Navy on Navy Unis

Weegle777

I remember LSU wearing white helmets now and again. Wearing navy blue helmets for 2 games a year would look pretty good for Auburn. Maybe with those burnt orange facemasks. lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see us have a throwback uniform for a big game like Michigan did a few years back..way better than an alternative uniform or glitzy gimmicks like Louisville/Oregon/UGA/Maryland/Boise St because it's honoring the tradition we have but doing something new for our players and fans.

Instead of letting this thread die a timely death, let me just reiterate that we should have a special uni we bring out only for special games like the SEC title game, playing against a top 5 opponent, etc. Now that JJ has heard from me, carry on.

Just food for thought: our uniform has changed a lot over the years, so it's not as "traditional" as everyone thinks. I do think you can do something like this and maintain the traditional nature of our uniforms. When I think of someone leaving "traditional" I think of Oregon, Boise State, etc. - unis that are clearly for flash and conversation. If we move to have a home, away, and an alternate, I wouldn't fight it at all.

I think an away uniform like Texas A&M's Icy White uniform would be awesome. We should have one game a year away or home where we have an awesome alt. uniform that changes every year. We could embrace that tradition and it would not hurt our traditional uniforms because it would only be one game a season. I think its a cool idea and the fans and Under Armor could really get behind this and build our brand. It'd be something fun to speculate on and the players would love it.

Just food for thought: our uniform has changed a lot over the years, so it's not as "traditional" as everyone thinks. I do think you can do something like this and maintain the traditional nature of our uniforms. When I think of someone leaving "traditional" I think of Oregon, Boise State, etc. - unis that are clearly for flash and conversation. If we move to have a home, away, and an alternate, I wouldn't fight it at all.

Well since the addition of the AU logo on the side of the helmets in the late 60's, changes have been minor and sublime IMO so I think our unis are very traditional. As you say,most alternatives are for flash and conversation AND retail sales by the mfg (of which I guess the schools benefit). My take is those school that do it, are trying to stand out/separate themselves from the "pack" because their play/performance does not.

My take is those school that do it, are trying to stand out/separate themselves from the "pack" because their play/performance does not.

Yeah Oregon, Florida State, Texas A&M, Miss State, Arkansas, Tennessee, UGA, Florida, Missouri, LSU, USCe, Ohio State, Michigan, UCLA... and so on all suck. Nobody would even know who they are if not for those tacky uniforms.

Oregon's play doesn't separate themselves from the pack? I don't agree with this.

Oregon started experimenting with uniforms probably over 10 years ago, so yes before they became national players they were doing something different

Yeah, and they must be out recruiting a lot of their peers on the left coast. Do the flashy uniforms help?. I don't know, but one thing for sure, they obviously haven't hurt

Archived