Cleveland officer Michael Brelo found not guilty in fatal shooting of two people

How many of you guys that are vilifying these cops, are actually cops?

Is this supposed to mean anything? Shut down our argument?

He's angling for the Courtier's Reply.

You'll get used to this sort of thing if you argue with Weegs long enough.

Courtier's Reply ;D/> . Good one Ben. Or is it?

I would add that none of us likely know how we'd react after a 22 mile chase at speeds in excess of 120 mph. We can laugh or scoff at the notion that we'd not react in a like manor to Brelo, but that would be an ignorant statement or thought unless we've had that real life experience. So, in some respects, Weegs statement rings true. Hate that for you so quick to judge types. (you know who you are) ;)/>

After a 22 mile chase at speeds in excess of 120 mph, would you jump on the hood of your son or daughter's car and fire 15 rounds into the vehicle?

First, I wasn't aware the deceased were his son and/or daughter? Secondly, my point was if you've not experienced this scenario how can you arrive at confident conclusion with regards to your actions? You simply can't and any statement indicating otherwise would be deemed ignorant.

When you think of the people you swore to protect as animals, you'll treat them as such.

I don't get that mindset. Who thinks of citizens as animals? I suppose there are those that do, but I struggle with the concept.

When you think of the people you have sworn to protect as a member of your family, you'll treat them as such. That includes NOT jumping on the hood and emptying your service weapon into the vehicle. You wouldn't put them in a van handcuffed and unrestrained. You wouldn't shoot them in the back. You wouldn't choke them to death.

What you would do is act like this cop: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2190739

While we agree four of the incidents you cite were egregious, I believe there are something like 800,000 LEO's in the US. With the numbers of incidents these officers are involved in daily, I still struggle with the "animalistic" trait as a norm. If this trait were true, we'd hear about more than the handful of incidents reported in the last few months. Don't you agree?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I wish that all cops were like Mick Belker from Hill Street Blues, one of my all time favorite characters.

I wish they were all like Andy Taylor. If all the bad guys were no worse than Otis Campbell or Earnest T Bass it would be possible.

How many of you guys that are vilifying these cops, are actually cops?

Is this supposed to mean anything? Shut down our argument?

He's angling for the Courtier's Reply.

You'll get used to this sort of thing if you argue with Weegs long enough.

Courtier's Reply ;D/> . Good one Ben. Or is it?

I would add that none of us likely know how we'd react after a 22 mile chase at speeds in excess of 120 mph. We can laugh or scoff at the notion that we'd not react in a like manor to Brelo, but that would be an ignorant statement or thought unless we've had that real life experience. So, in some respects, Weegs statement rings true. Hate that for you so quick to judge types. (you know who you are) ;)/>

After a 22 mile chase at speeds in excess of 120 mph, would you jump on the hood of your son or daughter's car and fire 15 rounds into the vehicle?

First, I wasn't aware the deceased were his son and/or daughter? Secondly, my point was if you've not experienced this scenario how can you arrive at confident conclusion with regards to your actions? You simply can't and any statement indicating otherwise would be deemed ignorant.

When you think of the people you swore to protect as animals, you'll treat them as such.

I don't get that mindset. Who thinks of citizens as animals? I suppose there are those that do, but I struggle with the concept.

When you think of the people you have sworn to protect as a member of your family, you'll treat them as such. That includes NOT jumping on the hood and emptying your service weapon into the vehicle. You wouldn't put them in a van handcuffed and unrestrained. You wouldn't shoot them in the back. You wouldn't choke them to death.

What you would do is act like this cop: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2190739

While we agree four of the incidents you cite were egregious, I believe there are something like 800,000 LEO's in the US. With the numbers of incidents these officers are involved in daily, I still struggle with the "animalistic" trait as a norm. If this trait were true, we'd hear about more than the handful of incidents reported in the last few months. Don't you agree?

I don't think I've ever seen anybody say that it was the norm...

Personally I wish that all cops were like Mick Belker from Hill Street Blues, one of my all time favorite characters.

I wish they were all like Andy Taylor. If all the bad guys were no worse than Otis Campbell or Earnest T Bass it would be possible.

Earnest could get kind of violent. He'd likely have a magazine emptied into him today. ;D

True. I had my tounge planted firmly in my cheek with that one. I always liked Belker though. Definitely don't want cops biting suspects like that. I always liked it when he was trying to book a criminal and his mother would call.

Archived