Obama Administration ran guns from Benghazi to Syria

autigeremt

As the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was unfolding, a high-ranking Pentagon official urgently messaged Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s top deputies to offer military help, according to an email obtained by Judicial Watch.

The revelation appears to contradict testimony Defense Secretary Leon Panetta gave lawmakers in 2013, when he said there was no time to get forces to the scene in Libya, where four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens.

“I just tried you on the phone but you were all in with S [apparent reference to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton],” reads the email, from Panetta’s chief of staff Jeremy Bash. “After consulting with General Dempsey, General Ham and the Joint Staff, we have identified the forces that could move to Benghazi. They are spinning up as we speak.”

But... there wasn't enough time to do anything. No way could any help have been sent that would have arrived !

Without more information on when those forces could have arrived, there is nothing in these quoted statements that contradicts Panetta.

Then you have comprehension issues. " Wheels are spinning as we speak " means early on, US forces were getting ready to render aid and rescue.

Someone called them off, and ordered them to stand down.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was unfolding, a high-ranking Pentagon official urgently messaged Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s top deputies to offer military help, according to an email obtained by Judicial Watch.

The revelation appears to contradict testimony Defense Secretary Leon Panetta gave lawmakers in 2013, when he said there was no time to get forces to the scene in Libya, where four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens.

“I just tried you on the phone but you were all in with S [apparent reference to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton],” reads the email, from Panetta’s chief of staff Jeremy Bash. “After consulting with General Dempsey, General Ham and the Joint Staff, we have identified the forces that could move to Benghazi. They are spinning up as we speak.”

But... there wasn't enough time to do anything. No way could any help have been sent that would have arrived !

Without more information on when those forces could have arrived, there is nothing in these quoted statements that contradicts Panetta.

Then you have comprehension issues. " Wheels are spinning as we speak " means early on, US forces were getting ready to render aid and rescue.

I have comprehension issues? :rolleyes: That's pretty good since you didn't even quote it accurately.

What was said - at least from the quote provided - was "they are spinning up as we speak", which implies to me they are preparing to depart. What we don't know is depart from where and what their ETA would be.

So my statement still stands.

I have comprehension issues? :rolleyes: That's pretty good since you didn't even quote it accurately.

What was said - at least from the quote provided - was "they are spinning up as we speak", which implies to me they are preparing to depart. What we don't know is depart from where and what their ETA would be.

But do you at least wonder why we are just now hearing about this email?

Not really. Should I?

Not really. Should I?

No you should not. It would not matter you have already made your decision.

Not really. Should I?

My "decision" about what?

Not really. Should I?

The topic we are discussing......Benghazi and our response or lack there of to the attacks on those that were serving our country.

NC - don't waste your time. Homer likes to play dumb sometimes, because , as you said, his mind really is made up, and he just enjoys trying to piss others off w/ his inanity.

Not really. Should I?

homer, this is a Military Leadership thing.

As a military laeader, you NEVER put assets, a US Ambassador and Staff, where they cannot be supported by a military extraction or action in a timely fashion.

You dont make those kinds of bad decisions. Those are career enders. You ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have an extraction and defense plan for any asset.

I will make this so simple you cant even miss it. HRC put Assets in a place without a plan for protecting them or extracting them.

Either her or her minions made a completely indefensible (in military eyes) decision to place them so far away and out of support range.

There should have been a competent force within say 2 hours time that could extract them.

You do not expose assets, a US Ambassador and staff and confidential to secret material, where this can happen. You just dont.

This shortsightedness was about as lame a decision as the Iranian Hostage Crisis.

If the attackers had held off killing them, we would have had Iranian Hostage Crisis Part II and the end of the Obama Administration.

You guys act as if this were the first time one of our embassies or state department posts was attacked.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/211361.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_U.S._diplomatic_facilities

And again, what exactly is the question I have decided? Is it:

1. Was the security Inadequate?

2. Was the administration slow to reveal the identity of the attackers?

I think the answer to both of those questions is an emphatic yes.

Are there other questions I have supposedly made up my mind on you are referring to?

NC - don't waste your time. Homer likes to play dumb sometimes, because , as you said, his mind really is made up, and he just enjoys trying to piss others off w/ his inanity.

That's good. Mr. "Obama-seriously-thinks-he-owns-the-white-house" calls someone else inane. :rolleyes:

That's good. Mr. "Obama-seriously-thinks-he-owns-the-white-house" calls someone else inane. :rolleyes:/>

" my house " means... ?

Its ok, the FBI is still going thru all her emails/server. They will look thru everything and cross their t's and dot their i's before they do anything, if something is there.

And I am perfectly fine with that, in case anyone wonders.

• 1 month later...

Seriously, where was Obama during all this ? WHERE in the WH was he ? Not in the Sitch room, per the Mouth of Sauron, aka. Josh Earnest.

My guess ? He was curled up in the fetal position, thumb in mouth, while the staff packed his bags for 'Vegas.

How many investigations have we had on this already? Could the results be wrong? Why? Politics? Cover up?

How many investigations have we had on this already? Could the results be wrong? Why? Politics? Cover up?

Three guys who were there say the results are wrong. Who knows better?

Three things about this whole episode are disturbing:

1. What was Stevens doing in Benghazi? Still really don't know. Looking at his background, Stevens was obviously a spook ...so what did the CIA have him doing there?
  2. When all the people still alive say the same thing about the ability to get help; then the bureaucrats are obviously lying...that's what bureaucrats do, protect the bureaucracy
  3. Hillary and Obama lying to the families; to their faces; as their loved ones were returned to the US...there is a special place in hell for people that can do this.

1. What was Stevens doing in Benghazi? Still really don't know. Looking at his background, Stevens was obviously a spook ...so what did the CIA have him doing there?
  2. When all the people still alive say the same thing about the ability to get help; then the bureaucrats are obviously lying...that's what bureaucrats do, protect the bureaucracy
  3. Hillary and Obama lying to the families; to their faces; as their loved ones were returned to the US...there is a special place in hell for people that can do this.

To answer your questions, look at their (administration) motives, if they told the truth it wouldn't fit their agendas and possibly they were covering up the fact that they were supplying arms to what turned out to be ISIS. Imagine if that came out and some of the other things that came out that didn't fit their agenda (video vs planned).

Seems to me that some on the GOP in fact have tried to make a name for themselves w/ out any real interest in doing the work required to look into the matter. Maybe after there was some stone walling and silence , ( upon strict orders from the White House ? ) which stymied their efforts.

Regardless, the questions raised above have STILL not been answered.

one investigation is ongoing now.

To answer your questions, look at their (administration) motives, if they told the truth it wouldn't fit their agendas and possibly they were covering up the fact that they were supplying arms to what turned out to be ISIS. Imagine if that came out and some of the other things that came out that didn't fit their agenda (video vs planned).

Don't forget how close to the election this was. Al Qaeda was on the run, GM was saved, etc. Those men were sacrificed for politics.

I can't argue a single thing you all have stated. I doubt anyone with an open mind could.

Archived