Unacceptable

RunInRed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@schadjoe: Leonard Fournette told me he was fueled by a comment made before the game by an Auburn defensive player

After Ford ran his mouth, he should have taken every lick that Fournette gave him like a man!

Ya think? Thanks for posting this RIR. There are some that need to see this to understand that our team is weak and soft both mentally and physically.

wde

I was really disappointed in Rudy on that play. I know Fournette is a load to bring down, but Jones took him down on that first play to save a TD and he gives up at least 20 pounds to Ford. I know Countess got trucked but at least he tried.

Disappointed is what I am when somebody hustles but gets beat. This is pathetic. If this is all he cares he needs to give someone else a chance. He QUIT!!!!'

I'd run his ass ragged this week for that one play.

Amen. Of course, I would have made sure his mouth would not try to write checks his ass could not cash last week when meeting with the media. Do you think this staff will do what you would do?

wde

"If Gus continues to ride Jeremy he will lose this team for the rest of the season. Defense already laying down knowing its pointless." Rob Pate posted this on his twitter page during the game. Was this what he saw?

LB's getting themselves out of position as a whole was much worse than the secondary. The Ford play shown here and the Matthews flipping around his head come to mind. At least McKinzy tries but doesn't find the ball very well. Frost in particular needs to sit until he decides to participate in a full contact way.

"If Gus continues to ride Jeremy he will lose this team for the rest of the season. Defense already laying down knowing its pointless." Rob Pate posted this on his twitter page during the game. Was this what he saw?

Defense desperately needs Lawson's talent and leadership back ASAP. Offense has issues that will require significant changes; I'm not smart enough to know what those would be. This hasn't been "JJ's team" since the first game. Duke runs at about half-speed full-time. Gus tried to open up the playbook yesterday, and that didn't do it. JJ's got that same "deer in the headlights" look that Kiehl Frazier had in 2012. Not sure the "anybody by JJ" strategy will work, though. Like I said, I'm no coach, and I couldn't play one on TV.

Need to quit practicing like you're afraid someone will get hurt. The guys looked confused in about every position. They need to practice hard and tough, not just fast.

That was truly embarrassing. It's time to sit a lot of these prima donnas, burn every red shirt and get some kids on the field who want to play and want to be out there. We may not win an SEC game all year anyway, so start building for next year. Let the freshmen get the experience, coach them up right, let them take their lumps now and grow up as a cohesive unit. It can only help recruiting also, when prospective kids know they will have a great chance to play right away.

LB's getting themselves out of position as a whole was much worse than the secondary. The Ford play shown here and the Matthews flipping around his head come to mind. At least McKinzy tries but doesn't find the ball very well. Frost in particular needs to sit until he decides to participate in a full contact way.

For obvious reasons I didn't want to be the one to say this, but you are spot-on. Watch Frost on this same play. As is frequently the case, he looks like he's truly trying to get there two steps too late. We missed Garrett over there fully as much as we missed any of the other injured players. At least Garrett positions himself between the ball carrier and our goal line.

Maybe they play like they practice. You practice not hitting/tackling certain players because they might hurt a valuable player so they get used to just doing enough to be in the general area of where the ball carrier is going. One does that enough during practice over the cource of several weeks and then it becomes how you play. Soft practice, soft players. OOps, this isn't touch football

For obvious reasons I didn't want to be the one to say this, but you are spot-on. Watch Frost on this same play. As is frequently the case, he looks like he's truly trying to get there two steps too late. We missed Garrett over there fully as much as we missed any of the other injured players. At least Garrett positions himself between the ball carrier and our goal line.

I think the dline is doing an excellent job of forcing the runners to gaps that are not being filled by linebackers. They look the part but they seem to never play it !!!

Archived