Former player blast Saban for comments at SEC media days

bootskii

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/plaxico-burress-blasts-nick-saban-twitter/

Even though he was a doofus and shot himself in the leg I might just be a Plaxico fan now. It's good to see former players finally telling like it is against him. Now only if recruits would wise up and see the bs he is selling.

The BS that lil nicky is selling would just so happen to be 10+ win seasons and high draft stock......regardless of how bad they flop in the NFL. Hate to defend the guy but you have to respect his results. I wish Gus had been in position last year to make those excuses at Media Days. I think its pretty obvious now that he isn't leaving UAT until he retires. Hopefully sooner than later and at the hands of Gus.

I understand the hypocrisy, but I'm not sure that makes any of his statements any less true. The NFL could have been a distraction for some players. I also don't think that Alabama gave Cardale Jones enough respect preparing for that game. As for both of those things, the responsibility falls on the coaches.

It didn't appear to be a distraction when they jumped out to an early lead, did they suddenly remember their NFL future possibilities at halftime?

It didn't appear to be a distraction when they jumped out to an early lead, did they suddenly remember their NFL future possibilities at halftime?

You can't bring real logic into this discussion. If Saban says it was the reason that that has to be it. Saban doesn't lie. Hahaha.

Interpretation: he's saying they got caught looking ahead.... To which, BIG DEAL, happen's all over the place (all the time).

Sounds like some more of his highness'es unwillingness to take even part ownership. Just more finger pointing and claiming it was they, not we, who were the problem. Just more of him throwing someone else under the bus.

(beep - beep - can u hear it - the wheels go round and round).

So, per little nicky, the Sugar bowl loss to Utah was the fan's fault. The Sugar bowl loss to Oklahoma was because it was a 'consolation' game. And last year's loss to OSU was the players fault.

$aban fits in perfectly with the unwashed masses. They never get outplayed by the other team, they just beat themselves. Lol

$aban fits in perfectly with the unwashed masses. They never get outplayed by the other team, they just beat themselves. Lol

This is correct: Since the days of Da' Bahr, bammer has never been beaten. Either the refs cheated, the other team cheated or bammer wasn't "into" the game for whatever reason. Nobody has ever had a better team and simply whupped 'em.

The BS that lil nicky is selling would just so happen to be 10+ win seasons and high draft stock......regardless of how bad they flop in the NFL. Hate to defend the guy but you have to respect his results. I wish Gus had been in position last year to make those excuses at Media Days. I think its pretty obvious now that he isn't leaving UAT until he retires. Hopefully sooner than later and at the hands of Gus.

He'll be there at least 10 years. That's how long it takes to become vested in the state's retirement system (RSA). And don't kid yourself; that lifetime medical insurance for him and his wife is a prize worth sticking around for. You can say he's got all the money he needs now but a serious illness can wipe outf fortune if you don't have insurance. That was Tuberville's goal at Auburn, to make it to the 10 year mark and lock in retirement.

This is correct: Since the days of Da' Bahr, bammer has never been beaten. Either the refs cheated, the other team cheated or bammer wasn't "into" the game for whatever reason. Nobody has ever had a better team and simply whupped 'em.

How many times have we heard the bamzos claim that Auburn never beat uat when bammer brought their A game? Note: They're claiming that when playing the #4 team in the nation and with a national title and an SEC title on the line...they stuck their thumbs 9n their ears and went, "inky dinky doo".

So, per little nicky, the Sugar bowl loss to Utah was the fan's fault. The Sugar bowl loss to Oklahoma was because it was a 'consolation' game. And last year's loss to OSU was the players fault.

No no no ... It's the NFL's fault! How dare they offer a career to these innocent kids that were never told they could make it to the NFL ...

He did come back in an interview later and say it was his responsibility to ensure the players were mentally ready. My question is which is it, the players looking ahead or his lack of attention? If true they both sound like excuses. From someone who watched the game, they got out played.

Its definitely the coaches responsibility, but to answer your question, it's both. His lack attention to the players looking ahead. Draft grades come our early, and that's going to be a distraction, its almost impossible for it not to be. But, its not just Nick Saban dealing with that. Urban Meyer was dealing with the same thing, and his team was better prepared.

All that aside. Alabama was not a championship team last year. They were inconsistent all season, not just in that game.

I guess that was the point I was trying to make. Every player on those four playoff teams had the same pressure.

+1

How many times have we heard the bamzos claim that Auburn never beat uat when bammer brought their A game? Note: They're claiming that when playing the #4 team in the nation and with a national title and an SEC title on the line...they stuck their thumbs 9n their ears and went, "inky dinky doo".

Yea that's totally bogus I really dislike when a bammer says this.

Here are FACTS:

- total bama wins when Auburn had losing record: 18

- total Auburn wins when bama had losing record: 7

also wins when both teams were good (9 wins or more, not including bowl games or championships); *'72 and earlier games I included 8 wins, since there were only 10 games played

- Auburn 7

- Bama 4 (latest is '94)

And looking over the past Iron Bowls; Auburn has always beat bama if Auburn had 9 wins or more during the regular season, unless bama was undfeated.

I give Saban a pass on comments from Plexico...the guy has a screw loose I think....and the only way anyone, anywhere, would value one of his opinions was if he made a comment about NS. Otherwise PB is irrelevant.

Archived