2016 4* DE Brian Burns

CameronCrazy

Brian Burns is a top 50 player now on 247 and he is visiting Auburn on Thursday. The intriguing aspect of this recruit is that his brother is none other than former AU Tiger, Stanley McGlover. While McGlover was an explosive DE for Auburn under Tuberville, he has since burned Auburn on HBO sports for receiving impermissible benefits. Should we go after this kid or stay away?

Brian Burns is a top 50 player now on 247 and he is visiting Auburn on Thursday. The intriguing aspect of this recruit is that his brother is none other than former AU Tiger, Stanley McGlover. While McGlover was an explosive DE for Auburn under Tuberville, he has since burned Auburn on HBO sports for receiving impermissible benefits. Should we go after this kid or stay away?

Well clearly we're going after him if he's coming to Auburn Thursday.

Reports say there are no lingering issues here as it pertains to Burns With that said, AU is way behind the leaders.

They have different last names. I won't speculate as to what kind of relationship they have- their family business is 1000% off limits to me or any other fan, IMO- but to answer the OP, I won't assume that them being brothers affects Auburn's recruitment of Burns at all.

They have different last names. I won't speculate as to what kind of relationship they have- their family business is 1000% off limits to me or any other fan, IMO- but to answer the OP, I won't assume that them being brothers affects Auburn's recruitment of Burns at all.

This is my thinking as well. The last names at least gives me hope that they aren't the same type person.

McClover. Not McGlover. That's driven me crazy for almost a decade now. Stanley McClover. It's like an Gaelic twist on an Irish symbol: McClover

McClover. Not McGlover. That's driven me crazy for almost a decade now. Stanley McClover. It's like an Gaelic twist on an Irish symbol: McClover

My understanding is that after the HBO incident, spelling his name correctly became irrelevant.

Seems Burns would have AU leading if Stan the Man's claims were true. Why wouldn't he want envelopes of cash?

Jim from Tuscaloosa (Finebaum show) says it's McGlover.

:) :) :)

Lol. Moved to ATL 2 years ago from Bham and still don't miss that DA one bit. Its funny though that every time I spoke with Paul Finebaum (which was a lot as we shared a favorite coffee shop O'Henry's in Homewood) and he was always very nice and gracious. It took me a long time to understand his professional ways. He still aggrivates me as an AU and UAB fan. But I understand that his work is likened to performing a character on stage. He is, however, my favorite interviewer on sports radio though.

Reports say there are no lingering issues here as it pertains to Burns With that said, AU is way behind the leaders.

want Stanley the man when Coach Boom was here? Might bode well in our favor?

I don't know what this guy's relationship is with his "brother" McClover. I will say quite firmly that the less AU has to do with the lying, traitorous McClover the better. From their many remarks at the time I don't think loyal, supportive former players want McClover anywhere around the program either.

If this guy comes with McClover in a package deal where McClover will be back on campus with regularity, we need to look elsewhere for a DE.

I don't know what this guy's relationship is with his "brother" McClover. I will say quite firmly that the less AU has to do with the lying, traitorous McClover the better. From their many remarks at the time I don't think loyal, supportive former players want McClover anywhere around the program either.

If this guy comes with McClover in a package deal where McClover will be back on campus with regularity, we need to look elsewhere for a DE.

Agreed. I'm not sure how he could ever show his face around AU again. Seems it would be a bit awkward even for the brother.

I still can't get over Phillip Marshal in that gif snippet :laugh:/>

I've always thought that his expression in that gif looks as if he just "sharted"...

@Keith247Sports: Brother of ex #Auburn player Stanley McClover calls AU "amazing" after today's visit. Posted yesterday.

Always good to hear.

Is Jim from Tuscaloosa married to Phyllis from Mulga?

Archived