JJ

gr82b4au

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks like he is not interested, no fire what-so-ever, and he can't hit the broad side of a barn unless he stares down his receivers. He just looks like he would rather be fishing. He does not even look at Rhett when the coach is trying to talk to him on the sideline. You can see it in the way he carries himself on the field- the game is just too fast for him and he looks scared. That 65 yard td may be the worst thing that could happen to AU.

I feel bad for the kid.

I wouldn't look at Rhett either, his horrible coaching put me in this situation

I hear no accountability. "We need to get better"; well YOU need to get better. He "felt good" about his performance? He seems very confident to me and totally lacking in accepting any blame for poor performance. eporters were asking very probing questions but I think they were looking for any response from him that acknowledged his poor play. They got nothing.

I hear no accountability. "We need to get better"; well YOU need to get better. He "felt good" about his performance? He seems very confident to me and totally lacking in accepting any blame for poor performance. eporters were asking very probing questions but I think they were looking for any response from him that acknowledged his poor play. They got nothing.

This is his personality it seems...very mild mannered, polite and not the kind of guy to fire up his team with in their face comments or to take responsibility for leading the team. "got to get better".....that's so innocuous and means nothing. Would have been nice to hear him make some specific comments along the line of .... "I need to do a better job of finding alternate receivers when the first guy is open".....etc. Just listening to his comments I have to wonder if he has any idea about what he should be doing differently.

Imo you can tell that's what they told him to say. As far as would you be upset question. How do you supposed to answer that?

Imo you can tell that's what they told him to say. As far as would you be upset question. How do you supposed to answer that?

Loaded question...he did fine with that IMO.....some questions don't require a real answer.

The way to answer that is "I would respect the decision to do what is best for the team, and I need to hard to fix my mistakes and earn my spot back."

May just be his demeanor, but it comes across as someone that could care less if he played or not.

Maybe....after thinking about it. I know I've had a couple of job interviews where I thought I should have said this....after the fact. He's saying he needs to get better so I don't know what else you want him to say as far as that...idk

You're surprised the soft-spoken 20 year old didn't give a fiery post game interview?

I'm sure JJ us just repeating what he heard from his coaches but to be fair, he threw fewer interceptions this game, had a freak mishap throwing the ball and the forced fumble was an egregious allowance of offsides I mean the tackle got to Jeremy before the ball did... That is to say maybe, just maybe he's not too far gone yet. I don't know...

Pressure. He's also heard what you said above. That's a lot of pressure. He got picked 3 times last week and it really blew his confidence. It happens. Kind of like a snap hook in golf. It can destroy your game and leave you thinking "where did that come from???"

This is it. There is a huge difference in "starting" compared to "being the starter". JJ had no real pressure on him against Arky in 2014. If he screwed up, Nick Marshall was on the bench, waiting.

JJ's INTs have been two things: Locked on to a receiver, typically his first read, allowing the coverage to converge, and forcing the play as the coverage converged.

The TD to Melvin Ray was also a case of forcing the play. That run-pass option play is designed for the QB to throw the football quickly. LSU defended it well, JJ could not throw the ball, he avoided the defender, then when he should have run (because so much time had elapsed there were defenders more than 3 yards downfield), but then he threw it unexpectedly.

I also have seen in JJ an avoidance or fear of being hit. One time on a QB run he downed himself a half a yard short. That is something you never saw with Marshall.

JJ needs to not lock on, go through his read progression, throw the ball away if the play isn't there, and not be afraid to take a hit. That means a sack or when running to make the run.

but to be fair, he threw fewer interceptions this game, had a freak mishap throwing the ball and the forced fumble was an egregious allowance of offsides I mean the tackle got to Jeremy before the ball did... That is to say maybe, just maybe he's not too far gone yet. I don't know...

You can't be serious. He had a second throw that went right to a DB and would have been a surefire pick six had it not been dropped. He's so screwed right now. Watch his feet on that "freak mishap", no pressure and he's dancing around like he's stepping on coals. He has no clue what is going on on the field right now.

Maybe....after thinking about it. I know I've had a couple of job interviews where I thought I should have said this....after the fact. He's saying he needs to get better so I don't know what else you want him to say as far as that...idk

If it's just his demeanor that's fine and I understand its a crappy situation to be in answering questions that won't make anyone happy no matter how you answer.

if they are just bad and can't figure out how to right the ship...that's one thing.

But if there is trouble brewing behind the scenes then that is disheartening. Since it seems to be a cycle for awhile now.

but to be fair, he threw fewer interceptions this game, had a freak mishap throwing the ball and the forced fumble was an egregious allowance of offsides I mean the tackle got to Jeremy before the ball did... That is to say maybe, just maybe he's not too far gone yet. I don't know...

You can't be serious. He had a second throw that went right to a DB and would have been a surefire pick six had it not been dropped. He's so screwed right now. Watch his feet on that "freak mishap", no pressure and he's dancing around like he's stepping on coals. He has no clue what is going on on the field right now.

You're right I forgot the dropped int... My bad.

Well the coaches need to get the pressure off him and that can only come by getting the running game more dependable, mainly the OL playing consistently better. But but we keep having to reinvent it each week due to injuries too.

I remember Spurrier "Taking the pressure off" a QB at UF once. It worked very well for them. This appears to be very similar situation.

So JJ was Nicks understudy for 2 years- practicing and learning the playbook, getting to pick Gus's brain, watching film, learning the nuances of the O, preparing for his time to lead. Alrighty then.

Could one of the beat writers ask Gus the obvious question? Did you see the issues JJ is having in preseason practice? Then if he says yes you ask then is White worse? Why did you build JJ up so much if you knew he might struggle? If he says no I didn't see these issues coming then what is he doing in practice that's not translating to games?

Too many people are piling on JJ without considering this:

Has he improved or digressed with coaching? Seems the poise and confidence he had when he came to Auburn have been coached out of him.

Too many people are piling on JJ without considering this:

Has he improved or digressed with coaching? Seems the poise and confidence he had when he came to Auburn have been coached out of him.

The kid has digressed tremendously in his basic skill set since he hit the Plains. He doesn't even look like the same Carver star right now.

One thing I do know was he was confident and a leader

Agree. Coaches need to do whatever is needed to get that back. I wish I had answers I could relay. I do not.

Archived