Unacceptable

RunInRed

What's the deal with Duke Williams? he can't catch anything this year. I saw a few balls that hit him right in his hands.

What specific passes are you referring to? He's only been thrown to a few times all season and he's caught pretty much all the catchable balls I've seen.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the deal with Duke Williams? he can't catch anything this year. I saw a few balls that hit him right in his hands.

Duke's issue isn't catching passes thrown to him. It's that we aren't throwing his direction much, when we do it's off target half the time, and the other half he's out there giving half effort on routes and blocks.

Not defending Duke, we do very little on O in general....but, he hasn't given the effort and he hasn't been passed to on enough downs to matter.....From All American to space taker....Little did I realize what a good passer Nick was comparatively...amazing.

What specific passes are you referring to? He's only been thrown to a few times all season and he's caught pretty much all the catchable balls I've seen.

We could start with the first one thrown to him yesterday. He dropped it.

This play by Ford sums up the kind of bulls--- effort we've seen far too often over the past 7 years or so at Auburn. I can handle seeing AU lose but seeing half-ass play from multiple players on both sides of the ball is nauseating. Not sure what the fix is But I wish we could find it.

This play by Ford sums up the kind of bulls--- effort we've seen far too often over the past 7 years or so at Auburn. I can handle seeing AU lose but seeing half-ass play from multiple players on both sides of the ball is nauseating. Not sure what the fix is But I wish we could find it.

#firetrob!!

Duke's issue isn't catching passes thrown to him. It's that we aren't throwing his direction much, when we do it's off target half the time, and the other half he's out there giving half effort on routes and blocks.

I agree. Whose responsibility is it that Duke is loafing on routes and blocks? Just D. Craig or is it a something that is pervasive from the HC down?

wde

Need to quit practicing like you're afraid someone will get hurt. The guys looked confused in about every position. They need to practice hard and tough, not just fast.

That is what I think also.You can't coach scared and play scared you have to make men out of these boys with some though hard nose practice and if players get hurt you play the ones you have.You can't have a bunch of players especially on D that are afraid to stick there head in and make a tackle.

LB's getting themselves out of position as a whole was much worse than the secondary. The Ford play shown here and the Matthews flipping around his head come to mind. At least McKinzy tries but doesn't find the ball very well. Frost in particular needs to sit until he decides to participate in a full contact way.

Watching him was the WORST! I think Tre saw more action the 2nd half because of this.

LB's getting themselves out of position as a whole was much worse than the secondary. The Ford play shown here and the Matthews flipping around his head come to mind. At least McKinzy tries but doesn't find the ball very well. Frost in particular needs to sit until he decides to participate in a full contact way.

Watching him was the WORST! I think Tre saw more action the 2nd half because of this.

Yup, Frost should have been benched two years ago. I have lost track of the times I have seen him out of position and/or trailing the play.

Yup, Frost should have been benched two years ago. I have lost track of the times I have seen him out of position and/or trailing the play.

there a bunch more that ought to be sitting...play the young guys....can they do much worse?

I'd run his ass ragged this week for that one play.

I say practice everyday in the stadium and put these type plays on a constant loop on the big screen

Very good idea

We could also use it as a recruiting tool by putting a prospective recruit's highlight video up a the big screen while they are attending a game.

And i really like Frosty. I think his heart and desire is there. However, the instincts needed to play LB are not.

This play is embarrassing and unacceptable, but it is one play. Many times, Ford has been the only guy out there doing any damn thing. Maybe hes gotten fed up, but Im not gonna judge him on one play when Ive seen him make several others when no one else did. Im sure he will learn from it.

I'd run his ass ragged this week for that one play.

I say practice everyday in the stadium and put these type plays on a constant loop on the big screen

Very good idea

We could also use it as a recruiting tool by putting a prospective recruit's highlight video up a the big screen while they are attending a game.

I could only imagine seeing a highlight of myself while standing on the sideline as a high school kid. It would have to be a montage of all recruits present, because of time, but that would definately leave an impression. Especially if the crowd responded.

This play is embarrassing and unacceptable, but it is one play. Many times, Ford has been the only guy out there doing any damn thing. Maybe hes gotten fed up, but Im not gonna judge him on one play when Ive seen him make several others when no one else did. Im sure he will learn from it.

I agree and perhaps it would be fair to post one of the many videos of him making a good play to give a bit of balance.

What is really unacceptable is a offensive staff that thus far has been out-coached by Louisville, Jax State and LSU and a head coach who refuses to make a QB change. I thought that after the second pick in the JSU game JJ should have been benched at least for a series. Leaving him in Saturday during what was a complete QB meltdown was inexcusable both to the team and to JJ. Do we not have a backup? From what I have seen Wallace would have given us a better chance to win. Is it fair to doom a complete team to failure because, in my opinion, the coach is too worried about proving his point than adapting to circumstances?

For me all of the lack of hustle is a symptom of a bigger issue which is a team that is not ready and not passionate and man that come from the top.

Ford has played his ass off this year. Yes he looked bad and maybe he gave up on that one play because he was starting to fill hopeless but look at the body of work not one play. Our DB's are constantly coming up and having to make tackles that the LB's should have made 5 yards earlier. D-Line is getting penetration and forcing runners to spots where a LB should be waiting. and they are not there. QB runs when D-Line chases him out of pocket and Linebackers don't realize he is running for 1st 15 yards.

2 things my dad always told me growing up and I always tell my son when playing a sport. 1) Have fun. 2) Never quit. I know its different at this level but I think we have seen both NOT being done out of this team and we are only 3 games in. For a year that was suppose to be a year we make a run at the SEC and National Titles, sure looks like a "re-building year" to me.

If I had a voice he would either man up this week and run his tail off and work his way back to playing, or he would sit. There is a cancer on this team and it has spread till this team has forgotten who they are.

Ford has played his ass off this year. Yes he looked bad and maybe he gave up on that one play because he was starting to fill hopeless but look at the body of work not one play. Our DB's are constantly coming up and having to make tackles that the LB's should have made 5 yards earlier. D-Line is getting penetration and forcing runners to spots where a LB should be waiting. and they are not there. QB runs when D-Line chases him out of pocket and Linebackers don't realize he is running for 1st 15 yards.

...and have been as long as they've been at Auburn. Sadly, I think at this point Ford and Jones are the only ones left who have played here before this season.

Archived