2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I don't believe at the time being that we're going to do much better than 2015 for the rest of the decade, so who knows how long that would take. You look at the rock star coaching staff LSU has assembled and it does not appear to me that Gus knows what he's doing. I hope I'm wrong, and maybe getting EJ would change my mood.

We had one of those rock star coaching staffs last year. The results were not rock star results. There are better pieces in place at Auburn this year and we should see better results. Take a deep breath and step back from the edge. You are making yourself crazy for no reason at all.

When the D plays lights out this year, most of the credit should go to one of the ex-rockstar coaches AU had last year.

There is no, none, zip excuse for the way the offense played last year. None. And he thinks he is the biggest rockstar of the group. Has the car to prove it. :wareagle::bananadance::hellyeah:

I get it that you don't like Gus.

Now: I think that with all the offensive coaches pulling in the same direction for a change we'll see a better offense. It would have been better last year if the receivers had caught just a normal percent of the catchable passes that were thrown to them. If linemen don't block well, we blame the O-line coach. If running backs fumble a bunch, we blame the RB coach. If receivers consistently drop easy passes, we should blame the ______ coach?

If the D plays lights out next season Coach Hothead should get some of the credit but hardly most of it. The guys out there teaching and sweating should get the most credit. They'll be the ones that got it done.

If the D plays lights out next season Coach Hothead should get some of the credit but hardly most of it. The guys out there teaching and sweating should get the most credit. They'll be the ones that got it done.

Muschamp absolutely implemented a culture change last year. The new staff is inheriting a far superior group of defensive players to the one that Muschamp did, and not because of talent.

^That does of course make you wonder if Steele can keep it up. But if WDE is excited about the defense as he implied, then it really is something to be excited about.

^That does of course make you wonder if Steele can keep it up. But if WDE is excited about the defense as he implied, then it really is something to be excited about.

I think he was being somewhat sarcastic as he has been. Hard to tell given how dry some of his posts have been. The D will be better. Will it be great? Nobody knows.

Muschamp absolutely implemented a culture change last year. The new staff is inheriting a far superior group of defensive players to the one that Muschamp did, and not because of talent.

So, if they do a lot better this year than they did last, Muschamp should get "most" of the credit? Not from me he won't. He made some necessary changes and got things more or less headed in the right direction but that doesn't give him bragging rights for next year. Unless, of course, if the defense next year sucks then Muschamp is to get the blame for the failure instead of the current coaches. Shoulodn't that be the fair way to look at it?

This X 1000.

I think he was being somewhat sarcastic as he has been. Hard to tell given how dry some of his posts have been. The D will be better. Will it be great? Nobody knows.

I think the D is going to be real real good.

And I'm being sarcastic at all of the people who keep saying "It's only _______".

^I don't believe at the time being that we're going to do much better than 2015 for the rest of the decade, so who knows how long that would take. You look at the rock star coaching staff LSU has assembled and it does not appear to me that Gus knows what he's doing. I hope I'm wrong, and maybe getting EJ would change my mood.

We had one of those rock star coaching staffs last year. The results were not rock star results. There are better pieces in place at Auburn this year and we should see better results. Take a deep breath and step back from the edge. You are making yourself crazy for no reason at all.

When the D plays lights out this year, most of the credit should go to one of the ex-rockstar coaches AU had last year.

There is no, none, zip excuse for the way the offense played last year. None. And he thinks he is the biggest rockstar of the group. Has the car to prove it. :wareagle::bananadance::hellyeah:

I get it that you don't like Gus.

Now: I think that with all the offensive coaches pulling in the same direction for a change we'll see a better offense. It would have been better last year if the receivers had caught just a normal percent of the catchable passes that were thrown to them. If linemen don't block well, we blame the O-line coach. If running backs fumble a bunch, we blame the RB coach. If receivers consistently drop easy passes, we should blame the ______ coach?

I don't like the way Gus has the AU football program headed right now. I hope Gus can turn this around.

So, if they do a lot better this year than they did last, Muschamp should get "most" of the credit? Not from me he won't. He made some necessary changes and got things more or less headed in the right direction but that doesn't give him bragging rights for next year. Unless, of course, if the defense next year sucks then Muschamp is to get the blame for the failure instead of the current coaches. Shoulodn't that be the fair way to look at it?

Not necessarily. If they start out good and then finish poorly, then clearly they eroded over the course of the season instead of getting better and that's on the coaches. And hopefully everybody currently involved in this conversation is smart enough to take level of competition and the resultant statistical differences into account.

It's clear that you're either unable or unwilling to assess Muschamp's performance at Auburn objectively.

This is a serious trend that is helping to sink his O...he shoots too high for his QBs...when he doesn't quite have the reputation to land them. Spending time chasing Watson, Harris, Francois, Narcisse, etc. when we'd be better off if he "settled" for Pass and Jackson.

He's landed Cam Newton, Kiehl Frazier, Jeremy Johnson, maybe Joey Gatewood... those are some solid names.

And I love that he's going after the best. Do you seriously not want him to even try for a Deshaun Watson? Now if he's got no traction with a kid like WDE pointed out with Narcisse, then yeah, he should be working on Plan B. But hell yes he should absolutely try to land the best.

And at what point do you recognize it might not work out and you get the plan B on board? Same thing with LB recruiting.

And those QBs you've mentioned have exactly one positive year among all of them...so he gets the elite ones who can't produce? Maybe he's getting them for a reason? :gofig:

This is a serious trend that is helping to sink his O...he shoots too high for his QBs...when he doesn't quite have the reputation to land them. Spending time chasing Watson, Harris, Francois, Narcisse, etc. when we'd be better off if he "settled" for Pass and Jackson.

He's landed Cam Newton, Kiehl Frazier, Jeremy Johnson, maybe Joey Gatewood... those are some solid names.

And I love that he's going after the best. Do you seriously not want him to even try for a Deshaun Watson? Now if he's got no traction with a kid like WDE pointed out with Narcisse, then yeah, he should be working on Plan B. But hell yes he should absolutely try to land the best.

And at what point do you recognize it might not work out and you get the plan B on board? Same thing with LB recruiting.

And those QBs you've mentioned have exactly one positive year among all of them...so he gets the elite ones who can't produce? Maybe he's getting them for a reason? :gofig:

Has anybody out of your list besides Watson produced? And regardless of production in college, you said that Gus doesn't have the reputation to land highly sought after QBs. I listed several highly sought after QBs that he landed. You can say that maybe there was a reason that he landed them, but it sure isn't because other schools weren't also trying to land them.

Not necessarily. If they start out good and then finish poorly, then clearly they eroded over the course of the season instead of getting better and that's on the coaches. And hopefully everybody currently involved in this conversation is smart enough to take level of competition and the resultant statistical differences into account.

It's clear that you're either unable or unwilling to assess Muschamp's performance at Auburn objectively.

So, if they start out weak and end up great then Muschamp contributed nothing? He did a nice job while he was here and he was paid a lot of money to do that job. Now he's gone and the future depends on the Auburn staff, of which Muschamp is not a part.

So, if they start out weak and end up great then Muschamp contributed nothing?

If they start out weak and end up great, then that would be mighty strange unless there was a major schematic shift. I'm not sure what it would say about Muschamp, but it certainly wouldn't say that he contributed nothing. Again, he made our defense much better. He also recruited a ton of talent to Auburn. He contributed a lot, no matter what happens this season.

He did a nice job while he was here and he was paid a lot of money to do that job.

Yup. Defensive coordinators at major programs get paid a lot of money. Even some who don't do a "nice" job.

Now he's gone and the future depends on the Auburn staff, of which Muschamp is not a part.

Did somebody try to contradict this?

You and I both would love to have Jackson and Pass battling it out this year, and from all accounts we could have had them. Instead we have 1 decent QB who doesn't fit our team's offensive identity. Gus can't afford to wait on Barrett and Gatewood. It's in the past now and there's nothing Gus can do now except to not make the mistake over and over again...well I'm not sure he has figured it out.

You and I both would love to have Jackson and Pass battling it out this year, and from all accounts we could have had them. Instead we have 1 decent QB who doesn't fit our team's offensive identity. Gus can't afford to wait on Barrett and Gatewood. It's in the past now and there's nothing Gus can do now except to not make the mistake over and over again...well I'm not sure he has figured it out.

It seems odd that you are lamenting us not having Pass... and that we should have "settled" for him... but say that we can't wait on Barrett... who we did "settle" for...

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DUAL

As for Jackson, are you talking about Lamar Jackson? If yes, then yeah, we really shot for the moon by taking Queen instead, ranked a whole 15 spots or so higher in the national composite... and then fell way down the ladder by taking Queen instead... at a whole 15 spots or so... higher... in the national composite... And yeah, Lamar Jackson gave our defense fits in the first game of the seaason. Ran all over the place. In the first game of the season. And then I don't think we really heard his name again. For the rest of the season.

If it's a different Jackson, let me know.

As for that QB who "doesn't fit our team's offensive identity", I'm not getting into that discussion here. You're entitled to your opinion that Gus's offensive identity is strictly based on a dual threat QB. You share it with some other people.

And yeah, Lamar Jackson gave our defense fits in the first game of the seaason. Ran all over the place. In the first game of the season. And then I don't think we really heard his name again. For the rest of the season.

Lamar Jackson ran for 186 yards (2 TDs) and 226 yards (2 TDs) against Kentucky and Texas A&M in their final two games. Both wins.

And yeah, Lamar Jackson gave our defense fits in the first game of the seaason. Ran all over the place. In the first game of the season. And then I don't think we really heard his name again. For the rest of the season.

Lamar Jackson ran for 186 yards (2 TDs) and 226 yards (2 TDs) against Kentucky and Texas A&M in their final two games. Both wins.

Blanket statements versus facts. Rinse. Repeat.

So, if they start out weak and end up great then Muschamp contributed nothing?

If they start out weak and end up great, then that would be mighty strange unless there was a major schematic shift. I'm not sure what it would say about Muschamp, but it certainly wouldn't say that he contributed nothing. Again, he made our defense much better. He also recruited a ton of talent to Auburn. He contributed a lot, no matter what happens this season.

He did a nice job while he was here and he was paid a lot of money to do that job.

Yup. Defensive coordinators at major programs get paid a lot of money. Even some who don't do a "nice" job.

Now he's gone and the future depends on the Auburn staff, of which Muschamp is not a part.

Did somebody try to contradict this?

Yes. Pretty much the several posters above that think if the defense is better next year it will be Muschamp's doing and the guys coaching it won't deserve any credit.

Hold on. We can't wait for Barrett, but Pass battling it out with someone else would have been a viable option? Pass and Barrett were in the same recruiting class and ranked right next to each other in most of the recruiting rankings. How does that compute?

So I kept up with LN's recruiting until he decommitted but not at all after that

Do we have any chance with him at this point? Because from what I read, it seems he had been snubbing AU for a while before he decomitted.

Or is it still just the whole "who knows until these recruits get to see our offense play this year"

So I kept up with LN's recruiting until he decommitted but not at all after that

Do we have any chance with him at this point? Because from what I read, it seems he had been snubbing AU for a while before he decomitted.

Or is it still just the whole "who knows until these recruits get to see our offense play this year"

I have to think that our rivals are playing with a double edged sword in recruiting. They are putting down Gus's offense and using "he won't be around" to convince players not to commit to us. If Gus does what he's known to do, and the O figures out how to light it up this year, proving them to be full of crap on both points, all of those players are going to have to think about how they were sold a bill of goods about a school that they really liked at one point.

Do we have any chance with him at this point?

Doubt it. Kellen Mon is now our top target.

Hold on. We can't wait for Barrett, but Pass battling it out with someone else would have been a viable option? Pass and Barrett were in the same recruiting class and ranked right next to each other in most of the recruiting rankings. How does that compute?

Yeah. I was wondering why people bought up Pass. We took Woody over him.

I really don'the know how much interest Mond has in Auburn but from the high lights I saw I would really like to see him on the plains.

Archived