all.

When the D plays lights out this year, most of the credit should go to one of the ex-rockstar coaches AU had last year.

There is no, none, zip excuse for the way the offense played last year. None. And he thinks he is the biggest rockstar of the group. Has the car to prove it. :wareagle::bananadance::hellyeah:

This is a serious trend that is helping to sink his O...he shoots too high for his QBs...when he doesn't quite have the reputation to land them. Spending time chasing Watson, Harris, Francois, Narcisse, etc. when we'd be better off if he "settled" for Pass and Jackson.

This is a serious trend that is helping to sink his O...he shoots too high for his QBs...when he doesn't quite have the reputation to land them. Spending time chasing Watson, Harris, Francois, Narcisse, etc. when we'd be better off if he "settled" for Pass and Jackson.

He's landed Cam Newton, Kiehl Frazier, Jeremy Johnson, maybe Joey Gatewood... those are some solid names.

And I love that he's going after the best. Do you seriously not want him to even try for a Deshaun Watson? Now if he's got no traction with a kid like WDE pointed out with Narcisse, then yeah, he should be working on Plan B. But hell yes he should absolutely try to land the best.

Archived