2016 4* QB Woody Barrett (AU commit 6/3/15)

RunInRed

A couple more notes. The Elite 11 semis are this weekend & Woody is 1 of only 30 QBs from around the nation selected to be there. I think that's extremely impressive given he has only played 1 year @ QB. The top 15 advance to the finals @ The Opening next month.

Also my bold prediction is by the time final rankings are done next January, Woody will be higher rated than Pass.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were Barrett and heard all this negativity I would probably decommitt and play for a fan basethat was excited about me. You guys are kill joys. I trust that Malzhan, U of A, Notre Dame, OU and all those other schools are a better evaluator of talent than the people in this message board.

Every major school's fan base has folks who go negative with minimal insight or knowledge.

The dude looks like a serious playmaker to me. Welcome aboard, Woody!!

WDE! Woody! Welcome to the plains!....His highlight reel was pretty dang quality for a guy only playing 1 year as a QB! Imagine after his senior year and a year on campus at Auburn...He will make a great addition to the stable of QBs we have here....I imagine that he will be fighting Queen for the backup role and Tyler is no slouch as he showed flashes in the A-Day game...

Wow, E, i hope you are correct. I guess i have been "taken" by Pass's size. I admit i may not be thinking objectively about the two QBs. I only hope the young man's attitude about proving the naysayers wrong is as strong as his desire to play at Auburn. Thanks for the article, E.

E, I like for our committed QBs to start recruiting big time for us. Please pass that along to him. He can bring as many of his Orlando friends as he wants. Also, I need you to quit posting positive stuff, it's going to take a miracle for me to melt over that last article. It's June and it's a perfect time to melt over NSD in February, Ya dig?

Wow, E, i hope you are correct. I guess i have been "taken" by Pass's size. I admit i may not be thinking objectively about the two QBs. I only hope the young man's attitude about proving the naysayers wrong is as strong as his desire to play at Auburn. Thanks for the article, E.

When Rivals comes out w/ their position rankings today Woody won't be very far behind him at all on the composite position rankings. Pass dropped out of the Rivals 250 this week. As it is right now Pass is the #3 Dual QB & Woody #6 on the composite rankings. And that's w/ Rivals currently being behind. If Woody outplays Jawon significantly at the 2 Elite 11 camps coming up I think Woody passes Pass when the August Rivals rankings come out.

E, I like for our committed QBs to start recruiting big time for us. Please pass that along to him. He can bring as many of his Orlando friends as he wants. Also, I need you to quit posting positive stuff, it's going to take a miracle for me to melt over that last article. It's June and it's a perfect time to melt over NSD in February, Ya dig?

Since I have a great relationship w/ Woody I'll pass that along. lol

I like his film much more now that he committed to the good guys :)

No, seriously, great get. I like our momentum on the offensive side of the class.

I hope we can get Woody up here for visits for the UGA & Bama games as well as the 1 or 2 big recruiting weekends in January. He has the Florida kid swag that is contagous & works well on the recruiting front. Just give him the top targets list & let him recruit.

I hope we can het Woody up here for visits for the UGA & Bama games as well as the 1 or 2 big recruiting weekends in January. He has the Florida kid swag that is contagous & works well on the recruiting front. Just give him the top targets list & let him recruit.

Excellent point.

Thanks for the good info Ellitor, I had no idea he is only a one year starter at Quarterback. To be a semi finalist for elite 11 says alot. He really does remind me alot of Tajh Boyd. I love how physical of a player he is.

It feels like Woody is getting the Tre Mason treatment. Few were impressed or excited when Tre committed. I am very glad we have Woody. Welcome home, Woody.

I agree, Bird. Hope Woody turns out to be a player like Tre!

The negativity about recruiting in general is getting really old ....

Its really hard to believe that we have come to a place where people are griping about us taking a 4 star player who is top 10 at his position (especially at QB). This guy is going to be dynamite when Gus and Rhett get done with him. I like Woody and our coaches a lot more than Jawon and anybody else.

I hope we can het Woody up here for visits for the UGA & Bama games as well as the 1 or 2 big recruiting weekends in January. He has the Florida kid swag that is contagous & works well on the recruiting front. Just give him the top targets list & let him recruit.

Yeah he definitely looks like he has some swag. Let him compliment T-Rob 's and Craig's recruiting efforts and we should do very well cruiting in Florida.

Yeah he definitely looks like he has some swag. Let him compliment T-Rob 's and Craig's recruiting efforts and we should do very well cruiting in Florida.

Coach Fountain has done well in Florida too. He landed Calvin & helped Rhett w/ Woody.

So Woody commits and drops from 16-18 on rivals.... All of AU's commits dropped spots in positions rankings except for Quinnen Williams who many believe will decommit soon. I find that a little ridiculous

Positive on Woody I think he's something special in the making Forsure. Def my favorite QB in this class

So Woody commits and drops from 16-18 on rivals

Just means they have not looked at him since their last update a couple months ago. They have looked at others & 2 have jumped him. Nothing to worry about though. Woody has 2 Elite 11 campos coming up to improve his rank plus Rivals has shown they are as open minded as any other company about moving players when they are reevaluated.

Stove hasn't dropped FWIW.

Just means they have not looked at him since their last update a couple months ago. They have looked at others & 2 have jumped him. Nothing to worry about though. Woody has 2 Elite 11 campos coming up to improve his rank plus Rivals has shown they are as open minded as any other company about moving players when they are reevaluated.

Not according to the post in the recruiting board thread, says he dropped from 4 to 5. He is #5 on the rivals WR rankings, which was updated on 6/3

Not according to the post in the recruiting board thread, says he dropped from 4 to 5. He is #5 on the rivals WR rankings, which was updated on 6/3

I was talking about overall. He stayed #29 in the nation. I just now saw where you were only talking position wise w/ Eli. He's another 1 w/ opportunities to move up though. Rivals 5* challenge this week & The Opening next month.

Young man can run the ball, but his passing mechanics are downright awful. His coach says that his accuracy is a problem that they are working on. And also that his academics are an issue that they are working on. I think I'm going to just take a wait-and-see view for now. I hope he makes the big jump this season, improves his passing -- both in the classroom and on the field.

Mechanics part is incorrect per most nearly every analyst & I have not seen the academics part mentioned.

In the original post by RIR, the following quotes from his own head coach.

"He's really naturally strong and runs the ball like a running back. We're working on his accuracy"

"He has not qualified yet and we're still working on his academics"

As for his mechanics, I wasn't reading a bunch of analysts, I was looking at his film. He has a strong arm, but his mechanics need work, and I think anyone can readily see that.

I'm not dissing the young man. I'll be very happy if he does come to Auburn. And I'm sure his mechanics will improve with the great coaching Auburn will provide. He seems to be a perfect fit for Auburn's offense. But I'm not ready to anoint him Cam2 just yet.

As for his mechanics, I wasn't reading a bunch of analysts, I was looking at his film. He has a strong arm, but his mechanics need work, and I think anyone can readily see that.

Its one thing to say his mechanics need work, which is true for almost every high school quarterback in the country, and another to say they are downright awful, to which I would argue that you were either exaggerating, or don't know what you are looking at.

Everybody has work to do until they graduate. The coach quote from the OP does not state nor imply Woody is struggling academically. As someone else pointed out a page or so back the coach @ Woody's commitment ceremony said he is doing well academically

He has a strong arm, but his mechanics need work, and I think anyone can readily see that.

I'm not a QB analyst nor claim to be but his mechanics don't look that bad to me at all, in fact they look pretty good to me. They are definitely a lot better than Nick Marshall's were & more consistent than Pass's IMO.

But I'm not ready to anoint him Cam2 just yet.

I don't think anyone is.

Everybody has work to do until they graduate. The coach quote from the OP does not state nor imply Woody is struggling academically. As someone else pointed out a page or so back the coach @ Woody's commitment ceremony said he is doing well academically

He has a strong arm, but his mechanics need work, and I think anyone can readily see that.

I'm not a QB analyst nor claim to be but his mechanics don't look that bad to me at all, in fact they look pretty good to me. They are definitely a lot better than Nick Marshall's were & more consistent than Pass's IMO.

But I'm not ready to anoint him Cam2 just yet.

I don't think anyone is.

e's bringin' it today.

So Woody commits and drops from 16-18 on rivals.... All of AU's commits dropped spots in positions rankings except for Quinnen Williams who many believe will decommit soon. I find that a little ridiculous

Positive on Woody I think he's something special in the making Forsure. Def my favorite QB in this class

Happens ALL the time

Archived