JJ

gr82b4au

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a comment about this a few years ago and got laughed at, but I didn't think cam showed that much improvement as a passer. He improved from week 1-3 or so, but that seemed to be him getting on the same page with our receivers. His mechanics got worse as the season progressed. He made a lot of throws off his back foot, and seemed to force throws later in the season (particularly against Oregon). That said, I'm still hopeful. Nick Marshall improved somewhat from his first to second seasons. Chris Todd seemed to improve. I think the jury is still out on Gus's developmental techniques. That said, everyone has praised Johnson. I do think it may be an execution or play calling issue, and I hope we correct it.

To be fair, Cam has been in the league 4+ years, and still has the same issues.

When we go to LSU, if we are down 3 scores + at half, and JJ has turned the ball over 2 or more times in the manner that he has the first two games (not by bad luck, or a dropped pass that gets intercepted, etc.) then I'd say its a 5% chance that we don't see a change. Gus wants to win football games, that's the bottom line.

Exact situation I said would have to happen to pull JJ. Not making a change is indefensible, that's just plain to see.

Might as well put Jason Smith back there and run the 2013 offense if they don't want to throw White to the wolves...sheesh this is pitiful. The defense being bad is nothing new but the offense struggling is terrible.

Can't make simple reads; can't throw under pressure; takes 8-10 yard losses on plays because he's too THICK to throw the ball away. He has no business being on a football field. Too bad the incompetent coaching staff doesn't see this.

Can't make simple reads; can't throw under pressure; takes 8-10 yard losses on plays because he's too THICK to throw the ball away. He has no business being on a football field. Too bad the incompetent coaching staff doesn't see this.

Does anyone even try to make a deceptive / fake hand-off motion any more ? JJ is so casual with his "fakes" that no defensive player has any doubt about which player has the ball.

Don't blame everything on JJ. While most of it seems to be his fault, the Oline is not playing well therefore we have no run game, and the WR's are not helping him out AT ALL. Plus there is an enormous amount of pressure on him now to perform well more than ever. I'm glad Sean White didn't play in this game today. The game was over at halftime. Throwing a guy with 0 experience in at Death Valley for his first snaps is not ideal and we'd end up with 2 QB's that have no confidence. I think things will be a lot different next week at home. But it's not just a matter of Sean White coming in and hoping he can play better... it's a combination of play calling, confidence, the oline play, and WR's getting open. Without those things, we'll see exactly what we are seeing from JJ in SW. The offense needs to find their identity. I think it's almost a temptation to put JWall back there and Nick Marshall it like in 2013 until it doesn't work anymore. Would be worth a try with the 4 RB's we have to sub in.

Sorry, I have 0 confidence in JJ right now. And I'm a homer! You gotta bench him. Sure he is a great kid, but he IS NOT what we need as a QB right now. lets see him at anything but QB.

Did you see him run? excuse me, lumber?

His phiz statz say Cam. His everything else says "I play go fish."

I thought before yesterday that whatever JJ was or wasn't would come to light at LSU and it did. His confidence is shot. Nearly every pass he throws beyond 10 yards down the field is thrown right into coverage or just misses everyone. He had receivers open several times and the throws were in the dirt or 10 feet over their head. The receivers body language looks like they have all but given up, especially Duke. I think Gus is doing him a disservice as well as the team by just leaving him in there looking that awful. He is a deer in the headlights right now. I don't know what the answer is but it is very plain what it ain't.

It's amazing how stupid and terrible Brandon Harris looked last year vs this year but I just don't see the same positive upswing for a guy like J.J. without a leonard fornette to help. If Gus could make it work with Chris Todd hell go ahead and put Sean White in I can't handle the obvious lack of intelligence oh and that ridiculous glove J.J. had on his hand at the lsu game.. move him to te or wr ... You don't get to sit patiently for two years only to have your big revealing and it's revealed you apparently didn't learn a damn thing and look so bad that we are now begging for sean white or a wr to be converted to qb. wow

He looks like he is not interested, no fire what-so-ever, and he can't hit the broad side of a barn unless he stares down his receivers. He just looks like he would rather be fishing. He does not even look at Rhett when the coach is trying to talk to him on the sideline. You can see it in the way he carries himself on the field- the game is just too fast for him and he looks scared. That 65 yard td may be the worst thing that could happen to AU.

I feel bad for the kid.

Did you see that. It was slothy at best. We need a mfker that can just say" fk it" and run like he stole sumptin.

I think Jason Smith has done just that lol. Seriously though, I think Smith or White should be given a shot.

He looks like he is not interested, no fire what-so-ever, and he can't hit the broad side of a barn unless he stares down his receivers. He just looks like he would rather be fishing. He does not even look at Rhett when the coach is trying to talk to him on the sideline. You can see it in the way he carries himself on the field- the game is just too fast for him and he looks scared. That 65 yard td may be the worst thing that could happen to AU.

I feel bad for the kid.

I found this post game video very telling. Lack of fire for sure but I don't feel bad for em.

I feel bad for the kid.

I found this post game video very telling. Lack of fire for sure but I don't feel bad for em.

Wow just wow! He is supposed to be a leader.

I feel bad for the kid.

Wish I hadn't watched that video.

I feel bad for the kid.

Wish I hadn't watched that video.

My question is, is this an isolated case or a symptom of something brewing?

Archived