2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

went ahead and broke down and watched his Hudl's highlights. Good god this guy is a PERFECT fit for that 2013 offense. His ball placement...lord.

If I was Gus, I'd send the entire offensive staff to stay at where ever he lives at. I want Harbaugh level recruiting at this man

JMO but he committed too early. Not surprised that he all of a sudden missed the excitement of the recruitment process .....did not sound like AU was permanently off the board to me .....

With the QB play at LSU this year and him being from La. I would bet that he was getting a lot of local heat. Unless you have been a teams fan your whole life then committing 2 years before signing day is probably not a great idea for most kids. There are exceptions bit I think he was getting heat and missing the fun of being recruited.

It's kinda early to worry about 2017. Right now, we should only be focused on bringing in a strong 2016 class. The 2017 class will come in due time.

I asked this in another thread where it wasn't on topic so I'll ask here. Who is the better prospect? Narcisse or Woody Barrett?

Too hard to answer at this point.

I am late to this and clearly in the minority, but I would say Woody Barrett.

It's kinda early to worry about 2017. Right now, we should only be focused on bringing in a strong 2016 class. The 2017 class will come in due time.

No wonder it's cold out. I now know that hell has frozen over because a4e has made the most sensible and relevant post in a thread, lol.

^^this guy gets it

• 3 months later...

Gus has all of his QB eggs in two baskets and now both are committed to other schools. Lol damn.

He's a real QB guru, am I right?

Gus has all of his QB eggs in two baskets and now both are committed to other schools. Lol damn.

Don't forget Rhett.

Well, to give some credit, Rhett was a reason Joey Gatewood committed. To bad he is no tin this class. Who are our top QB prospects now. It does not seem like we have any that are not committed to someone else.

Kellen Mond is now the top target according to KN. He is committed to Baylor and is a Texas native.

Gotta love it when our top target is a QB who is committed to another school. :/

Kellen Mond is now the top target according to KN. He is committed to Baylor and is a Texas native.

Gotta love it when our top target is a QB who is committed to another school. :/

I basically said the same thing on the recruiting board thread a month ago. Seems like we are setting ourselves up to fail at picking up an elite QB. Plus I like my QB's to help recruit early. Doesn't seem that will happen.

I'm out of the loop as far as recruiting goes. But weren't we fairly pessimistic about the 2016 class? How are we setting up to do with the 2017 class? And might we go after a JUCO?

If we do poorly this year, maybe we can move Rhett off the field and hire DC back as OC/QBs coach? I know Craig wasn't his recruiter, but it'd hep our recruiting a lot.

I'm out of the loop as far as recruiting goes. But weren't we fairly pessimistic about the 2016 class? How are we setting up to do with the 2017 class? And might we go after a JUCO?

If we do poorly this year, maybe we can move Rhett off the field and hire DC back as OC/QBs coach? I know Craig wasn't his recruiter, but it'd hep our recruiting a lot.

DC won't be back while Gus is in charge.

This. No need to hope or dream for that Went.

For 2017 we are getting negatively pounded on the recruiting trail, particularly by Bama & UGA. We are a good ways behind in 2017. There are no plan at the moment to go after a juco QB for 2017.

Don't forget Rhett.

And LSU has been a regular QB pipeline to the pros lately. <_<

^How bad would we have to be for Gus to get the boot? I'm legitimately curious. We certainly don't want certain players bolting.

Depends on if Jacobs stays as it's looking or takes early retirement. If he stays it will take near 2012 bad. If he retires then having just over a winning record may not be enough for Gus.

^I don't believe at the time being that we're going to do much better than 2015 for the rest of the decade, so who knows how long that would take. You look at the rock star coaching staff LSU has assembled and it does not appear to me that Gus knows what he's doing. I hope I'm wrong, and maybe getting EJ would change my mood.

Well at least he is giving us a real look. He's planning on visiting AU for a 3rd time soon & hopes to get his parents to come as well.

Well at least he is giving us a real look. He's planning on visiting AU for a 3rd time soon & hopes to get his parents to come as well.

Sounds at least remotely hopeful

Archived