AU-FSU off table

RunInRed

rip hewes in dothan

Is that place still standing? That stadium has got to be 50+ years old? It had been there prolly 20 years when I was in high school.......

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about playing the University of Texas? home & home 2017 &2018? This would be far more entertaining.

I hope they took it off the table and we didn't.

I'm good with the game not being played. As for the "why"....sometimes with strong-willed people there is no middle ground for an agreement.

In fact, neither team really needs this game.....so no reason for either AD to give much ground on their disagreements. Fine with me.

No team really NEEDS any game. I feel we NEED this game more than we NEED to play Georgia State or Clemson ever again.

I feel we NEED some closure

Why?

As has been mentioned it's hardly a neutral sight. About as neutral as playing bammer in Legion Field. And EverBank Field only holds 76,000. What do we possibly have to gain by playing that game in Jacksonville?

Beating a perennial top 5 team and probably a top 4 or 5 program since it's existence?

Alabama seems to be willing to play FSU in Jacksonville. It's a shame we're not.

not really....

Alabama seems to be willing to play FSU in Jacksonville. It's a shame we're not.

oh the shame

the "shame" of it is, IMO ....that anyone actually thinks that it is important for AU to play FSU....

Because if bammer does it, it's the gold standard, right? (Which team/university is it that you're a fan of again?)

Why?

As has been mentioned it's hardly a neutral sight. About as neutral as playing bammer in Legion Field. And EverBank Field only holds 76,000. What do we possibly have to gain by playing that game in Jacksonville?

Beating a perennial top 5 team and probably a top 4 or 5 program since it's existence?

Top 4 or 5 since its existence? Up until the 80's they may as well not have existed for all they had accomplished. In the 90's they were a very good program then they dropped down again, not way down but not a contender either.

Why?

Top 4 or 5 since its existence? Up until the 80's they may as well not have existed for all they had accomplished. In the 90's they were a very good program then they dropped down again, not way down but not a contender either.

That's what I was thinking? Since its existence? :lol::laugh: Someone needs to learn how to do research, don't you think??

I think the idea for Auburn was to get more exposure in Florida for recruiting purposes, with the Gators off the schedule it seems recruits from the Sunshine State have been more and more difficult to sway, that's why the updykes will agree to play the game.

I think the idea for Auburn was to get more exposure in Florida for recruiting purposes, with the Gators off the schedule it seems recruits from the Sunshine State have been more and more difficult to sway, that's why the updykes will agree to play the game.

Doesn't Alabama play UF annually?

We have 8 players from Florida. We don't need a florida school on the schedule just to recruit there. We've been recruiting AND signing players from Florida for years and it isn't going to stop anytime soon regardless of who is or isn't on the schedule.

what exactly does the possibility of us almost having Jimbo as hc have to do with anything? I don't get It he's hc of FSU

Not sure. A4E gets off on some strange tangents sometimes.

Archived