Where is Byron Cowart?

AUClassof19

Besides him blowing up one play during the San Jose State game, I can't think of any other time where he has had much of an impact. Will he ever turn the corner this season?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer your question... he's probably in Auburn. Most likely in class. As to your statement... he's a FRESHMAN. Carl didn't show up much his Freshman year either.

Watch closely the last play of the game for Ky. Justin Garrett made the tackle on the sack but Byron was responsible for the outcome of the play. No Byron Cowart in the game, probably no sack.

Watch closely the last play of the game for Ky. Justin Garrett made the tackle on the sack but Byron was responsible for the outcome of the play. No Byron Cowart in the game, probably no sack.

That was Lambert.

That was Lambert.

Mac Brown said it was Cowart, but he was not on the field that play. It was Lambert who got pressure and forced the QB to move around

That was Lambert.

yes, Cowart did same swim move on his side. If Towles looks left, he would've had to roll left.

Cowart hasn't made any dumb plays/ hurt us much, I think he's doing fine. He's a true freshman

He's a stud who is gradually working his way into a substantial role. I'm very impressed by him and several other freshman, true and RS(White, Davis, Irvin, Johnson, Holland, Russell). Future is bright I think IF those guys can get the coaching that they need to develop.

No Cowart forced him out of the pocket and Garrett and another finished him for the sack on 4th down.

That was Lambert.

yes, Cowart did same swim move on his side. If Towles looks left, he would've had to roll left.

Cowart hasn't made any dumb plays/ hurt us much, I think he's doing fine. He's a true freshman

That was Cass....

No Cowart forced him out of the pocket and Garrett and another finished him for the sack on 4th down.

Cowart was not in the game on the final defensive play. It was (left to right) Cass, Adams, Russell, and Lambert.

I've been thinking about this for a while. Look at previous DL #1 overall recruits in the country going to the SEC in the last few years, Clowney and Nkemdiche . They come in the league with trumpets blaring , they never miss a down and the squawking heads never stop talking about them. It is NOT because he is a freshman.

SB Nation College and Magnolia: Auburn Hands on to Defeat Kentucky 30-27 . Sorry I just cannot get links to work on this Win 10

It will not quote either. All I can seem to do is post Sorry

http://www.collegean...igers-win-30-27

"Kentucky moved the ball, but some questionable play calling - and some good defense, admittedly - put the Wildcats in 4th and short. Byron Cowart forced the Kentucky QB out of the pocket and the Tigers cleaned up with the tackle for loss on 4th down to seal the 30-27 victory for the Tigers."

I've been thinking about this for a while. Look at previous DL #1 overall recruits in the country going to the SEC in the last few years, Clowney and Nkemdiche . They come in the league with trumpets blaring , they never miss a down and the squawking heads never stop talking about them. It is NOT because he is a freshman.

i agree. He is being outperformed by the other freshmen on our team(Holland specifically). He currently has 4 tackles through 6 games.

That article is wrong. The announcer was wrong. That was Lambert. The highlights are on Youtube - please feel free to watch the last play again and you will see Cowart was not in the game.

I think Cowart will be good. He is a freshman. I do wish he would play more but maybe he is not ready yet.

Muschamp has said that he's been pleased with Cowart's performance. Muschamp has been rather candid in his disdain for other aspects of the defense's performance, so he's probably telling the truth. And I'll take Will Muschamp's word for it.

Clowney and Nkemdiche had veteran defensive lines to support them.

Clowney was second string and able to play opposite one ALL-SEC end and one of the top sack masters in the SEC who was also a quality Tackle. He also missed A LOT of downs, since he wasn't a starter, was uselsss in the Alabama game his freshman year, and got hurt and was out for a few games.

Nkemdiche is a freak of nature who could play 3 positions coming out of high school and one of the very rare freshman to start at defensive end.

You are just going to have to learn patience. It's very rare that a freshman can just step in and excel in the trenches. Even more so when the other parts of the line aren't clicking. I would lay odds that if Carl was out there, Byron would be coming along a lot faster as defenses would have to account for both of them.

i agree. He is being outperformed by the other freshmen on our team(Holland specifically). He currently has 4 tackles through 6 games.

Holland is playing an entirely different position. You can't compare apples to oranges.

"Kentucky moved the ball, but some questionable play calling - and some good defense, admittedly - put the Wildcats in 4th and short. Byron Cowart forced the Kentucky QB out of the pocket and the Tigers cleaned up with the tackle for loss on 4th down to seal the 30-27 victory for the Tigers."

Watch the play and stop trusting SB Nation to get facts straight.

Here are the highlights. Watch the play

It's Lambert.

Here are the highlights. Watch the play

It's Lambert.

Correct. I was just helping out Crouching Tiger who couldnt seem to get the link or a quote posted so I posted for CT. It was not Cowart.

Archived