Obama Administration ran guns from Benghazi to Syria

autigeremt

These men were noble warriors who did the job they were CONTRACTED to do. Man an outpost in a dangerous land with the understanding that help is far away. Things went sideways and they fought to the death. It sucks but that's life as a hired security contractor.

I know a dude that was trying to get into one of the contracted security firms. Pay was enormous giving me the impression that it was a suicide mission. And they didn't just "volunteer."

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These men were noble warriors who did the job they were CONTRACTED to do. Man an outpost in a dangerous land with the understanding that help is far away. Things went sideways and they fought to the death. It sucks but that's life as a hired security contractor.

I know a dude that was trying to get into one of the contracted security firms. Pay was enormous giving me the impression that it was a suicide mission. And they didn't just "volunteer."

The ambassador was not given the protection he needed. These men tried to prevent his death but was prevented by the CIA station chief until the men had had enough and went anyway. They did save most of the staff, returned to the CIA annex and defended a United States asset. Volunteer, highly paid, or whatever, the United States government sat on their hands and allowed it to happen.

Those are facts. Undisputed. The movie only dramatizes it.

All the BS above is indefensible.

The ambassador was not given the protection he needed. These men tried to prevent his death but was prevented by the CIA station chief until the men had had enough and went anyway. They did save most of the staff, returned to the CIA annex and defended a United States asset. Volunteer, highly paid, or whatever, the United States government sat on their hands and allowed it to happen.

Those are facts. Undisputed. The movie only dramatizes it.

All the BS above is indefensible.

And the three men who were THERE agree. What the rest of us believe is a moot point with some showing their ignorance.

The security was inadequate from the start and made known to the state department.

Immediate response was denied by the CIA.

Requests for help went unanswered by the administration.

Obama left for a fundraiser on Sep 12.

If you can accept that, then there is no hope.

I cannot accept that so there is hope.

Help left the CIA compound soon after the attack began. There is video survelance evidence to back it up.

How soon?

Good gosh man, did you even read the report I linked? The attack began at 2142 local. CIA security left the annex at 2203. That's a pretty good response time. Now send me proof that the CIA "sat on their hands" I want a link.

I think the point is it didn't have to go sideways.

None of it has to go sideways but it does. History is littered with contractors dying and getting taken hostage overseas in dangerous lands.

920x920.jpg

Why do you think it went sideways?

Start on page 3

https://www.congress...-113srpt134.pdf

I've seen and studied the report previously. I think it is clear many mistakes were made and threats ignored even after being highlighted. I truly struggle to read the report without a feeling of dishonesty among its authors. Frankly, it sickens me. I truly hope the truth comes out, but realize that unlikely given the political ramifications.

Shorter AUFAN78, "I don't trust investigative reports that reach different conclusions than my predetermined beliefs."

Seriously, get help and post less. No seriously, get help and post less. Come back sane.

I love irony.

You should. You've managed to capture the market for such on this very forum. Heck, look no further than this thread alone for that proof. :dunno:

I swear if Obama was President during the Doolittle raid, all we'd be hearing from AFTIGER and Proud Tiggy is how we left these Airmen to die in China. How foolish a plan it was to try and launch B-25s off an Aircraft Carrier and essentially fly them into the ground. What a waste!

The security was inadequate from the start and made known to the state department.

Help left the CIA compound soon after the attack began. There is video survelance evidence to back it up.

How soon?

According to eye witness reports roughly 20 minutes too late. I think the video USN refers to even backs this up.

I think the point is it didn't have to go sideways.

None of it has to go sideways but it does. History is littered with contractors dying and getting taken hostage overseas in dangerous lands.

920x920.jpg

Why do you think it went sideways?

Start on page 3

https://www.congress...-113srpt134.pdf

I've seen and studied the report previously. I think it is clear many mistakes were made and threats ignored even after being highlighted. I truly struggle to read the report without a feeling of dishonesty among its authors. Frankly, it sickens me. I truly hope the truth comes out, but realize that unlikely given the political ramifications.

Shorter AUFAN78, "I don't trust investigative reports that reach different conclusions than my predetermined beliefs."

Seriously, get help and post less. No seriously, get help and post less. Come back sane.

That's not much of a response. Face it, you are referencing this movie is if it were an authoritative documentary instead of the entertainment it was designed as.

The movie was based on the book. So you believe the book was strictly for entertainment?

How soon?

According to eye witness reports roughly 20 minutes too late. I think the video USN refers to even backs this up.

That does not equal sitting on your hands.

How soon?

How soon?

Well, I wasn't claiming they did. I do think "Bob" delayed the men who in an interview stated they could have left immediately. When asked if leaving immediately could have saved the ambassador the men felt like they could have but couldn't know for sure. I believe that interview is available online.

Its fascinating some on the left have come out and criticized 13 Hours for only making $19 million over the weekend. When did profitability become a meaningful metric of success for those yahoos? I thought profit was evil?

I really dont understand the hyperventilation over this movie. Hillary Clinton's name is never even mentioned. The director of the movie said its a shame that politics has obscured the message of the movie which is simply about what actually happened and the guys there that experienced it all. The politicization is coming from those who are creepily defensive about the failures exposed by the movie.

Obama can tell us we leave no one behind til the cows come home but Chris Stevens was hung out to dry and left and then they lied to the families who lost loved ones in that attack to cover that fact.

It is the most fateful moment in a movie that purports to present a searingly accurate account of the 2012 attacks that left four Americans dead in Benghazi, Libya: a scene in which the highest-ranking CIA operative at a secret agency compound orders his security team to “stand down” rather than rush off to rescue U.S. diplomats under siege less than a mile away.

According to the officer in charge of the CIA’s Benghazi base that night, the scene in the movie is entirely untrue.

“There never was a stand-down order,” said the base chief known as Bob, speaking publicly for the first time. “At no time did I ever second-guess that the team would depart.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/former-cia-chief-in-benghazi-challenges-film-version-of-2012-attack/2016/01/15/9cf2defc-baf7-11e5-b682-4bb4dd403c7d_story.html

It's a Micheal Bay film. Same guy that brought you Pearl Harbor where he interviewed like over 100 people actually there and then rearranged, changed, embellished, etc their accounts to bring you a film with lots of things going boom. Things like placing Admiral Kimmel actually at a golf course during the attacks which was not true. Though he usually did play on Sundays

Its fascinating some on the left have come out and criticized 13 Hours for only making $19 million over the weekend. When did profitability become a meaningful metric of success for those yahoos? I thought profit was evil?

I really dont understand the hyperventilation over this movie. Hillary Clinton's name is never even mentioned. The director of the movie said its a shame that politics has obscured the message of the movie which is simply about what actually happened and the guys there that experienced it all. The politicization is coming from those who are creepily defensive about the failures exposed by the movie.

Obama can tell us we leave no one behind til the cows come home but Chris Stevens was hung out to dry and left and then they lied to the families who lost loved ones in that attack to cover that fact.

2142 the attack began. 2145 Ambassador Stevens' safe location was set fire by diesel fuel. He likely died by smoke inhalation before 2230. Exactly how was he hung out to dry? He died in the same location as his security agent.

Are we going to duscuss facts or are we going to continue to make dumb a$$ statements.

I hope them congressional investigaters watchs this here movie. barry and hitlary done lied and them people done dyed.

Stupidity is overwhelming! Although it would be nice if the administration would tell the truth.

I hope them congressional investigaters watchs this here movie. barry and hitlary done lied and them people done dyed.

There is something quite satisfying about sipping a 2010 Rubaiyat while reading the ramblings of a hillbilly liberal. It warms the soul. :laugh:

Waiting on that link....

As I said, stupidity is overwhelming. Again, how soon?

Where is the link or proof that the CIA sat on their hands. I answered your, how soon, question.

Waiting on that link....

Where is the link or proof that the CIA sat on their hands. I answered your, how soon, question.

No you didn't answer my question. Read the book.

Waiting on that link....

I dont want to read the book. I read the reports.

Where. Is. The. Proof.

If you dont have it, just say so.

It is the most fateful moment in a movie that purports to present a searingly accurate account of the 2012 attacks that left four Americans dead in Benghazi, Libya: a scene in which the highest-ranking CIA operative at a secret agency compound orders his security team to “stand down” rather than rush off to rescue U.S. diplomats under siege less than a mile away.

According to the officer in charge of the CIA’s Benghazi base that night, the scene in the movie is entirely untrue.

“There never was a stand-down order,” said the base chief known as Bob, speaking publicly for the first time. “At no time did I ever second-guess that the team would depart.”

https://www.washingt...3c7d_story.html

It's a Micheal Bay film. Same guy that brought you Pearl Harbor where he interviewed like over 100 people actually there and then rearranged, changed, embellished, etc their accounts to bring you a film with lots of things going boom. Things like placing Admiral Kimmel actually at a golf course during the attacks which was not true. Though he usually did play on Sundays

https://www.washingt...3c7d_story.html

There is a difference here and that is he filmed Pearl harbor over 50 years later and even though he interviewed many who were there, how many of those he interviewed were actually involved in the screenplay? There are 3 guys who were government contractors that survived that attack that were there and participated in the actual filming of the scenes. IMV,its hard to argue with that aspect of his intent on presenting as close to a documentary as possible w/o being actually one.

Waiting on that link....

Where. Is. The. Proof.

I've read various reports and the book. There is much disparity. It comes down to what you believe or who you believe.

Waiting on that link....

Where. Is. The. Proof.

Those who fought it say so. Show me proof they are wrong.

Archived