2016 4* QB Woody Barrett (AU commit 6/3/15)

RunInRed

I hope this young man can come in and be a huge factor in 2016. You have got to like his ability no doubt.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this young man can come in and be a huge factor in 2016. You have got to like his ability no doubt.

It's a bad sign for our QB recruiting and development if he's a meaningful factor before 2018.

It's a bad sign for our QB recruiting and development if he's a meaningful factor before 2018.

Potential loss of Queen factors here. We no longer seem to have the sequential depth we thought. At worst, Woody would immediately be 3rd string as a true frosh. Look for AU to pursue a Juco as well.

Potential loss of Queen factors here. We no longer seem to have the sequential depth we thought. At worst, Woody would immediately be 3rd string as a true frosh. Look for AU to pursue a Juco as well.

I saw that AU is looking at a former FSU commit that is in JC. Not sure who it is.

We're still going to have 3 guys ahead of him in 2016 unless somebody transfers. He might overtake somebody in camp, but he would indeed have to win the job.

Why is there "potential loss of Queen"? Tommy John surgery is no longer a career-ending operation, even for baseball pitchers. Is there some other factor at play?

I saw that AU is looking at a former FSU commit that is in JC. Not sure who it is.

Anybody know?

Woody had a great game against Dr. Phillips. He combined for over 350 yards passing and running with I think 5 TD's. Made at least three 4th down conversions himself and scored the winning two point conversion with 29 seconds left in the game.

He carried his team on his back and this was against one of the better teams in the state.

Woody had a great game against Dr. Phillips. He combined for over 350 yards passing and running with I think 5 TD's. Made at least three 4th down conversions himself and scored the winning two point conversion with 29 seconds left in the game.

He carried his team on his back and this was against one of the better teams in the state.

We are going to need him. At some point. #savior #3and9again #scoreboardsux #whatdoeslashleedo

Anybody know?

Only one I can think of is Deandre Johnson. That's a whole other can of worms.

We're still going to have 3 guys ahead of him in 2016 unless somebody transfers. He might overtake somebody in camp, but he would indeed have to win the job.

JJ and Sean and who else? My statement inferred Queen was not available.

Why is there "potential loss of Queen"? Tommy John surgery is no longer a career-ending operation, even for baseball pitchers. Is there some other factor at play?

Quite frankly, we don't know what he had done. I'm not sure Id believe anything that was said publicly regarding injury under this staff. And the words used, I believe, were a "Tommy John-like" surgery. TQ had issues in HS as well with his arm. We just don't know if he will fully recover from this or not.

Quite frankly, we don't know what he had done. I'm not sure Id believe anything that was said publicly regarding injury under this staff. And the words used, I believe, were a "Tommy John-like" surgery. TQ had issues in HS as well with his arm. We just don't know if he will fully recover from this or not.

Good points, bsci. I'm not prepared at this point to take the coaches at their word regarding injuries, even about our 3rd string QB.

I'm encouraged by reports (thanks golf) of Woody's good play, though.

We are going to need him. At some point. #savior #3and9again #scoreboardsux #whatdoeslashleedo

Wow. Just wow.

It would be nice to talk about Woody especially after the way he laid his heart on the line for West Orange High against a very good team

Yep. Appreciate the posts, golf, about our commits/prospects from FLA.

Wow. Just wow.

If you couldnt pick up on the sarcasm, that is user operator error on your end.

It would be nice to talk about Woody especially after the way he laid his heart on the line for West Orange High against a very good team

Specifics? Highlights? Should we all just chime in to say, "That's awesome!"?

I'm as excited about Barrett as anybody- I think I have posts in this thread to that effect- but it's never seemed to be out of bounds before to talk about a player in terms of the succession ahead of him at his position. Maybe we don't need to spend too much time debating the extent of Queen's injury/surgery, but it didn't seem we'd gotten that far away from Barrett with the conversation.

But moderation noted. Hooray for Barrett.

Anybody know?

I doubt it is Deandre.

An announced crowd of 5,940 witnessed an epic revival of a rivalry game Friday at West Orange High School.

Woody Barrett rushed for a three-yard touchdown with 23 seconds left, then scored on the two-point conversion to give No. 6 West Orange a 41-34 win over No. 3 Dr. Phillips.

Ben Bollinger intercepted Dr. Phillips quarterback Marvin Washington on the final play and took it back for a touchdown.

The loss for Dr. Phillips ended its 35-game regular-season winning streak.

"At the end we had another played called, a pass call, and Woody Barrett said, 'I want the ball, give me the ball,' " Head said. "Woody played incredible, and he's played incredible all season. He's done nothing but lead our team the right way and that's done every day at practice."

Barrett was phenomenal in the win. He rushed 27 times for 217 yards and three touchdowns and went 12-of-21 passing for 142 yards and two scores.

His number was called 10 times on the game-winning drive.

But the West Orange defense held up, giving the Warriors the chance to score twice inside the final four minutes of the first half.

A three-yard run by Barrett to open the second half gave West Orange a 20-13 lead. Washington tied the game on a one-yard carry on the following possession. A touchdown from Barrett to Naquan Renalds and from Washington to Alvin Bryant followed to kept the game tight in the second half.

West Orange is at Jacksonville Trinity Christian on Friday. Dr. Phillips hosts No. 2 Apopka.

West Orange 41, Dr. Phillips 34

FIRST – D: Bargnare 3 run (Stockwell kick). SECOND – D: Hogan 35 run (kick failed); W: Renalds 7 pass from Barrett (kick failed); W: Barrett 1 run (kick failed). THIRD – W: Barrett 3 run (Barrett run); D: Washington 1 run (Stockwell kick); W: Renalds 7 pass from Barrett (Adamson). FOURTH – D: Bryant 67 pass from Washington (Stockwell kick); D: Washington 2 run (Stockwell kick); W: Barrett 3 run (Barrett run); W: Bollinger 20 INT return (no conversion).

Anybody know?

I doubt it is Deandre.

It is John Franklin III. He was at Fl St and played in a couple of games. He is 6'2" and weighs 185. He is at East Miss JC. Fl St had plans to move him to WR.

Anybody know?

I doubt it is Deandre.

It is John Franklin III. He was at Fl St and played in a couple of games. He is 6'2" and weighs 185. He is at East Miss JC. Fl St had plans to move him to WR.

Rivals Link says he runs a 4.38. Scoot over Barrett. ;D

Anybody know?

I doubt it is Deandre.

Rivals Link says he runs a 4.38. Scoot over Barrett. ;D/>

Well, the last time we took a guy from Juco that played another position and made him a quarterback it turned out pretty good, so why not?

An announced crowd of 5,940 witnessed an epic revival of a rivalry game Friday at West Orange High School.

Woody Barrett rushed for a three-yard touchdown with 23 seconds left, then scored on the two-point conversion to give No. 6 West Orange a 41-34 win over No. 3 Dr. Phillips.

Ben Bollinger intercepted Dr. Phillips quarterback Marvin Washington on the final play and took it back for a touchdown.

The loss for Dr. Phillips ended its 35-game regular-season winning streak.

"At the end we had another played called, a pass call, and Woody Barrett said, 'I want the ball, give me the ball,' " Head said. "Woody played incredible, and he's played incredible all season. He's done nothing but lead our team the right way and that's done every day at practice."

Barrett was phenomenal in the win. He rushed 27 times for 217 yards and three touchdowns and went 12-of-21 passing for 142 yards and two scores.

His number was called 10 times on the game-winning drive.

But the West Orange defense held up, giving the Warriors the chance to score twice inside the final four minutes of the first half.

A three-yard run by Barrett to open the second half gave West Orange a 20-13 lead. Washington tied the game on a one-yard carry on the following possession. A touchdown from Barrett to Naquan Renalds and from Washington to Alvin Bryant followed to kept the game tight in the second half.

West Orange is at Jacksonville Trinity Christian on Friday. Dr. Phillips hosts No. 2 Apopka.

West Orange 41, Dr. Phillips 34

FIRST – D: Bargnare 3 run (Stockwell kick). SECOND – D: Hogan 35 run (kick failed); W: Renalds 7 pass from Barrett (kick failed); W: Barrett 1 run (kick failed). THIRD – W: Barrett 3 run (Barrett run); D: Washington 1 run (Stockwell kick); W: Renalds 7 pass from Barrett (Adamson). FOURTH – D: Bryant 67 pass from Washington (Stockwell kick); D: Washington 2 run (Stockwell kick); W: Barrett 3 run (Barrett run); W: Bollinger 20 INT return (no conversion).

So, Woody's 2 pt conversion put West Orange up by 1, and then there was a pick six?

Impressive stats and leadership.

Archived