Basketball Roster Update Notes

kwren34

Auburn's Official Website updated their basketball roster.

• Danjel Purifoy is not listed on the roster.
  • Tahj Shamsid-Deen went from 170 lbs. to 175 lbs. +5
  • T.J. Lang went from 193 lbs. to 200 lbs. +7
  • Cinmeon Bowers went from 278 lbs. to 260 lbs. -18
  • Jordon Granger went from 210 lbs. to 220 lbs. +10
  • Trayvonn Reed went from 230 lbs to 245 lbs. +15

With it still not being August, I expect these numbers to change. It will be interesting to see the development between now and when camp starts in the fall.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn's Official Website updated their basketball roster.

• Danjel Purifoy is not listed on the roster.
  • Tahj Shamsid-Deen went from 170 lbs. to 175 lbs. +5
  • T.J. Lang went from 193 lbs. to 200 lbs. +7
  • Cinmeon Bowers went from 278 lbs. to 260 lbs. -18
  • Jordon Granger went from 210 lbs. to 220 lbs. +10
  • Trayvonn Reed went from 230 lbs to 245 lbs. +15

With it still not being August, I expect these numbers to change. It will be interesting to see the development between now and when camp starts in the fall.

Wonder what's the reason for Purifoy being left off? admin or other?

Purifoy Is so good, he will most likely be a one and done.

Purifoy is going to be a good player but I am assuming the one and done comment was sarcasm as I have seen his highlights while really good there are only a few that are one & done and he has not shown me that level of talent. Could he make it to next level yes but I don't see him doing it in one year. He was rated a 4* in the top 100 players in the country but not in the top 50.

Anybody know why he didn't enroll this summer? As that will put him behind this year.

Purifoy Is so good, he will most likely be a one and done.

Purifoy is going to be a good player but I am assuming the one and done comment was sarcasm as I have seen his highlights while really good there are only a few that are one & done and he has not shown me that level of talent. Could he make it to next level yes but I don't see him doing it in one year. He was rated a 4* in the top 100 players in the country but not in the top 50.

Anybody know why he didn't enroll this summer? As that will put him behind this year.

It was not meant sarcastically. I work from time to time with someone who was associated with his AAU work. (This guy is a huge UA fan, by the way and was beside himself that UA didn't go after him harder.) Talking to this guy, he says that Purifoy is a one of a kind talent. I trust his BB knowledge, so I am saying that he will tear it up this year and probably go in the draft.

(For full disclosure, I am going off of his extensive knowledge. I have not seen Purifoy play.)

I hadn't heard any say he was on that level. But I hope he is. That would be kinda surreal to have that kind of talent playing for AU.

Purifoy is a good player but he is by no means a one-and-done type player. That's reserved for the special, elite prospects. The kid can absolutely play but don't expect him to be so spectacular that he's going to be a top 20 pick in the NBA draft after one season here. I'd bet it takes 3 years before he's a first round pick unless he begins developing at a rapid rate. But he's not good enough today to think that he's an NBA player a year from now.

He switched schools several times in high school. Maybe there's some difficulty with getting his grades together?

He switched schools several times in high school. Maybe there's some difficulty with getting his grades together?

This ^^^ I'm concerned that he actually might be a none and done for AU..

This ^^^ I'm concerned that he actually might be a none and done for AU..

None and done happens a lot with kids that follow an unusual path to get to college in the SEC. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's some unexpected problem and he doesn't get in.

No mention of Purifoy quoting Coach Peral on the 2015-2016 prospectus. Not sure if it means anything

http://www.auburntig.../072315aaa.html

I noticed that too. That's troubling.

I saw that maybe CBP can't say anyting until his accepted into school. I have no idea.

I was thinking that as well, but I wasn't sure what the rules were for talking about recruits.

I thought once the player signed his paperwork ..NLI or whatever that coaches can talk about them ....happens all the time with football players. Just sounds to me as if BP is not sure and not confirming a role for him this season.

I thought once the player signed his paperwork ..NLI or whatever that coaches can talk about them ....happens all the time with football players. Just sounds to me as if BP is not sure and not confirming a role for him this season.

Correct! The coach can talk as much as he wants to after the prospect has signed. Recruiting rules are over at that point. There's something else in the works here, a complication of some sort. I guess if he's not attending classes when fall term starts it won't matter what the problem is.

This guy attended three different high schools in his prior three years of school. I've been "wait and see" on him since I first saw that. Something is "different".

Read my last posts in the Tyler Harris thread, what I've been trying to tell everybody when they are complaining about Cim starting fast breaks.

Archived