AU-FSU off table

RunInRed

I just like to see us play teams like FSU or Georgia Tech from the power 5 conferences and not someone like Georgia State or Alabama A&M.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jay wants Auburn to play ACC teams, then why not schedule a Boston College, NC, Wake Forest or Pitt.

I'd like to see better teams on the schedule too but playing any of those schools you listed is a waste of time. They're not attractive matchups as far as television goes. They're not attractive matchups for the fans.. You're assuming a lot of things that may not be so. We play one power 5 game every year. With the SEC schedule that's enough.

I saw an article a while ago about "dream" matchups or something. One mentioned was Auburn vs Boston College in Fenway. This still gets my vote.

Everybody wants to reboot the series with FSU until we got the opportunity... hmm. It's neither here nor there now though

I was never a big advocate for it. If it was home and home, that's one thing. Playing in their backyard is another.

Everybody wants to reboot the series with FSU until we got the opportunity... hmm. It's neither here nor there now though

NO everybody did NOT want to play fsu.

NO everybody did NOT want to play fsu.

Agree.....IMO AU has nothing to gain by playing FSU....especially in Jax. And looks like it is not going to happen so guess this is (or should be) the end of the discussion. :dunno:

I was never a big advocate for it. If it was home and home, that's one thing. Playing in their backyard is another.

Would make it an even better W.

I'm not a fan of these neutral site games. It doesn't matter to me who we are playing. Sure we will get paid to play, but the tax win for the local economy of the host city is a deal breaker for me. I would prefer to keep that money in Auburn and or the state of Alabama. I currently live in Georgia and wish the GA/FLA game was played home and home. The state of Florida gets a huge economic boost from the money spent by Georgia fans in Florida. As a resident, I would prefer that my state gets that boost every other year. From an economics standpoint, Georgia gets the shaft with the game being played in Florida each year.

There's comes a point and time that you give in and agree to play big name teams on a neutral field. Other teams do this all the time. Why is Auburn/Jacobs so unwilling to play at a neutral site? For years and years, the GA/FLA series was played in the Gator bowl Jacksonville, Fla. Since Saban has been at UAT, they have played many games at neutral sites and I'm sure they will continue to do so.

There's comes a point and time that you give in and agree to play big name teams on a neutral field. Other teams do this all the time. Why is Auburn/Jacobs so unwilling to play at a neutral site? For years and years, the GA/FLA series was played in the Gator bowl Jacksonville, Fla. Since Saban has been at UAT, they have played many games at neutral sites and I'm sure they will continue to do so.

I think this probably makes too much sense in the grand scheme of things to be agreed with

For years and years, the Iron Bowl was played at a similar "neutral" site, Legion Field. You want to go back?

Then I assume you'd be in favor of the IB returning to Birmingham. After all that was a neutral site by the same standard as Auburn playing FSU in Jacksonville. We are playing a neutral site game this year against Louisville in case you have forgotten. We will play more neutral site games in future seasons.

Then I assume you'd be in favor of the IB returning to Birmingham. After all that was a neutral site by the same standard as Auburn playing FSU in Jacksonville. We are playing a neutral site game this year against Louisville in case you have forgotten. We will play more neutral site games in future seasons.

I'm just throwing this out there. Bama had no problem playing FSU in Jacksonville in 2007.

Also, us vs. Louisville in Atlanta is not even close to "neutral" if you want to use the same reasoning people are using for not playing FSU in Jacksonville. It's a 6 1/2 hour drive for Louisville. It's barely 90 minutes for us. AND we have many more alumni in the area.

I get what you mean and if Louisville is willing that is their decision. Doesn't mean Auburn has to do it. I don't give a rats rear end what bama decided to do. There is really no upside for Auburn.

I get what you mean and if Louisville is willing that is their decision. Doesn't mean Auburn has to do it. I don't give a rats rear end what bama decided to do. There is really no upside for Auburn.

Louisville needs to play games like this and a "neutral" site like Atlanta is probably the best they are going to get from a top SEC team.

JMO, but at this point in time.. AU does not need to play any particular team in order to raise the school's perception on the national stage. Gus and JJ make these scheduling decisions based on what they think is in AU's best interest.....that is their judgement and some might not agree...but they have that responsibility.

Soon as I read somewhere that Gus really wanted to play the FSU in Jax, or ND on a home and home basis....but JJ would not schedule them....then I will be on the side of those who gripe about the schedule.

Auburn University prides itself on being different ~ The Auburn Administration makes decisions based on what's best for Auburn.

I don't understand why people are so against. I've seen a few post bring up Auburn's record against FSU which means nothing in the microwaveable society we live in. What people see is that 2 seasons ago FSU beat Auburn in the national championship game and last year was one of the final four teams in the first ever CFP. Whether it's a home and home or neutral site I would love to play FSU but unfortunately that's not happening. When's the last time Auburn played a top tier team in a series matchup, USC?

I don't understand why people are so against. I've seen a few post bring up Auburn's record against FSU which means nothing in the microwaveable society we live in. What people see is that 2 seasons ago FSU beat Auburn in the national championship game and last year was one of the final four teams in the first ever CFP. Whether it's a home and home or neutral site I would love to play FSU but unfortunately that's not happening. When's the last time Auburn played a top tier team in a series matchup, USC?

Kansas State, Clemson....I don't think any Auburn fan is scared to play FSU, but it has to make economic sense. I wouldn't mind a home/home series. The win fall for playing in Jax, FL would be huge to their local/state economy. Why give them that money? We are playing Louisville this year at a neutral site.

Archived