JJ

gr82b4au

What's so odd to me is that usually when QBs with minimal awareness that stop at their first read, their process is usually: "1st read: ok he's covered. I will tuck it and run now" and with JJ it's "OK the first read is covered by 3 guys, well **** it I'm going to throw it anyway".

Is this due to fear of being hit (Like Frazier)? Is he lacking confidence in knowing the offensive plays? Watching JJ is like playing against somebody who sucks at Madden except its real life.

No I'm not comparing pressing and X or O button to being in the pocket of a real game. Just saying his decision making is very questionable.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coaching is the key though it might be a bit late make many changes in JJ's approach to the game. ......but looks like someone at least needs to try. Otherwise, repetitive practices of bad habits just ingrains them deeper.

This seems like one of those times where they might just need to get him away from football altogether for 24 hours. Take him fishing or skydiving or to Mr. Miyagi or something. And then some day down the road Peter King will write a piece on him with the typical ascendance>expectations>downfall>redemption narrative, and there will be something about how Mr. Miyagi took him skyfishing and he experienced a spiritual rebirth that manifested itself in a 350/3 through the air and 75/2 on the ground stat line against LSU in Red Stick.

Hey, it's more likely than 2013 was.

Skyfishing with Miyagi.

Pretty sure that's where Dock Ellis was when he threw his perfect game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_Ellis

LSU on LSD: Miyagi, Skyfishing and Jeremy Johnson's Ascension to the Promised Land

Coaching is the key though it might be a bit late make many changes in JJ's approach to the game. ......but looks like someone at least needs to try. Otherwise, repetitive practices of bad habits just ingrains them deeper.

This seems like one of those times where they might just need to get him away from football altogether for 24 hours. Take him fishing or skydiving or to Mr. Miyagi or something. And then some day down the road Peter King will write a piece on him with the typical ascendance>expectations>downfall>redemption narrative, and there will be something about how Mr. Miyagi took him skyfishing and he experienced a spiritual rebirth that manifested itself in a 350/3 through the air and 75/2 on the ground stat line against LSU in Red Stick.

Hey, it's more likely than 2013 was.

Skyfishing with Miyagi.

Pretty sure that's where Dock Ellis was when he threw his perfect game.

https://en.m.wikiped...wiki/Dock_Ellis

LSU on LSD: Miyagi, Skyfishing and Jeremy Johnson's Ascension to the Promised Land

I will ALWAYS give praise to a Dock Ellis reference. And how have I never made the connection between Auburn football and LSD before??? What a long, strange trip, indeed.

Did you see the look on JJ's face after the first interception against JS? He clapped his hands and smiled. This is not what a winner does in this situation. Jonathan Wallace would have played better in both of the first 2 games than JJ hands down. JW may not win any games on his own but the team would not be required to win in spite of the QB play. How many more stupid throws before it is one too many? Hopefully, one. Ah the days when Chris Todd was our QB. Such fond memories of yesteryear.

I remember the last new QB who was called out for smiling after throwing an interception. Ben Leard. I wonder what ever become of that cat?

"OK the first read is covered by 3 guys, well **** it I'm going to throw it anyway".

I laughed.

Been there, in a way. You're lined up wrong, a car blew the horn, a gnat is on the ball, the tee is crooked.... Screw it! Swing harder!

"OK the first read is covered by 3 guys, well **** it I'm going to throw it anyway".

I laughed.

Been there, in a way. You're lined up wrong, a car blew the horn, a gnat is on the ball, the tee is crooked.... Screw it! Swing harder!

"**** it" should be everyone's life motto.

FYI JJ vs. Arkansas, goes thru progression; throws off of read option; locks on duke ONLY when he sees middle of the field is open- he doesnt need to run.

He was still locking on but there were moments he was going through the progressions

FYI JJ vs. Arkansas, goes thru progression; throws off of read option; locks on duke ONLY when he sees middle of the field is open- he doesnt need to run.

He was still locking on but there were moments he was going through the progressions

2 maybe 3 times he appeared to go through progressions, that was it. he played the same way against arky last year as he has the first two games this year. it was just that he hit guys who were wide open, probably because bert thought for sure marshall would actually play the whole game or that JJ would run the offense. i think JJ had the benefit of the defense being totally unprepared for him to throw.

2 maybe 3 times he appeared to go through progressions, that was it. he played the same way against arky last year as he has the first two games this year.

Well, you don't really need to go through your progressions when your first option is open. You can't hardly hold that against him. I don't know how you can say he played the exact same way against Arkansas last year as the two games this year.

2 maybe 3 times he appeared to go through progressions, that was it. he played the same way against arky last year as he has the first two games this year.

Well, you don't really need to go through your progressions when your first option is open. You can't hardly hold that against him. I don't know how you can say he played the exact same way against Arkansas last year as the two games this year.

Yes, how dare he complete passes to his first option.

go back and watch his drives vs arky. he stared down his main receivers, throw into coverage, and again, you can only find 2 or 3 plays where he looks like he is going through his reads.

go back and watch his drives vs arky. he stared down his main receivers, throw into coverage, and again, you can only find 2 or 3 plays where he looks like he is going through his reads.

What film are you watching!? He didn't once throw into coverage. Not once. Unless your definition of coverage, is one-on-one coverage where he made good decisions to throw. He looked at his main receivers because they were his first read, and then he threw the ball to them because they were open. He only went through his progressions 2 or 3 times because his first option was open. I literally have no idea what you are talking about. Please tell me where you saw him throw into coverage.

Now go and watch Nick Marshall, cam Newton, and Chris Todd....

Tucson just so you don't make yourself look totally stupid go back and look at Cam or Nicks first two games I know your probably not real into actually following anything but what some turd from bama tells you but I promise you can learn if you just read instead of running your mouth. WDE

Rewatching the 1st half of Louisville game. Here is a fact everytime JJ threw the ball he stared down the reciever from start to finish. From the time the ball is snapped to the time he throws his head is pointed toward the primary receiver, and he throws it everytime. He ran one time instead of throw. So far my opinion is his success came against man coverage (mainly) and his ability mixed with great wide receiver ability made the plays. Point is, his ability to read zone may not exist.

This place has turned into what it looked like at the end of the season last year. LSU will make us or break us. Just gotta be positive.

2nd half I know he went to a second receiver once, and he tried to force it in. But in this game he easily could of had 5+ interceptions. If that were to happen and we lose then struggle against Jax St would Gus of had to make a change?

I'm a JJ advocate I know he can make all the throw but don't think he knows we're to throw it.

I think JJ in the huddle is like when your in a game of yard ball you tell your buddy, "Marcus I'm throwing to you, get open, break." Sometimes Marcus ain't open smh.

Y'all know I'm about as far from a sunshine pumper as one can possibly be, but I'm not ready to give up on the kid just yet. Is he at the tipping point? I believe so. If he has an awful game against LSU I think we can stick a fork in it... But the kid has all the physical tools and that can't be ignored. He can be solid. Will he? Maybe, maybe not... I just think it's too early to completely write him off.

One thing I am willing to write off is Gus and ol' Rhett's ability to properly develop a QB. Absolutely stunning how inept they've proven to be. If JJ rights the ship, I believe it'll be due to sheer willpower and not some sage advice he's getting from those two.

But Cam Newton! I haven't yet given up on their ability to develop a guy, but their one year with the most physically gifted football player since Bo does not a reputation make.

I made a comment about this a few years ago and got laughed at, but I didn't think cam showed that much improvement as a passer. He improved from week 1-3 or so, but that seemed to be him getting on the same page with our receivers. His mechanics got worse as the season progressed. He made a lot of throws off his back foot, and seemed to force throws later in the season (particularly against Oregon). That said, I'm still hopeful. Nick Marshall improved somewhat from his first to second seasons. Chris Todd seemed to improve. I think the jury is still out on Gus's developmental techniques. That said, everyone has praised Johnson. I do think it may be an execution or play calling issue, and I hope we correct it.

Archived